MISTER CHRISTIAN!!!

Post your photography.
jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » June 28th, 2007, 6:42 pm

stuck between two big rolls of papar
the big squeese
just in time the anti-hero plucked him out of harms way
and rode off into the sunset in his 18 wheeler

i saw a kc-135 tanker fly over my front yard yesterday, on into MacDill Airbase, had to reflect on how things would have been different had i obeyed orders lock step. Is there a God, mercy I'd like to think so.
Yep, would had my rank, made captain, my grandma would have adored me, and so on. Probably woud have met a lady enamored by my wings and gotten married, maybe stayed in and retired at an early age, I was 22 when I joined , mercy that was 38 years ago,

but I got the vets for peace and alternative radio here in tampa bay
and a lot of road going down beat and found Buddha,
no shit. i found you guys too in Lit Kicks, thru a portal called the Jack Kerouak School of Disembodied Poetics
as I perused Naropa University on-line. Thanks for inviting me over into this joint.
Keep on sailing in your head
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » July 15th, 2007, 9:06 am

Hello everyone! I'm still alive, physically, mentally, I've been dead for about a year now.
My boat, still high and dry just can't seem to get her wet. I gave my 21 San Juan to a friend who sails her regularly. I'm glad he saved her. She was in bad shape. My Gloucester 22 is in a shed now out of the elements waiting for the day I can find the time and passion to put her over.
Finally, pics of the Sharpie. Definately a nice boat!!!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 15th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Happy to know you still kicking.
Pretty boat, why isn't it in the water?

I have come to the conclusion that the best way to get any use out of a sail boat is to keep it in the water if you can afford the slip charges. Too much time to rig it and get it in the water if you just want to take a quick sail after work.

My first boat was an 11’ Penguin; I used to trailer that one.

A week after I bought the sharpie it sank. The guy that owned the marina said he thought it was because the river froze and when the tide came in the water rose up through the outboard well. It was so strange seeing it sitting on the bottom of the river.

I pulled it out in the spring and re-caulked the cypress bottom. The old canvas sails were rotted I ordered new Dacron sails with a double set of reef points. Those squalls came up fast on the bay. I got pretty good at reefing. Old-fashioned gaff rigging never jammed could drop sail fast. Club footed jib was easy to single hand.

I wish I was not so out of shape
I would love to wind surf

Sail on Richard
Good therapy for me
always

Return to “Photography”