Shake Hands With The Devil!!!!

Post your photography.
Dave The Dov

Shake Hands With The Devil!!!!

Post by Dave The Dov » February 4th, 2006, 8:52 am

But which one is the Devil????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

microbe

Post by microbe » February 4th, 2006, 9:04 am

Is it this one??

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 4th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Get thee behind me Jesus

No idea what I mean. I just like the picture a lot. Or as Firesign Theatre used to say, "What you don't mean won't hurt you."

Nice work mate. 8)

The first time I saw someone make that sign with their hand I thought it was Satanic. But it is "Hook them horns." for the U of Texas longhorn football team. But you probably knew that.

I suppose everyone knows about the book of that name. Shake Hands With The Devil.

Ann Bingham

Post by Ann Bingham » February 19th, 2006, 1:12 pm

:twisted:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 19th, 2006, 2:44 pm

now we got this man in washington, his boots are nicely shined, not a spot of innocent blood on them. He is a noble honest, sincere, compassionate christian.
He says that Jesus Christ is the most importnt man he has ever met, I wonder who it really was he met in the bible study course he took so many years ago :?:

:twisted: :roll:

No idea what you are emoticoning about

Do you think there is a way that seems right to a man and leads to death and detruction?

I have the faith of a heretic.
Some folks trust to reason
Others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing
But I know it come out right

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » February 19th, 2006, 2:55 pm

FYI

Shake Hands with the Devil : The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda (Hardcover)
by Romeo A. Dallaire, Brent Beardsley
From Publishers Weekly

As former head of the late 1993 U.N. peacekeeping mission in Rwanda, Canadian general Dallaire's initial proposal called for 5,000 soldiers to permit orderly elections and the return of the refugees. Nothing like this number was supplied, and the result was an outright attempt at genocide against the Tutsis that nearly succeeded, with 800,000 dead over three months. The failure of the U.N.'s wealthier members to act as the tragedy unfolded obliged the author to leave military service to recover from PTSD (as well as the near breakdown of his family). While much of the account is a thickly described I-went-here, I went-there, I-met-X, I-said-this, one learns much more about the author's emotional states when making decisions than in a conventional military history, making this an important document of service—one that has been awarded Canada's Governor General's Award. And his descriptions of Rwanda's unraveling are disturbing, to say the least ("I then noticed large piles of blue-black bodies heaped on the creek banks"). Dallaire's argument that Rwanda-like situations are fires that can be put out with a small force if caught early enough will certainly draw debate, but the book documents in horrifying detail what happens when no serious effort is made.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078671 ... e&n=283155

Return to “Photography”