do you want to listen to a story?

Veronica's musings, photography, poetry & more!

Moderator: Arcadia

Arcadia

do you want to listen to a story?

Post by Arcadia » October 30th, 2011, 9:57 am

Bienvenidos amigos to the experience of moderating myself...! :shock: :lol:
Last week I asked Doreen to move the "feel free to choose a topic" thread to other S-8 neighborhood because I didn´t want it to be at the top of the Politics forum all the time (I feel all of you have a lot to say there at this moment including silence!) & at the same time I wanted to keep posting in it: following its tracks it has been revealing (of & for) my monkey-opinionated-media-mind (at least until now!).
So, the original idea was to simply call the artlog "Feel free to choose a topic" (a sort of laughing-rolling eyes title, because are we really free to choose a topic?) and the description of the place was a negative-humourous one "relax... it´s not an exam!".
Doreen´s kindness renamed it as "Arcadia´s place" (keeping alive the paradox spirit) and included also the possibility of finding here poetry, photos & more...! Not sure, though, if you´ll find all that jazz here because I like to post in the collective forums in case I have something to post & I´m a little lazy to post double... but mudanzas sometimes bring surprises, so who knows?
Well, gracias for being an occasional compassionate reader and let me write in a loud voice (it´s a good exercise!). Also feel free to type (or not!) here! :wink:

still.trucking

Re: do you want to listen a story?

Post by still.trucking » November 2nd, 2011, 3:45 pm

I havee not read the thread yet but I but I want to listen.

Read so many bits and pieces they slosh around in a sea of neuro bio chemicals — bang around inside my skull, all those bits and pieces of seventy years of living and seeing and sixty five or six years of reading, I used to be smart when I was your age, a real little professor of facts and dates and names, now it is all a blurr, I can not tag a thought with its origin anymore, but in the past couble of weeks I found another bit the professors of culture and philosohy say makes us human. We were made to be story tellers.

Just wanted to say howdy and look forward to reading more of the story.
in CyberfRiendsHip
jack tilles
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 2nd, 2011, 7:10 pm

I used to be smart when I was your age, ... yeah, I believe you s-t! :D... but I don´t feel myself smart, just perplexed most of the time (specially in post-scriptum stances...! :lol:)

We were made to be story tellers : yeah, it´s quite possible! & you a great one!!!!!!!. Gracias for saying hi! here, amigo!!!!!!! :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 3rd, 2011, 12:21 am

So, the original idea was to simply call the artlog "Feel free to choose a topic" (a sort of laughing-rolling eyes title, because are we really free to choose a topic?) and the description of the place was a negative-humourous one "relax... it´s not an exam!".
Doreen´s kindness renamed it as "Arcadia´s place" (keeping alive the paradox spirit) and included also the possibility of finding here poetry, photos & more...!
Ohhhhh.... Duh! i'm sorry... I misunderstood. Do you want me to rename the Artlog "Feel Free to Choose a Topic"?

I can do that.... I feel so stupid!

sigh.......

Arcadia

Re: do you want to listen to a story?

Post by Arcadia » November 3rd, 2011, 1:03 pm

Doreen: it´s already stated in the story, don´t worry! ... :lol: and when I was talking about your kindness I meant it!!!!!!!! The name it´s ok, leave it as it is now! & gracias for it!!!!! :wink:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 14th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Arcadia, one of these days, I hope that my family & I may visit Argentina.
I always wanted to see your capital, the Andes, & Patagonia. I'm an avid
watcher of "National Geographic" specials & really was amazed by the sights
& beauty found near where you live. Rosario? Beautiful city! 8) :D

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 15th, 2013, 1:26 pm

The Andes and the Patagonia are not exactly near Rosario and Buenos Aires but in your country you are also familiar with big distances so I guess you won´t suffer them much here during your trip...! :lol: I hope you & your family can visit these lands if it´s your desire, feel free to tell me if/when you can do it, si? :D Rosario (as a city and a mental collective) is crossing both a sad and a polemic & hard learning moment these days... but yeah, I still find it beautiful somehow ...! :) Gracias for reading & writing!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 15th, 2014, 11:14 am

Arcadia, I appreciate knowing you online. You are very open minded & positive about peace. 8) Maybe someday I'll be able to travel to Argentina... :) I also appreciate your nice conversations to me about various topics. Your stories & news articles are wonderful. :idea:

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 24th, 2014, 9:35 pm

hey, Steve!, welcome to Wonder-World .... :lol: :wink: & no idea if I´m open minded & positive about peace ... but maybe you´re right!: I´m not very peaceful most of the time, that´s for sure .... :roll: :mrgreen:

Gracias for your appreciation, see you! :D

Return to “Arcadia's Place”