Demonic Doodlebug Poems

Poetry penny haiku, maxims, humor, photos & more.

Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Demonic Doodlebug Poems

Post by Steve Plonk » July 31st, 2010, 9:15 pm

DEMONIC DOODLEBUG

By Steve Plonk

If your kitchen’s got ghosts,
Turning your eggs into toasts:
Whom do you call?
Demonic Doodlebug!
Oh Oh Oh yeah! He’ll climb down
The ghostly stair!
He’ll catch ‘em ghosts,
Get ‘em under control,
So they restore the eggs they stole!

Author's Notes:
"Demonic Doodlebug" was inspired by the movie: "Ghostbusters" ...A whimsical piece.
...More to follow.
More Author's Notes:
Take these poems below with a grain of salt (or not)
inspired by the hymns: "Amazing Grace" and "Just As I Am".
My zeal has faded since then. However, I have kept the faith.
These two were written during my "Magic Christian" period...

UNEMPLOYED ZOMBIE FOR THE LORD

Yes, and our love shall last forever. WE shall be as the wheat, not like the chaff. Our love shall endure beyond time, space, and all worlds. The Creator shall bless and keep us and shine down upon us and warm our souls like the sun. “ Y abrazando dos vientos,/ Y al viento se arrojo a Jesus…And embracing the fresh wind,/ And with the wind did ride to Jesus.”
And so my folks did…!
For the Lord is merciful and his mercy is everlasting and His truth endures from generation to generation. And who will wear the crown of glory? Those who overcome shall wear the crown of glory. For the Lord has many mansions and he went before us so that before all time we will have a place prepared for us. His house has many mansions and at this moment we will dwell in Paradise together. Behold , all have an Advocate with the Parent God—Jesus Christ, the righteous, and He is the propitiation for our sins.

For all are sinners and stained and yet, if we repent, our sins shall be washed from us with Holy Water and we shall be without stain.

The Lord God said, “I am the alpha and the omega, and those that are dead, so shall they live…, and I will wipe all the darkness from their eyes and there shall be no more sorrow, pain, nor hatred. And there shall be a new heaven and a new earth. And the former shall be passed away and there shall be no more sea …” From Revelations... Jesus says: "Have no fear, for I have overcome the world." We shall overcome. "For when two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them." says the Lord.

All praise and glory be with the Lord forever. May all creation glorify the Lord. For God created the world and the heavens and all that is in it and God pronounced: It is Good.

And by God’s grace, may all worthy souls have a room in one of God’s seven Heavens!
********By Steve Plonk, AKA Rev. A. D. Bea********** in the year of our Lord November 13, 2000. Submitted to LikKicks Action Poetry, Octoberfest, Oct. 22, 2005 and rejected. :o

EMPLOYED BY THE LORD, Unemployed Zombie, Part 2.

GREAT GOD, ruler of all the universes, hear the prayer of your poor servant and devotee who wishes to see the way of all life. Beginning from the font of the water of life, Lord, you guided our poor souls into the way of enlightenment and fulfillment. I welcome the beginning of a new life in your grace and as you see fit.

I renounce the evils of the flesh and will use all in moderation—or in abstinence, if needed. I am a good zombie for God. I was once dead sin and now I am alive with the Holy Spirit who has called me to minister to the lost of this earth. It is not “the found” who need to be ministered to. It is also “the lost”. For this purpose I am now “employed” as a “zombie” for the Lord. All praise be to God. Any good I will ever do will be in God’s service from now on.

ANYONE CAN MINISTER TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN FOUND. LOST PEOPLE REQUIRE A PATIENCE THAT ONLY COMES FROM BEING MADE RIGHT WITH GRACE FROM THE LORD OF HOSTS . I pray for strength to continue my ministry to anyone who would listen. I try to encourage the Lost to find themselves by serving others daily and relying on the grace of God. 8)

Aren’t we the supposed crown of creation on this particular world? Aren’t we fortunate to live in America the beautiful? Isn’t it a rainbow country and a rainbow world looked after by the Angels of God and protected from the demons of Satan and death? We, if we overcome, shall inherit a place in one of God’s seven heavens.

