October Earth is on ...

Links & reviews - other arts sites.
brooklyn

October Earth is on ...

Post by brooklyn » October 1st, 2004, 8:22 am

Hi all -- just wanted to invite everybody to come down to OCTOBER EARTH where we hope to have an interesting month. Here's where to start:

http://www.litkicks.com

Hope to see you all there!

-- Levi

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 1st, 2004, 9:41 am

october first today!

yeah, true. off to check it out

judih

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » October 1st, 2004, 9:44 am

Hi Levi

We wish you all the luck with OCTOBER EARTH

I have made my first post there and it's (ahem) waiting for review.

again, good luck

and don't be a stranger here either.

lr
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » October 1st, 2004, 1:03 pm

....well clay......kinda interesting ....review?????.....I could'nt get in with my old password for some reason......what's up with the review thing.......mark

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » October 1st, 2004, 1:37 pm

mark,
I got in fine with my old password. Don't know what the problem could be.

not sure what the 'review' thing entails. There is a delay between when you post and when it appears. I assume that somebody or someBOTty is filtering them.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 1st, 2004, 2:30 pm

The review process was fairly short. i'd figured it would wait that hour that they've allowed for editing, but 'review' ended before the hour hand completed its rotation.

Still seems like separate bedrooms. It's like op-ed. lots and lots of opinions. Aren't we gonna argue or get ourselves riled up?

(juss askin -)

judih

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 1st, 2004, 2:48 pm

looks nice, levi!

I posted my "peace" ;) (still don't see it yet, though)

confused by the navigation .... i got to it right after posting it so i saw the edit button but now i can't get back to my own piece as i started reading the posts of others and can't figure out how to navigate back to mine since it's not appearing yet

also, what did you mean by "Feel free to respond to each other".... how do we respond to each other?

best wishes for the success of this project... i'll be back over there to answer other questions you guys post

would be good to know how to navigate, though, to get back to my own piece to edit it and how we're supposed to reply to the posts of others

Thanks for any info when you check back here

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » October 1st, 2004, 2:54 pm

what do you all think about it.......kinda looks real different from the outside ...I'm home now on my puter and will be trying to get into likicks site......definitely not what I expected .....mark

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 1st, 2004, 3:07 pm

i think it looks like a bunch of opinions on an issue.
what we do with that basis is still to be seen.

It's an experiment, though, and as such - it's best to come in with a wide open attitude.

October is a month filled with days - let's watch the process in action

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » October 1st, 2004, 3:37 pm

yeah I'm passin on opinions and passin on the topic.....really not what I'm into as a beat poetry and performance writer.....guess I'll see if there's any topics that aren't current events issues....I must admit i'm real disappointed bout this .......it was such a great poetry site for me.......like ya say judih it's just the first day......I hope.......mark

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 1st, 2004, 5:09 pm

first i posted mine to A when i meant to post it to B and when i couldn't figure out why it never appeared, i realized my mistake

then, i went back and reposted the same piece to B but i still have some edits and didn't get them completed before i reposted it and i'd love to find the edit button

has anybody else found the edit button?

if so, where is it?

thanks!

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » October 1st, 2004, 5:21 pm

I'm kinda with Judih on this. It's too early to make conclusive value judgements. I've been watching the posts since early this morning.

The posts are pretty good -- they should be because this is an articulate and deepthinking group. My whine is only that I already know how everybody feels about the war in Iraq. So far, there haven't been any surprises for me, and I am not going to post to this topic. It's partly because I am kind of worn out on politics, though. My issue.

I know how she feels about the "separate bedrooms" too. Where's the debate being held?

I will continue to pay attention. As there are 31 days in October, I assume this will be an evolving process.

I read from the responses here that the posts are getting screened and it takes as long as an hour for posts to appear? I wonder why ...

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 1st, 2004, 6:02 pm

I won't be joining the debate.

I refuse to be cornered into voting for "A" or "B". There are many
aspects to this debate, and to focus on whether this is a "US victory" or not seems in many ways beside the point. What about the Iraqis? These chickenhawk loose cannons running our country and the flag-waving robots who support their violent, irresponsible policies would sure as hell question the spreading of "peace and freedom and stability" by means of bombing, invasion and occupation if it were their children dying, or their homes and loved ones being reduced to broken rubble.... that's for damn sure.

The question is..... is this a victory for the Iraqis? What do they want? Did we even bother to ask them? Did we bother to ask them or to think ahead twenty years ago when we set up Saddam in power? Suppose a wobbly democracy emerges for awhile. It will always be on a tight leash to Wash. DC.... don't kid yourselves.
Will Islamic resistance to this US client government (in essentially everything but name) suddenly just give up? This war might just be the most over-the-top, brazen showcase of US arrogance and ignorance yet.

One cannot even begin to debate victory or defeat until America's fundamental approach to living in the world community undergoes a major transformation, in my opinion. A or B? I'll pass on the question.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » October 1st, 2004, 6:03 pm

yeah cat.....I won't post on this one either...kinda a woren out subject.....here's hopin we can get back to the Beat.....at least that's why I was there....I get enough politico stuff at work and at the lunch counter and from the postman ..milkman ....barber...everybodies doin' it...let's have some more literary ?'s down the line please Levi...Caryn ...& jamelah.........wired

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » October 1st, 2004, 6:19 pm

Good point, Mnaz. It's a bit like those AOL and MSN polls, isn't it? But I see that some of our friends have taken slightly devious ways to express opinions a bit more sophisticated than "victory" yes or no?". If you read the pro-victory points of view, they're not really that simple. I like Firsty's best so far out of that group.

Did you read the brief comments this morning from the Italian woman who was kidnapped by Iraqi terrorists and then released? I thought that was very interesting. If victims of the terrorists come out publically on their side, that sends a powerful message.

As for me, I'm just a little worn-out on poli-sci for the moment. I'd rather discuss just about anything else: animal welfare, religion, literature, love ... you-name-it. Besides (you know me) I love a good discussion and so far this isn't really a discussion, debate, conversation, dialog, or any of that. Like Judih said, it's op-ed. Not that it's bad, it just hasn't lit my fire so far.

I vote more literary stuff, too, Wireman. Let's discuss abstract art. What is it? Define "Art" (now there's a topic that would take us all over the map).

Return to “Other Arts Sites”