text box 01024/05

Post by stilltrucking » January 24th, 2005, 4:59 am

Eating Ghosts
http://www.litkicks.com/BeatPages/messa ... &parent=-1

New York City seemed to be the only place in the world where you
http://www.litkicks.com/
'Silicon Alley'
before the stock craze of 1999, back before the stock crash of 200
, I kept thinking about how idealistic I'd once been about the literary possibilities of this new form of communication known as the internet, or the world wide web.
Literary? Hell, yeah. Back in 1995, I was positively starry-eyed about the creative and artistic potential of the internIt would be an over-simplification to say New York City was in charge of the literary side of the internet, but we really did seem to be at the time.et
Like a 14 year old Methodist. I suppose that is why I liked Summer Of The Mets so much, he was such a cool kid..

Herr Professor tell me about Neruda again, about Pound and the death of art, I promise this time I will take notes. About Auschwitz too. About Uncle Miltie's TV show. and Lenny Bruce and where all the TV sets were in the early fifties. Will it play in Peoria?.
New York City seemed to be the only place in the world where you could meet with the top technologists and the top media executives in the world ... in the same meeting. This was our claim to fame -- and this was what made Silicon Alley better than our namesake across the continent, Silicon Valley (yeah, there were a lot of East Coast/West Coast beefs).
. Okay, now you probably will just to spite me. Go right ahead.)
There have been wonderful moments, but we are still waiting for our Homer or our Shakespeare to show up. I'd like to know what you think: what is the potential of fiction and poetry on the web? And how far, or how close, are we now -- as a medium, as a society, as a world -- to realizing this potential?
ten four on homer, I never miss an episode of the Simpsons
I hardly understand her but Sherry Turkle at MIT is doing some interesting work on text based communities, I suppose the new literary sights will have a lot of multimedia possibilities for music film art it is going to be great, but for word freaks like me who know nothing but the solitude of silent words, litkicks will always be a dream, Osaka's Castle.
Thinking about Gilgamesh again and all the cuneiform tablets that have been found, ninety nine percent are commercial transactions, not unlike what the Net has become to day I been thinking about how many ghosts there are on the internet these days. Not litkicks, long live litkicks.

silicon holler
I remember I was always one step behind my techno-lust wet dreams, a 1200 baud modem when I needed a 2400 for compuserve, then I got a 2400 but it had leaped 9600, finally after diddling around with computers for ten years I got online in 1993, my idealism was knowledge, to be a scholar the ability to drop in at the Library of Congress, or better yet the one in London,
http://www.mallmarts.comthat is my ghost, I used to own it, was going to sell my life in a virtual yard sale. A.Y.S.S. amalgamated yard sale supplies, me and jitterbug were going to make gazillions.

still.trucking

Re: clipboard dec152022

Post by still.trucking » December 15th, 2022, 4:30 am

“That said, ‘The world of women doesn’t count. That women are outside of this game here, they can say what they want, but it’s of little importance, really,’” she said of Mr. Macron’s comments.

Class A driver needed for oil field vacuum truck operation, 168 hours a week paid over time, nice well maintained 2018 freightliner cascadia call me at...

"Amalgamated yard sale supplies"
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “Trailerpark”