God counts upon us to get the message. To gain gracefully the perfect words and deeds necessary to become as good as we can and repent of our sins daily. Thusly, I am employed by the Lord and only by the Lord., who truly butters my bread of life and gives me water and wine that I should never thirst again.

Thing is, the regular Joe and Josephine don’t always see their sins. Sin is guilt come home to roost like a parrot, coining a phrase, clawing out your eyes and ears and tearing at the heart of your heart and the brain of your brain. If you feel guilty and don’t do anything about your so-called guilt, it eats at you like a cancer in your mind. Sin is the brain cancer of the soul. In order to overcome, you must accept your limitations and confess and ask God to be forgiven.

God is gracious. He will forgive 490 times. You don’t want to be one of those who committed 491 of the same sins. After we repent, God helps us clean up our mind and our actions. 8) All we have to do is ask the Savior to come in. No more spiritual hunger and thirst. For those things are over with. You will not gain one iota by holding on to the guilt of sin. You will die a thousand deaths. So the Lord said "Repent". :)

Only God’s grace can really ever save you and God gives you plenty of roads to choose from in order to fulfill your spiritual quest. We don’t all get there by the same prayer or by the same road. 8)

However, the same God, who knows our heart and loves us can see us through those dark hours before the dawn of our conversion. So hear this poor sinner and read these words. I am saved by the blood of the Lamb, The Savior, Christ, our Lord. Who is , was, and ever shall be GREAT.

** also by Steve Plonk, AKA Rev. A. D. Bea. September 10, 2001. (Then, the day after, the planes hit the towers in New York and the Pentagon in DC.) :cry: ...An acquaintance of mine dies in the Pentagon blast. Submitted to LitKicks, Oct. 22, 2005 and rejected. See above.

Steve Plonk

Re: Demonic Doodlebug Poems

Post by Steve Plonk » June 3rd, 2012, 8:44 pm

OPEN THE DOOR OF LIGHT: A CANTO

By Rev. A. D. Bea, aka Steve Plonk.

The Orion mist was made by
God who sustains the
Milky Way our galaxy—
Take me to the Door of Light—
I must become more alive
I must know how to search
I must find the tools to live abundantly
God will somehow see
Who I really can be
Will I ever transcend the darkness?
May You allow me just this favor?
To let my work show who I am…
Let me not be lost in my works
Sometimes one’s work becomes
Greater than oneself…
My works must only be my reflection—
But there is not one work that is
Greater than He who manifests--
No work can give but a glimmer
Of our mighty mystery God--
The God who is I AM/
Part 2
God who is forever present
God who forever was born
God who never shall die…
One In three & three in One…
Water of Life of the Cosmos,
Ether of the ethereal,
Spirit of the spirits—
Oh let me see visions—
Oh let me see revealings
Of the mysteries that await humankind—
Part 3
In the instant of awareness,
In the living of the occasion,
May I have the correct interpretation/
All I have inside is empty
Without Your hope & eternal love…
I can’t spring up my sorrow into joy &
Creation of my family in mind/
God of mystery,
O Great Savior,
Gracefully, take my fear in your hand &
Turn it into courage…
Take my weakness & mold it
Into strength to find a way
To be continually sanctified/
Open the Door of Light,
That “Golden Door” , &
Let my sore eyes see
“The taboric light” &
Hold the candle of the “holy fire”…

Circa 1978, Revised 1979, & June 2012.
From my “Magic Christian” period…
From my red notebook, “Strawberry Moss Outtakes, Vol. III, (1975-1979, Plus some 80s poems,
& sixties songs.

RonPrice

Post by RonPrice » June 17th, 2012, 7:29 pm

There, finally got to your column, Steve. I'll start by making some general comments since your column, like my own, is an extensive one. Firstly let me quote on the subject of "grace" something Annie Dillard(1945- ) once wrote: "At its best, the sensation of writing is that of any unmerited grace." When I first saw these of Dillard's words I did not know that she was an American author, best known for her narrative prose in both fiction and non-fiction. She has published works of poetry, essays, prose, and literary criticism, as well as two novels and one memoir. Her 1974 work Pilgrim at Tinker Creek won the 1974 Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction. Dillard taught for 21 years in the English department of Wesleyan University, in Middletown, Connecticut.

