A right profile from Phar Lepht

Post your photography.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 5th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Oh... just saw you posted that photo of your face in a round mirror, Duck.... I love that photo... very clever!

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » November 5th, 2005, 1:56 pm

I agree with Doreen... your reflection in the mirror is one of the best!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 5th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Duck - I, too, vote + for the 2d picture... it hides your bad haircut! :lol:

Seriously tho, that 2d one was really quite clever. How did you manage to aim the camera without seeing the reflection of yourself in the mirror? Several bad shots? A second party? Lucky shot? Fess up!

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » November 5th, 2005, 10:59 pm

I could see the camera in the mirror. If I see the camera it sees me.
and yes, lucky shot but I managed to take two. The mirror is from my telescope and is quite magnified.

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » November 5th, 2005, 11:14 pm

OK, I must come clean. The above photos of my reflection are not reflections at all. What I have in my hand is a portal I recieved from a visitor from far far away. When ever I want to I just hold it in my hand and go into it. Sometimes I stay for hours. It's really cozy in there.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 6th, 2005, 12:05 am

Thanks alot! Now I know why you call yourself 'sober'... If I was that sober I wouldn't come out of there either... :wink:

Neat shot, duck. Me gusta.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 6th, 2005, 10:48 am

that picture of you looking sober as a judge and staring out the window of the space portal made me think of a mental snap shot of my face as reflected in the mirror of a motorcycle. Eidetic camera, perfect likeness. Beneath the fuzzy gray beard I could still count my chins. I been getting "Jerry Garcia" from people lately. Probably means I need a haircut.

Cecil did anyone ever tell you that you look like Japhy Ryder? Ageless.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » November 6th, 2005, 11:07 am

Hey, I wouldn't mind being Jerry Garcia for a day or two. From time to time when I'm with beard people say I look like Harrison Ford in the movie Fugitive. In the begining of that movie he has a beard but personally I don't see the likeness.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 6th, 2005, 11:48 am

Only one movie that keeps coming to mind when I think of HF. Blade Runner. I don't know why he made such an impression on me. Maybe because he reminded me of my old friend Jitterbug. I like every thing HF has done. But I have only seen a few of his movies. Somethng likeable about the guy what ever he might be in real life. I started reading a book about movies, , about how we see ourselves as stars in our own movie. I had to take it back to the library. Going to try and get it again.
I don't see the likeness
Yeah I know but I think it is more like a feeling than a likeness. My neighbor wants to flatter me, he thinks of somebody he likes and kind of super imposes the identity on me. He needs a ride to the laundramat. Now I feel so good about myself I can't refuse.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » November 6th, 2005, 7:09 pm

Mtmynd, I did the jig saw puzzle thing. Here is one of the pieces.

Return to “Photography”