Healing energy for Lightning Rod

Honoring Clay January (Lightning Rod) RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
sooZen

Re: Healing energy for Lightning Rod

Post by sooZen » May 19th, 2011, 9:08 am

Okay, I just found this and the updates on Clay because of Doreen's post on FB. Duh Soo!

I know Clay will be well, maybe "well-er" as we all have to adjust to the "rusty years." And us Texicans are tough hombres, we rise to the occasions. I know he is gonna RISE AGAIN, (praise the lordy and pass the ammo!!!) Shaky ground, I am sure, is under his feet but there is a whole passel of love and "get well-ers" here and in the ozone...

Get yer ass outta that bed L-Rod, ASAP. We need yer cogent voice (even a digital one, even better) and six gun shooter mind! I have you in my thoughts daily and have reserved a candle for you although, a lightning rod on the roof (in this drought) might be better. (Can't climb up there tho.)

Get thee healed!!! Think positivo! !Andele pues! Remember NATE! (He is my Alamo.) Despite the odds, and they were long shots, he survives to kick ass again. (Mine usually.)

I love you compadre, mucho! Will always. And I expect you to ride this donkey. Don't let it throw you sugar. Let all who will support you, be supportive for it is all we can do.

Hugs and Smacks big guy!
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 19th, 2011, 9:27 am

Troll.... great news from Kelly! Thanks for letting us know that. :)

SooZ... actually, I'm keeping the updates here, not posting them on FB. All I posted there was a couple of songs and saying he had surgery. Oh wait! I guess I did post a link to this thread on his FB page. I hope that's OK with him. It's hard to tell how much privacy he'd want. Maybe I should delete that link on FB and just keep it all here on S8 because I did have a friend ask him if it was OK to let everyone know on S8 how he's doing and he answered YES! (on a piece of paper) and wrote on the paper that he misses everyone here!

Wonderful supportive greeting! :)

Trying to figure out how to copy this thread in a larger font to print it out and mail it to one of his friends in Texas to send to him. I'll figure it out.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 21st, 2011, 4:27 am

How you making it cuz?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 21st, 2011, 10:48 am

stilltrucking wrote:How you making it cuz?
Me? I don't know if you're talking to me. But I'll tell you anyway...

I cried last night. I'm concerned. I feel like I should be there to help him through. I feel guilty like I abandoned someone and now he needs me. Our break-up was necessary, but still I have a lot of caring for him and love and memories and he better frickin' get better soon because I can't continue feeling guilty like this. (selfish, huh? geez)

I got a beautiful letter last night from his ex-wife, Linda, which included a photo of them when they were young with her holding their baby. Just beautiful. Maybe I'll post the photo.

I used to tell him, "If you die on me, I'll kill you." :) It was part of our humor. He'd say the same thing. Then we'd say, "If we split up, I'm going with you." ... but I didn't go. I stayed.

All this is too personal. We had a rocky go of it but still, I hold fond memories. He's my friend.

He'll be OK. He just needs a voice box.

They've got them in stock. ;)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 21st, 2011, 12:22 pm

Here's a photo his ex-wife, Linda, sent me. She is holding their baby, Sativa, who is now in her 30s. Sativa just recently gave birth to twins! Clay is a grandfather again! Beautiful photo! Linda is a very kind and sweet lady. Her email to me was wonderful!

click on the photo for a larger view
clay_linda_sativa.jpg

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » May 21st, 2011, 2:24 pm

Oh me oh my the years flit by. Bringing with them the settled and the unsettling. Just when our raucous spirits are relaxing and finding their calm inner peace and voices of wisdom gleaned through the years, we get whacked in the cajones with more battles to fight and win, and just when we least expect. Well, we all trudging down these roads of our various fates and passions.

This news is most unsettling. I shall refrain from using any emoticons, as I know Lrod was none too fond of them. Right here <<< I would've used the one with the tongue sticking out in ribbing and jest.

Lrod, I join with all the rest of your loving cohorts here at studio eight in wishing you a good and speedy recovery. You will get through all this and deal with that which has been dealt your way. It is all any of us can do, face that which we must. And while I know that many of us wish we could bring our concerned support to you there in person it is perhaps more fitting this way, our spirits of caring centered around you at this most difficult time, rather than an agitated bunch of stranger faces scuffing toes and scrambling for helpful things to say. (fights temptation to insert goofy emoticon here).

Anyway, know that a virtual stranger up in Canada holds fond thoughts of you and the wellest of wishes. We're all kinda like family though ain't we, there's an odd comfort in that.

I look forward to your return here and words of insight gleaned from all this. You've been down a hell of a rocky path and are due for some smooth sweet sailing.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 21st, 2011, 4:17 pm

yeah, Doreen, we live in a culture in wich being guilty insumes sometimes a lot of our energy... :roll:. So beautiful photo you shared with us, so young the three of them...!!!! :lol: :D

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » May 22nd, 2011, 9:58 pm

Visited LRod again today. He is now in a semi-private room, still in good spirits and healing well. He had a morphine-induced freakout and tried to pull all his connections out, so they pulled the morphine. He's also still on the ventilator, so I guess they're still fighting his lung infection. Since he's on liquid food, they have to keep a sharp eye on his blood sugar. They gave him an insulin shot while I was there. He's expecting to be released pretty soon. I'm thinking maybe a week or even less. He expects to be able to play when the band he's with (The Cliff) opens for The Dallas Symphony Orchestra on June 1st.
Not just another pretty face...

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/mistertroll/arcsoftexperiment1a.jpg[/img]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 22nd, 2011, 10:53 pm

June 1st performance! Cool!

Morphine induced freak-outs aside - hope that his healing progresses at a remarkable pace - the will to be L-rod adds more than a modicum of impetus.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 23rd, 2011, 11:13 am

Thanks for the report, Troll.

I'm getting mixed reports that he's doing well recovering and others saying he's not doing so well.

Glad to hear your positive report!

Trying to figure out when and how I can get out there to see him. Rene told me he's going soon. I can't go right now. I wish I could.

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » May 23rd, 2011, 5:39 pm

He's a little bit feeble, but positive, hopeful, and somewhat energetic. He's been through quite a trauma. His biological processes are working well. I'm convinced there is no need for excessive worry.

I'll probably try to get by there again on Wednesday.
Not just another pretty face...

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/mistertroll/arcsoftexperiment1a.jpg[/img]

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 23rd, 2011, 7:44 pm

:)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 24th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Thank you

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 25th, 2011, 8:22 am

mistertroll wrote:He's a little bit feeble, but positive, hopeful, and somewhat energetic. He's been through quite a trauma. His biological processes are working well. I'm convinced there is no need for excessive worry.

I'll probably try to get by there again on Wednesday.
Great to know! Thanks very much, Troll!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 25th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Clay got out of the hospital today. His sister picked him up and took him home. This is good! They wouldn't have released him unless he was doing a LOT better!

Just got off the phone with Troll. He's been keeping me posted. Thanks, Troll! :)

Return to “Lightning Rod”