Chat Spot

Chit chat.

Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Re: Chat Spot

Post by Steve Plonk » November 19th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Mingo, Thanks for posting. :) Sorry for the miscues. :( This is the right place to chat. 8)
Essays belong in the essays & poetry belongs in poetry. Or so I understand. Small
paragraphs & chat belong here or in General Discussion. I advertise to get more postings...
"Spirit wrestling" or "bull wrestling" is okay here, too. :lol:
Last edited by Steve Plonk on November 19th, 2013, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm

ok - don't have to advertise ya know - just be interesting - interesting to the point of crazy if ya have to - so what the hell brought ya here in the first place - this is a crazy place for sure - everybody bouncing & ricochets off the walls are common - you like ricochets? hope so - stock in trade round here or any place folks having fun or in the act of real-true-to-life breathing -
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » November 19th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Yeah, its fine to "ricochet" or be used as a "sounding board". Sometimes we bounce ideas
off other folks to see what occurs. Mingo, your ideas are unusual...In a great way.
Hey, but sometimes even the usual bull may become unusual if combined with new ideas. I am a seeker of new ideas. I'm not your average bear. I'm kind of like Yogi. I've tried yoga.

Deep in thought, at times, I may become esoteric or even absurd. I like to juxtaposition
the ordinary right next to the extraordinary. I come about it honestly... My great granny was a "spirit wrestler". :) 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 19th, 2013, 4:03 pm

what's a spirit wrestler?

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » November 19th, 2013, 6:43 pm

A "spirit wrestler" is:
"from the USCC Publication" - "The Doukhobors in Canada, 1974"

"In 1785, Archbishop Ambrosius of the Russian Orthodox Church, in an effort to identify as heretics a group of dissident Russian peasants, referred to them as "Doukho-bortsi". The term literally means spirit wrestlers — and the priest intended it as a derogatory label meaning that these people were struggling against the Holy Spirit. The Doukhobors adopted the name, but gave their own interpretation to it, saying: "We are Spirit Wrestlers because we wrestle with and for the Spirit of God". By this they meant that in struggling for a better life they would use only the spiritual power of love, rather than any form of violence or coercion."

To read more see link: http://www.usccdoukhobors.org/historica ... hobors.htm

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 19th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Thx - went out to google other things about this - i get an education around here - so are you part of all this? do you practice this or better, live it? or have other things happened?

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » November 20th, 2013, 12:51 am

Thanks for asking...It's a part of my heritage, & I respect it. 8) However, I'm just an ordinary Christian, with a bit of healthy skepticism. I believe in peaceful co-existence with all peoples.
We are three generations removed from our roots in that spiritual side of the family...
I am a nuclear pacifist. I hope atomic weapons don't ever have to be used again. :idea:

Of course, now we have particle beam weapons & drones which are very high tech indeed.
I sometimes worry about these weapons becoming commonplace. :( :roll:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 24th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, & Happy Kwanza! (sic) Let's give peace a chance,
as the bard, John Lennon, says. 8)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » January 21st, 2014, 2:02 pm

Hope everyone is having a blessed New Year, so far. Also, Happy Chinese New Year,
coming up on or around January 31, 2014! It will be the "year of the Horse", according to the Chinese Zodiac.

I am hoping, that since it is the year of the Horse, more folks will visit my Column, "Life in the Horse Lane" & my Artlog, "Flying Horse Cafe". Be sweet... :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 5th, 2014, 12:43 pm

More to follow after my "hard drive" sabbatical. More to follow! As I'm flying on Stewball,
my Great Speckled Horse... 8) Onward to the gilded corral! :lol:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 13th, 2014, 3:31 pm

We're here, in Tennessee, watching the winter olympics, in Sochi, Russia, with seven inches of snow on the ground here. :) It's warmer there in Russia, than it is here. It was 61 degrees yesterday in Sochi. Of course, the surrounding mountains are colder & there is plenty of snow. 8)

For us, in the mid-south, USA, snow this deep in mid-February is unusual. The Carolinas
got a foot of snow... Then of course, in Australia & Argentina, it is the middle of summer. 8)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 19th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Let's chat, let's chat, now I'm here, so where you at? :?:
Happy Spring up here in the Northern Hemisphere; otherwise,
for those in the Southern Hemisphere, Happy Autumn. :!: 8)
For, some, it is already March 20th, the first day of the new season. :idea:

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » March 19th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Saw my first wild flowers yesterday :D
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 23rd, 2014, 1:21 pm

Crocus open Crocus open Crocus open... Hoo Hah! :lol:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 23rd, 2014, 1:31 pm

indian paint and bluebonnets :D
March is blowing outside my door today
a good day for a kite or a saibloat

Return to “Chat Spot”