butterflies and frogs

Also include crafts, jewelry making.
SmileGRL

butterflies and frogs

Post by SmileGRL » October 1st, 2008, 2:06 pm

i made this collage last night. this is basically a contrast between innocense and dark (psycho bride style) and as i explained to someone this morning, the perfect example of art as therapy

again playing with the darkside of fun. this is a selfportrait photo edited to capture a sense of fantasy. [ps. that is a small jeweled jewelery box(?) frog in my hand]

goldenmyst

Post by goldenmyst » October 1st, 2008, 9:26 pm

Your collages are many faceted gems, darkly beautiful, and psychedelic. You are truly gifted my friend.

John

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 1st, 2008, 10:41 pm

Hey, I liked these both, for different reasons - the top one is spooky, edgy, the bottom one more erotically tilted. Was there a reason you explained about the jewelry box frog?
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » October 2nd, 2008, 4:32 pm

My pet frog.
He hangs out in a puddle in the yard.
A bit skiddish he is but,
from time to time we ribbit.
Wonderful art, you do create, using the negative format.
Been known to do that myself.

SmileGRL

Post by SmileGRL » October 3rd, 2008, 4:18 pm

john...she curtsies...thank you kindly sir. :wink:

mr. mingo...the jewelry box frog...uhm, i wasn't sure the frog is clearly visible to everyone...plus, doesn't it sound exotic to have such a thing? :mrgreen: i got it for my birthday. thanks for all the rest...

sober duck...hey, your frog looks glow in the dark. "we ribbit"...heh. cool. aah, the negative format...in this case it's a combination of playing with saturation, contrast, hues to get different versions of the same picture, which versions to layer and layering techniques...and if after all that it's still not right...cutting and pasting...but yes, i like the surprising effect you sometimes get with "negative" style pictures...for example, the green snake in your owl picture.

Sober Duck

Post by Sober Duck » October 4th, 2008, 11:44 am

Yes my frog glows a bit, we're not to far from the Surry Nuclear Power Plant. All our frogs glow. No, really I had my headlights on him when I took his photo. I'm glad you explained the technique you used in your art, definately more involved than just pressing a button. I wish I could get past that. Maybe if I had more time to understand my computers potential I too could produce such beautiful effects. Although sometimes I suprise myself.

Return to “Sculpture, Collage, etc.”