Good to know that your background is solidly and clearly that of Christianity. It helps to know where you are coming from. Still, we now live in an era of a 1000 Christianities. A person's writing gives some idea of how they see both their convictions and the traditional Christian message in one of its many forms. If you would like to engage in what you might like to call apologetics you might like to start at this post, this link I wrote some time ago: http://www.thinkers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3595 ....You and I have really just met and, if we live on this mortal coil for many more years, we might just have a useful discussion as the years go on.

As a final note I thought to myself, as I read your column, that the following words of Freud were appropriate: "The voice of reason is soft but insistent." (The Art of the Obvious, B. Bettleheim, et al., London, 1993, p.23.) You don't beat readers over the head with your views, your convictions and your approach to life. The older I get, I like the dialogue "softly, softly; gently, gently." This is not easy in our world, drowning as it is in convictions.

As W.B. Yeats wrote in his poem The Second Coming:

TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

-With thanks to Steve Plonk after reading one of the many sub-sections of his column----from Ron Price, Australia
married for 46 years, a teacher for 35, a writer and editor for 14 and a Baha'i for 54(as of 2013)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 17th, 2012, 9:08 pm

"You don't beat readers over the head with your views, your convictions and your approach to life. The older I get, I like the dialogue "softly, softly; gently, gently." This is not easy in our world, drowning as it is in convictions."
Ron, I wholly agree with your critique of my poems in this thread...

Each of us must reach out to G-d in our own way--which is an undercurrent
in all my works...We must coexist on this World, which we are stewards of...

As you probably noticed, "Demonic Doodlebug" is a whimsical poem, & the two treatises are supposed to be "tongue in cheeK'...If you noticed, the last poem, "Open the Door of Light..." is a departure from the two treatises: "Unemployed Zombie for the Lord..., Parts 1 & 2. "Open the Door..." embraces a concept of Greek & Russian Orthodox Christianity, not included in the Protestant faiths...In it, I admit being equivocal, and a doubter...I embrace
the mysteries of G-d. I became more "alive in Christ"...Narrow is the road...

I am a United Methodist, but have not attended regularly in the past five years.
There is still a one percent part of me that is equivocal...I have my times of
doubts... I hesitated for years to publish any of these treatises/poems for
fear someone would think I was some kind of self-appointed evangelist...

Hopefully, Ron, you didn't take it "with anything but a grain of salt", as I
said in my introduction, in qualifying the treatises. They were personal,
& not meant to be evangelical in any way...An Aunt & a friend had just died...
:D Thanks so much for reading these pieces... I was hoping more would look
at them at some time in the future...The future is upon us in the here & now... 8)

This particular group of verses helped me to increase "my faith" in Christianity:
From the Book of Acts, Chapter 17: See Verses--
22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship —and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[c]

RonPrice

Post by RonPrice » June 17th, 2012, 9:33 pm

As I see it, Steve, you and I have just begun a dialogue both at your column here at Studio 8, at my website, http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ and whenever we feel like communicating with each other. I agree with you: the road is narrow, but it is also long both in this world and the next, or so it seems to me. Few it seems are those who find it and, at least from my perspective, faith implies doubt; these two words/experiences are part of the same coin and no man knoweth what his own end shall be. So----we will see you later down the road of life: today, tomorrow, whenever and whatever, as they say these days.-Ron
married for 46 years, a teacher for 35, a writer and editor for 14 and a Baha'i for 54(as of 2013)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 17th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Ron, thanks for your prompt reply. :) I was pleasantly suprised :o ! I would
also like to continue dialog at any time you'd like. I am really amazed that
someone actually replied in "real time". This is the first time in a long while
that someone has... 8) Yours, in Peace, Steve Plonk.

Return to “Flying Horse Cafe”