Chat Spot

Chit chat.

Moderator: Steve Plonk

the mingo

Re: Chat Spot

Post by the mingo » March 1st, 2017, 3:14 pm

What ? I'm either/or ? That's a true Trump maneuver if I ever saw one right there. I'm neither nor am I both.

Ivanka seems better versed or more cognizant of the uses of intelligence than her father. She has that long long neck too. However, she's not the Vice President so nothing to worry about.
Just look and enjoy.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 1st, 2017, 9:47 pm

Speak for yourself, Mingo, I can't stand the sight of Ivanka Trump or the horse she came in on.
I feel like you are just joking around--which I am aware you are apt to do. :lol:

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 1st, 2017, 11:27 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:...I can't stand the sight of Ivanka Trump or the horse she came in on.
She didn't come in on a horse. She flew in by jet.
Steve Plonk wrote:I feel like you are just joking around--which I am aware you are apt to do.
If I am joking around then I am doing it in the right place. After all, you are the one to call this place a "Chat Spot" which is not a moniker for serious discussion but light-duty bullshit & giggles. Besides, just because I "joke" around it does not follow I might be less than serious about the humor in it.

2nd besides: This is an internet vanity poetry site, like hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of others. It's not serious stock we deal in here.

3rd besides - why the distaste for Trump & progeny ? The Declaration of Independence & Constitution are still with us. They have outlasted all the dead Presidents and every dead Congress. Where is your faith ?

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 2nd, 2017, 2:28 pm

First off, Ivanka coming in on a horse was a metaphor. :lol:
Next, I can like or dislike whomever I want.
Lastly, my faith in the system has been severely tested. :shock:

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 2nd, 2017, 4:44 pm

First off, Ivanka coming in on a horse was a metaphor.
You're on the dodge, Plonk. All this has nothing to do with the question I asked you. You remember the question, right ? I'm loath to repeat it.

As for your faith in a "system", if that is where you have put your faith then betrayal is your proper reward . As a citizen of this nation you are asked to take your stand on the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and enumerated in the Constitution of the United States. Our duty is not to the government but to the two documents upon which that government is founded.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 2nd, 2017, 4:54 pm

Mingo, you are getting rather technical here.
This is just a chat spot.
If you want in depth answers, this is not the place to get them.
You may post in my "Life in the Horse Lane" column, if you like. 8) :lol:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 2nd, 2017, 5:10 pm

I celebrated Mardi Gras. Is there anyone else out there who did so? 8) :)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 3rd, 2017, 2:40 am

Mingo, you are getting rather technical here.
Technical ? You just don't know what to do with me, do you ? Now you want to shunt me off who knows where. You ol' horse flyer. We had this same conversation some yrs ago. Egads.

If being on point is being technical then ok. You dodged the original question yet again - well, won't be the first time I treed up the wrong bark. Or catted someone's skin.

Forget Ivanka Trump. Check out Ayelet Shaked, the current Justice Minister in Benjamin Netanyahu's Cabinet. Fly your horse over that bit of real estate. She's an outspoken advocate
of Israel for Israelis and if that means some Palestinian genocide to get there that's ok with her and she has no problem owning that view. With a face and form like hers I'd be forgiving of her bloody thoughts the same way I'm forgiving of the politics of most of my fellow citizens.

Or am I being too technical ? Forget I asked that. Seems your here to make statements but not to be available for questions about those statements. I understand.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 4th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Mingo, I've moved on from the above topic. My question was: did anyone else out there celebrate Mardi Gras. :?: It requires just a yes or no answer. :)
Just reminding you, I am the moderator of this thread. I gave you an alternative place to post, but you have not even looked in my column: Life in the Horse Lane. Keep in mind that I am the moderator there, also. :) :idea: Thanks for posting. Once again, this is just Chat Spot. No in depth answers will be attempted in this thread. Keep it light. :idea:
A topic thread in my column, fitting your discussion, is: "Jerusalem, Jerusalem". :D

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 8th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Happy International Women's Day. Remember all working women who struggle all over the world. We are in solidarity with you. 8) :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 17th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 8)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » April 16th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Hope everyone has had a Happy Easter, who celebrates it. Happy Passover to our Jewish friends. :) 8)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 20th, 2017, 10:37 pm

Happy Memorial Day in advance. Let's remember our service men & women who died
& were wounded in various conflicts. I've been around almost seventy years & we have
hardly ever been at peace in my whole lifetime. I can think of only several years, & most
of them were during the "Cold War". :roll:

Hopefully, we will not continue the war with North Korea. We haven't signed a peace treaty
with the North Koreans & just have a more than sixty year old armistice. :!:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 22nd, 2017, 9:36 pm

Well, kind folks & gentle people, it's the fiftieth anniversary of the "Summer of Love".
What about that? :D 8) We can always use more love in the world. So, I think it
is a good thing to celebrate. :!: :idea:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » July 26th, 2017, 3:55 pm

Happy midsummer! May you have a good continued season.
Try to seek the lake or sea, or failing that seek the shade for a picnic! :)

Return to “Chat Spot”