Safari on the last day of 2021

Post your photography.
sasha

Safari on the last day of 2021

Post by sasha » January 1st, 2022, 2:59 pm

I love photographing foggy days, especially this time of year. Fog softens the already muted colors of a limited palette - sometimes reducing the image to its barest essentials in stark monochrome... backgrounds fade mysteriously away into gray nothingness...

Kemp Brook from West Lake Rd - Fitzwilliam, NH

001.JPG

002.JPG

Scott Pond from unnamed causeway - Fitzwiliam, NH

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

(the obligatory "I was Here" shot...)

006.JPG

The landscapes are as quiet aurally as they are visually. The only sounds beyond the crunching of my boots in the snow and the chatter of incessant conversation with myself came from the occasional raven sailing by overhead. I fancied their croaks were directed at me, or at least acknowledged my presence in their world...

McCoy Rd cemetery - Sharon, NH

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

The miraculous technology embedded in my hip was not forgotten, either. I've hurt myself twice since the surgery - once performing my PT exercises a tad too aggressively, once when slipping on the ice and twisting my torso to recover my balance - each time pulling something inside that I shouldn't have, setting me back 2 months. But rest and MODERATE exercise worked their usual magic, and have brought me nearly (90% maybe?) back to where I was before these mishaps. I need to learn Patience, and that quick, decisive actions are perhaps better left to someone 50 years younger than me...

hillside from junction McCoy Rd, Old Sharon Rd - Peterboro, NH

010.JPG

"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

saw

Re: Safari on the last day of 2021

Post by saw » January 1st, 2022, 5:43 pm

nice shots.....been foggy around here as well ....for a week...............almost like black and white photos...with the hint of brown in some cases....I like your "liner notes ".....and good to hear that despite a couple of setbacks you are moving forward with the hip.....keep up the good work roy !......and keep posting
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 2nd, 2022, 1:37 am

Thanks, Roy. These shots of a foreign landscape, i can feel the air and temperature.
Our morning walk was of newly sprouting wheatfields, clear air, with me hoping for no surprise rain. Perhaps tomorrow I'll offer a safari version.

sasha

Post by sasha » January 2nd, 2022, 11:51 am

judih, steve - thanks for viewing & sharing your thoughts. Seems that we don't get snow anymore - just sleet & freezing rain. As of now, the ground is bare, though my road (unpaved) is still icy in patches, and I don't feel confident yet to attempt walking there. I'll drive up to the lake after I've done my PT, park at the boat launch, and walk a mile or so out along a well-groomed road to work whatever muscle I damaged. I still get emotional savoring the experience! though the outbursts are less frequent & less intense.

I'll bring the camera too, because, why not?
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Return to “Photography”