hand made lampshade, view from my window and self portrait

Also include crafts, jewelry making.
bennie2

hand made lampshade, view from my window and self portrait

Post by bennie2 » July 6th, 2007, 8:18 pm

that's my bookcase with a lamp i just fashioned out of wood. you like?

this is the view from my flat on the 14th floor with a kitchen reflection. I really like it and "the girl" wants it poster size for her wall. and that's the only thinh i need to hear. she likes it. i'm happy. i made her happy with an image.

and these... well... i'm growing a beard and I've been experimenting with paint and... it was inevitable... the boy done painted his face

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 7th, 2007, 5:02 pm

:lol: Hey Ol' Paint... is that a red beard peeking thru?

I dig your digs... 14th floor, eh? does the place have a 13th floor?

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » July 7th, 2007, 5:46 pm

yes it does. it has a 13th floor. there are two lifts (elevators), one for odd floors and one for even floors. i don't know how good you are with numbers but 14 is an even number. i get the even lift.

when i moved in the even lift was fucked! so i had to move my shit in using the odd lift.

the block has 15 floors (i'm almost penthouse) but the top floor isn't served by a lift. i had to take my shit up in the lift to the 13th floor and walk up a flight of stairs. luckily my aunt's boyfriend is built like a brick shit house and furniture is carried by him like lint in my pocket...

but hey, i moved into my flat on the 13th floor elevator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYh5oMDlWwQ

one of my favourite stand ups ( mitch hedberg) does a bit about hotels with no 13th floor. "...you people on the 14th floor, you know what floor you're really on... if you jump out of the window, you will die earlier!"

oh. yes. red beard. it's the scottish in me. big red fucking beard. it's at that itchy stage right now. but it'll be okay once i find myself a nice hat.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 7th, 2007, 7:15 pm

B: "i don't know how good you are with numbers but 14 is an even number. i get the even lift."

C: Thx for letting me know that, Bennie. :lol:

B: "luckily my aunt's boyfriend is built like a brick shit house and furniture is carried by him like lint in my pocket..."

C: That's a great analogy. Made me chuckle...

B: "but it'll be okay once i find myself a nice hat."

C: Damn, Bennie!! Post a picture when that beard grows out would ya' ? I've never seen anyone wear a hat on their chin. Wild!

Thx for that youtube link... I guess it's an American thing, this 13th floor shit... altho I doubt if it's nationwide ("i'm bad... i'm nationwide" - ZZTop. another Texas group like the 'elevator' was).

BTW: Here's a 13th Floor Elevator poster put out by Bill Graham's Fillmore West (San Francisco) in 1966. .. them catz is old! You can probably read who was with them - Great Society (that's Grace Slick in the center) back before her gig with Jefferson Airplane from which they came and the final act - Sopwith Camel.

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » July 7th, 2007, 8:22 pm

i just got into 13th floor... a few years ago... i love that sound. I always had a hippy temperament but the punk cds are slowly getting pushed to the side to make way for more hippy music, more folk, more...love.

built like a brick shit house is a common uk or scottish analogy. we used to (not me, my elders) used to have ouside toilets that were made of brick, and quite sturdy I imagine, hence the term.

i just think a nice full beard will go well with a hat. when i think hat, I think http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/jaxon-porkpie.jpg
that will work with a ginger beard, yes? ha. i guess i could dye the beard a sort of purple colour with hints of blue...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 7th, 2007, 8:49 pm

ah, the porkpie hat. there cool, but only a few heads can wear them... and i'm not one of them. i know this artist guy that always has one on... it fits his attitude quite well.... about the only one around these parts that can get away with it.

but upon imagining, i would say your the type that could wear a porkpie, especially with that red beard (nay to purple, mate! that don't rhyme with anything).

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » July 7th, 2007, 8:54 pm

purple rhymes with salamander and I'll hear no more about it. ;)

well, smart arse, what does orange rhyme with? i'll have an orange beard.

i guess I could call it an amber beard. that is my favourite colour... so...

amber
salamander
gander (scots for "have a look", ie "take a gander")
miranda
stander (posh erection)

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » July 7th, 2007, 8:55 pm

so, anyway, mr zen... ;)

what did you think of my lamp? i made it from scratch. no carpenrtry, joinery experience...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 8th, 2007, 3:28 am

your lamp... after taking a gander i'd have to say: "a nice looking piece, bennie, but perhaps a wee bit heavy on the wattage..?"

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » July 8th, 2007, 2:53 pm

There's a scene in this movie were one of the main actors paints his face in a bizzare way. Seeing those self portraits of reminded me of that the scene.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4ex-vXsIwg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4ex-vXsIwg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 22nd, 2009, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 10th, 2007, 12:54 pm

nice view & lampshade, benny!!!
I live in the 6th floor... 17th floors with 8 departamentos each floor... it´s like a hotel. Three lifts, most of the time only two or one of them works.
have you ever entered the lift or go outside with the painted face?

Return to “Sculpture, Collage, etc.”