My Pips

Honoring Clay January (Lightning Rod) RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
dadio

Re: My Pips

Post by dadio » January 11th, 2014, 4:49 am

A poem outlives the poet. It is his/her gift left behind. To read them after their death or comment on them is part of the process of the poem's survival and the name of the poet's thereby. If comment on a poet's poem(whether alive or dead) I always do so with respect. LR, is a poet worth remembering and his work ought to be brought befoore the eys of those who may not have read him while he was alive.

short timer

Post by short timer » January 11th, 2014, 10:42 am

I am sorry. I realize what you are saying. That is what I meant when I said "personal" "silicon" "carbon" My own autistic way of trying the express a loss I feel for people like Clay and Norman Mallory, Sylvia Plath, or Judy Garland. People I never really knew except through the work they did in life. I guess I feel closer to my studio eight friends because even though we never met in person we exchanged words here on studio eight. Work/words that enriched my life. Thank you for studio eight my little oasis online.
Most of the time if Clay comes into a post of mine it is because I look at some crap I have just wrote and think about his style. I guess I think of him as my "style pip" what Strunk was to White. I wish I could have made it to Dallas but I was so grateful that he had such friends as you and stupid Bob.

Free Rice

http://www.landscaper.net/short.htm

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 11th, 2014, 1:15 pm

dadio wrote:A poem outlives the poet. It is his/her gift left behind. To read them after their death or comment on them is part of the process of the poem's survival and the name of the poet's thereby. If comment on a poet's poem(whether alive or dead) I always do so with respect. LR, is a poet worth remembering and his work ought to be brought befoore the eys of those who may not have read him while he was alive.
YES! Absolutely! That's why I created this Memorial Forum where I am moving his works so they can be in one place for all to read and reply to. I just haven't finished moving everything yet but I continue to do the work when I have time.

That said, the permanency of Studio8 has never been guaranteed. I operate it from my own funding plus have, through the years, had a bit of help from some of the members who have donated using the donate link. If there ever comes a time, though, that I am unable to continue funding the operation of it as well as do the work or hire the tech work to be done, I will offer the site to someone who is interested in operating it and capable of paying for it and doing the work.

To keep LRod's work alive, I suggest purchasing his books. There's a link at the top of his Memorial Forum in the eulogy section where I wrote about his life and his life work to honor him. Proceeds from purchasing books go to his sister, Christye. Books are MUCH more permanent than the internet. He has several poetry books as well as a couple of "The Poet's Eye" social commentary books. I'll go get the link.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 11th, 2014, 1:19 pm

Here is a link to the eulogy which includes information about his life and his life's works as well as links to his music and books. I sure do miss him. I loved him. I still love him. And he was one of the finest poets and prose writers I have ever had the opportunity to read. He will live on through his words and in the hearts of those of us who knew him!

Memorial Eulogy - About Clay January's life and life works + links to purchase his books and listen to his music. Click this link >
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=25245

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 11th, 2014, 1:24 pm

To Jack ... no need to be sorry. It is expected that I would continue to grieve. After all, we lived as spouses for over 5 years and wrote reams of material collaboratively, as well as played music together and performed together. We were partners and spouses in every aspect of those words. I will probably grieve at some level for the rest of my life and reading his material and our collaborative material or listening to it will some days bring joy and others, tears. It's just part of life. Every wife grieves forever.

To all... Keep finding his old posts and replying to them. That helps me find them so I can move them to his Memorial Forum where they're all in one place. Thank you for your help!

Return to “Lightning Rod”