More retreat pics...

Post your photography.
Artguy

More retreat pics...

Post by Artguy » August 26th, 2005, 11:52 pm

Fields of golden reflection

Informal dharma circle...just got back from town so I am wearing my tummy pouch....most of the week was spent without anything owned...

Resting pond...home of Koy and croaking bull frogs...

Artguy

Post by Artguy » August 26th, 2005, 11:53 pm

Sorry folks but Photobucket is just not working for me tonight...

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » August 27th, 2005, 4:29 pm

ring around the rosey
pockets full of posies
monkey mind is going crazy
just when it's time to get lazy.

time to calm down

time to calm down

aummmm mmaanini ppadddmme hummmmmmmm
Resting pond...home of Koy and croaking bull frogs...
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » August 30th, 2005, 1:33 pm

i love those black-eyed susans. can almost smell them thru the screen. i'd rather sit in their inspiration than daunted in the shadows of all that dizzying ornamentation. blinding gold makes no peaceful shrine for me, but rather sets off red alerts. guess i'm just a sun worshipper at heart.
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » August 31st, 2005, 9:00 am

Shrine room solace to sit....just sit
interesting observation, the shrine room and the pretty outdoors.....

There is a local Zen group that meets in a palacial house, it is owned by a wealthy woman who lives next door in an even grander estate, I am not completely comfortable there.

Last Sunday I went to my local Quaker meeting, a plain rectangular large room with semi- formed curves of chair rows,
not formal except for the silence and the form of the unprogrammed meeting.

I got a glorious hug from this whisper of a gracious lady, with her speckled purple cane. My jazz photographer friend Herb Snitzer was there as well.

I like some formality to the Zen meditation scene, but also a heaping bit of informality as well.

Like the contrast you mentioned Amok one, still with residual absinthe high, eh? Can you see the green fairy down by the pond?

All in all tho, when I peruse the shrine room, the red actually becomes deeper, more soothing, sort of soothing and energizing at the same time, The gold I would change into perhaps fiber weavings, tapestries of hues that appeal to one's inner sanctum and the group transpersonal meditative experience.

I am very color sensitive, and can see how one could find the gold to be distrracting. Personally I'd prefer something like turquoise and silver. However, when one submerges into the shrine room scene, the essential forms and colors both stimulate and soothe, it takes a while to settle in. Oh those cushions look comfy!
ring around the rosey
pockets full of posies
monkey mind is going crazy
just when it's time to get lazy.

time to calm down

time to calm down

click the "om" to hear the chanting then click the shrine room picture for an immersion experience, the shhrine room with Tibetan monks chanting.!!! How's that for going amuk? 8)

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » September 1st, 2005, 8:40 am

sweet!!

see now i might paint the whole room pristine white, remove all ornamentation, perhaps texture up all the surfaces with plaster, give it a Greek, rough, handmade feel. especially those columns. rip out that shrine and plant a big cushiony bed right there! and take everything else out of the room ... replace with one yoga mat, and one tall standing wrought iron candle holder, dripping with beeswax candles. and all those windows cry out for plants .. PLANTS!!!!

and alright, maybe ONE ostentatious touch ... some heavy red theatre curtains for when privacy is needed, but they have to disappear into the corners completely when the sun is up.

and VOILA!! there's MY inner peace room. i think everybody should design their own.
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » September 1st, 2005, 8:46 am

ommm shanntiiiiiiii
and VOILA!! there's MY inner peace room. i think everybody should design their own.
actually is a work in progress, am doing abit of redesign work as well.

Return to “Photography”