Note to Umberto Umberto About Feet

Art news & posts that can't be categorized.
Lightning Rod

Note to Umberto Umberto About Feet

Post by Lightning Rod » December 10th, 2008, 9:43 pm

UU

I must say a word to you about the foot thing. Of course history will infer that you are a foot fetishist. I don't really know what that means, but you do represent the feminine foot in a wonderfully sensuous way.

I'm not particularly a foot fetishist, my fetishes move in a more traditional way, you know faces, tits, torsos, legs. But your drawings have always amazed me on this subject.

I like to carve wood. Ok, let's call it whittling. One time I had a love affair with a mesquite tree. It had fallen in a storm and I began to cut it for fire wood. It was a very large mesquite tree as mesquite trees go, about three feet at the trunk. The mesquite tree has very hard wood and a very interesting and gnarly grain. I admired the wood I was cutting and splitting so much that I couldn't bring myself to burn it so I used it for carving. I carved from that same tree for a couple of years. It was a strange love affair.

I carved eating utensils and small sculptures and door handles etc. But when I was in my whittling mode, letting the wood guide me, the pieces kept coming out as feet. The tree had much to say about feet.

I wish I had some photos of some of them, but I gave them all away.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your appreciation of this sublime human feature.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

UMBERTO UMBERTO

Post by UMBERTO UMBERTO » December 10th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Lr:

This is my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7511675@N06/

It has over one thousand images. You, as a visitor, may not begin to see all of them, but there are many which contain some depictions of the member that interests you.

Thanks, as always, for your comments.

--UU

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » December 10th, 2008, 11:32 pm

UU

The scope of your work amazes me. I just spent the past half hour wandering through your gallery. Your portraiture is astounding. I am very honored to have been depicted by you. (That's why I used your illustrations on my book covers)

You might be interested in the work of another of my friends. There is a link to his work in this post:

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... m+franklin

I remain your fan.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Return to “Artstalk”