Healing energy for Lightning Rod

Honoring Clay January (Lightning Rod) RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
stilltrucking

Re: Healing energy for Lightning Rod

Post by stilltrucking » June 19th, 2011, 10:24 am

I spent the day browsing the archives, found one thread by you called "What do you believe about believing. Kind of embarrassed by all my inane comments on it but even so I liked the thread a lot.

Seems to me there is a fine line between belief and opinion. I believe I have one asshole but many opinions.

I remember the last time you gave me the adrenalin shakes by something you wrote. You were giving your opinion about the Russian attack on Georgia. You said we can not let that stand. And I went postal on you. In all my spewing rant and anger not one violent thought crossed my mind, never thought about raising my hand against you. I've come a long way amigo, I used to have so many violent thoughts. Maybe it is just age that mellowed me, a drop in testosterone.

I believe in Friendship
that is the smile of a survivor, a fighter, a life lover, looks like you are saying you would not believe the shit storm that I just been through.
for what it is worth here is the link to the what you posted about believing
the belief and the believer
the true believer I know you are familiar with Eric Hoffer's little book.
I believe in everything
some more than others
a man once told me he could make the jack of diamonds jump out of a deck of cards and spit cider in my eye. I did not believe him, my eye still burns. (from the old James Garner Maverick TV show"

I know getting well is hard work
keep up the good work
what do you believe about believing

Quote of the day
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" would you believe Mae West said that?
Attachments
smile.jpg
smile.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 2147 times

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 19th, 2011, 11:00 am

hola l-rod!!! :) moving smiles, hermosas fotos!!!!!!!

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » June 19th, 2011, 12:50 pm

For those of you wondering why Lrod doesn't post himself--his eyesight is so poor at this point that he has to copy and paste what he wants to read, then blow it up large enough to see, then do the reverse with his entries. Quite a pain in the butt. His eye appointment is in November. He has tried every avenue available to move it closer, but there simply aren't any earlier appointments available.

He begins radiation treatment this next week to be sure all the cancer is eliminated. He still is not able to eat much solid food, mostly smoothies and protein drinks at this point.

I've loaned him one of my guitars so that he can have one more outlet for his talents and energy, since singing and flute-playing are no longer possible. I'll continue to drop in on him at least once a week to check on him and to update you folks. He does appreciate your kind attention, and continues to improve health-wise. His positivity and hopefulness are inspiring to me, as I hope they are to you all.
Not just another pretty face...

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/mistertroll/arcsoftexperiment1a.jpg[/img]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 19th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Absolutely wonderful. Guitar is a good idea. Or piano (but that's a little trickier to find)

I'm wondering if there are any good speech-to-text programs around for free. You just say what's on your mind and the computer converts it to text - surely there's something out there...(surely, but i don't have a clue - maybe i can find out)

best to you troll for being such a great liaison. Send Clay my best and may the protein smoothies rock him back to health. Vitamin C is good to counteract the effects of radiation.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 19th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Windows XP and Windows 7 have a built in magnifer for text, it also has Narrator which reads windows commands and typed text. I have an old Pentium III notebook with Windows XP which I can send Clay if he needs a Windows machine. I think a Macintosh probably has the same features but I am not sure.

Thank you mistertroll for keeping us posted.
Attachments
accessibility.jpg
vision.jpg
vision.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
magnifier.jpg
magnifier.jpg (23.33 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
narrator.jpg
narrator.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 2135 times

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » June 19th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Lrod has a Mac, but I'll investigate the possibilities.

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/mistertroll/arcsoftexperiment1a.jpg[/img]

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 19th, 2011, 11:36 pm

clay... good to see you around again!

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » June 20th, 2011, 11:15 am

Good to see you, Lrod. And smiling too, despite the odds you've faced you've come up ragged around the edges but with plenty of snot and vinegar left...I was gonna say spit and vinegar, but upon reading the more recent events I decided snot was the more apropos word.

Keep up the good fight, Lrod. You have some great and caring friends. Thanks for the updates mistertroll et al. We've become a bit of a family here over the years and despite our long absences and sustained silences we wanderers still return to check in. It's funny how the internet can draw we strangers close.

All of the mousey1's fingers and toes and tail too are crossed for a most excellent recovery.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 20th, 2011, 11:17 am

mistertroll wrote:Lrod has a Mac, but I'll investigate the possibilities.
Suggest that he uses Safari browser, View menu, Zoom In ..... You can increase the size of the text (and everything else) on the screen at least 200%... maybe 400%.

Same with Firefox... View menu, Zoom, Zoom in....

Also, it's possible you can set the view settings in the Preferences of both of these Mac browsers so it stays that way for any site you visit.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Troll.

When does the radiation start? Do you know? Also, do you know when they plan surgery to install the electronic voice box? (or has that already been done?)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 26th, 2011, 9:19 pm

SO, what's happening with the computer? I sure would like to hear from Clay.

If there is anything I can do please let me know. The Buddhists say money is just energy. I lost my part time job, I quit like an idiot. Well anyway it kills me that I don't got twenty bucks to buy another lightning rod book.

I thought about Clay today, I been thinking about divine Grace a lot lately
I wish I knew what I meant by that.
I guess trashy truckers would call it luck, I don't know but I believe in it.
Lou Gehrig was the luckiest man alive.

So is Clay.
Please keep us posted mistertroll, thank you
Clay wrote:
You make your choices and you take your chances.
karma is a joker and laughs in abandon
karma gives you four quarters for a dollar. Lightning Rod

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6&p=51411&hilit=oh+fortuna#p51411

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » June 26th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Visited Lrod briefly today, took him a set of strings for the guitar I loaned him last week, and some B-complex vitamins to hopefully boost his immune system.

His color, etc. is much better. They put a new feeding tube in his throat and told him not to eat any solid food for now. He starts radiation therapy next week. Five days a week for five weeks is the plan. He said it takes about twenty minutes to do the deal. He's very impressed with the hospital (Southwestern Medical School) and the staff. They will also be moving his feeding tube down to his abdomen. He should be able to eat solid food after the radiation is all done.

He's in good spirits. His sister was arriving just as I was leaving. She's been very helpful to him. Always glad to see family come through.

That's it for now...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 26th, 2011, 11:23 pm

hi MisterT -
can he take B-complex vitamins if he's got a feeding tube (or are they liquid?)
In any case, vitamin C is also a good idea - herbal infusions - they take time but they're powerpacked with nutrients.

L-rod - now's the time to reap the goodness of planet earth to sizzle your body with fortification -

May the songs roll. Best to you all

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » July 7th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Announcing the Save the Poet's Eyes Benefit Concert, August 21 at Poor David's Pub in Dallas. Make your plans now!

It's a Sunday afternoon and early evening thing with live music and a silent auction and crazy antics. Jim Franklin (http://yb3d.com/jimfranklin.html) has donated an original artwork.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » July 8th, 2011, 2:36 am

good idea, Mister T.
what's the news with Clay? How's he feeling?

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 8th, 2011, 11:47 am

Announcing the Save the Poet's Eyes Benefit Concert, August 21 at Poor David's Pub in Dallas. Make your plans now!

it sounds good! :D can we help from here? it would be great that he can read again without too much effort, I guess...!

How's he feeling? that´s a good question, send him our saludos if you see him during the weekend, gracias!!!!

Return to “Lightning Rod”