will i ever be able to look at
shores with a non-judgemental mind?
i wonder and wonder
but it's those images of destruction
that i cannot easily shake...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 15th, 2005, 11:39 pm

i missed this thread entirely till mtmynd stopped to reflect on shores.

Still a moment is a moment and the shots bring me close to the smell and wet foot feel of the salty sea.

digital or not, it all reminds me of epiphanies full force while living seaside mind expansions. The human connection to the sea is stronger than i can deny. Mer-beings we were once - amphibious to the core.

now, vestiges of angst course through me as i dwell inland with only tales and memories to keep my webbed feet wet.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » October 16th, 2005, 8:28 am

The Shore Drive Chevy
just back from the levy
with a bevy of bananas
and confetti:
...epiphanies full force while living seaside mind expansions. The human connection to the sea is stronger than i can deny. Mer-beings we were once - amphibious to the core.

now, vestiges of angst course through me as i dwell inland with only tales and memories to keep my webbed feet wet.
i love a parade
fall reading festival
and the peoples' fair
cirkis magurkis
i'll get a throw away
put 'em on a disc
my next project
afternoon at the fair
be there or be square
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » October 16th, 2005, 1:19 pm

Hand Me That Gas Tank
by
Richard Moylan Jr.
As I cautiously turned the corner as I often did with my antique 39 Chevy I heard a crash and a loud scraping noise. Knowing I did not hit anything I looked in my mirror to see what hit me. As I looked into my mirror I could not believe my eyes as I watched my half full gas tank slide across the pavement slamming into the curb. I barely made it to the parking lot of a corner gas station before the car cut off. Lucky for me I thought, until the gas station attendant came over and said “you can’t park here. “ I could not believe my ears! There I was standing on a corner, had my gas tank by its fill hose dragging it toward my disabled car and this man says “you can’t park here.” DA! As I prepared to re-attach my tank four attendants came over and pushed my car back into traffic and off their lot. While sarcastically saluting the attendants I hollered “thanks a lot, why don’t you kick a man while he’s down!” I managed to get a rolling start and rolled up into a restaurant parking lot. There I was greeted in the same manor as the attendants had greeted me. “You can’t park here!” The joys of visiting Virginia Beach where parking is a valuable commodity. Finally after begging for fifteen minutes of valuable parking space I began to re-attach my tank, not an easy task with half a tank of gas. As I slid my tank under my car, two black gentleman obviously tourists and had seen the whole ordeal came up to me laughing and asked, “hey man , is you on Candid Camera?”

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 16th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Funny story, Duck, altho I'm sure you weren't laughing a bit at that time. Beautiful machine! Still doing what it's supposed to?

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » October 16th, 2005, 4:00 pm

Unfortunately, I don't own that wonderful car anymore. I had eight great years with that car and getting rid of it was one of my biggest regrets. Sure wish I still had it. :cry:

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » October 17th, 2005, 9:32 am

As Dickie was coastin inti the gas station I bet he were thinking, ......(what luck, at least i can get some help here.......)

What a let down, man, folks in your neck of the woodz are more cosmopolitan than that.

We think that urban folk are somehow more complex. It's all in the mindset, yet that woeful tale, baleful indeed, of unhumane relations with the zombies of Anywhere, USA. I bet they weren't locals tho, some capitalist assholes probably had those attendents already brainwashed before you coasted and pushed your '39 Chevy into their way.
After the storm we decided to go down to the beach and throw frisbees til dawn. When we got to the beach we could not believe our eyes. The water was gone, well not gone, it was sucked out to sea by the storm and was about a half mile further out than normal.
Is that true? You are putting me on, man. I bet it happened at low tide, too, the synchronicity of lunar gravitational pull and the low pressure out at sea, someday it gonna happen in reverse and all the zombie attendants are gonna get soaked. Head for th hills!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » October 22nd, 2005, 9:24 pm

Another shot of my Chevy when it was lookin good.
Sitting in the photo is my friend PC of OV who was with me the night the water dissapeared. I believe that is me in the background in blue shorts. Now those were the good ole days!!!!

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » October 22nd, 2005, 9:31 pm

i like the pis they givge me a hard-on!

raelly...........
thus spoke G.A.P.

Return to “Photography”