I miss the side long glances

Hang out. Talk trash.
stilltrucking

I miss the side long glances

Post by stilltrucking » May 15th, 2010, 9:00 am

and cool look on her face as if she was doing some Female Trigonometry

The origins of the primate sex drive go back more than 60m years to the late Mesozoic era when the first primate evolved. A lot of sex has taken place since then, and a significant proportion has been motivated by female choice between rival males. Female primates can experience multiple orgasms, and it has been theorised that ancestral hominid females sought out males who would sexually satisfy them. Through the mechanism of sexual selection, this will have increased penis size and altered structure.

Today, the average erect gorilla penis is 3cm (1.25 inches) long, the average chimp or bonobo penis comes in at around 8cm and the average human penis stands at around 13cm. Most primates, including chimpanzees, have a penis bone and achieve erections through muscle contraction. The human penis has evolved the unusual system of vasocongestion to achieve erection, making the erect organ far more flexible than that of other primate species.

This unique adaptation is thought to have been selected through female mate choice, and by the time Homo erectus arrived on the scene, the hominid penis was significantly longer, fatter and more bendy than our ape cousins'. It has even been theorised that bipedalism evolved in humans to allow the fashionably new, larger, flexible penis to be displayed to discerning females.

Interestingly, while the human penis is the biggest of all the ape species in length and girth, both in absolute terms and as a proportion of body size, the human testes are not. As a proportion of overall body size, chimp and bonobo testes are twice as large as human testes, whereas gorilla testes are half the size. Why?

Correlations can be found between primate mating systems and male genital anatomy. In multi-male/multi-female groups, males must compete to reproduce and frequently the competition takes place inside the female reproductive tract. The more sperm a male produces and ejaculates inside a female the greater the probability that one of his will fertilise the ovum. Female chimps or bonobos in oestrus often mate with several different individuals, so males must reproductively compete in this way and larger testes will therefore confer greater reproductive fitness.

By contrast, female gorillas live in harems and don't often get a chance to exercise a choice between mates, though occasionally a female and a male from outside the group may risk it. The impressive 200kg (400lb) silverback gorilla does have the smallest penis and testes of all male apes, but his massive canines and biceps and his controlling, jealous temper allow him to intimidate and fight off potential competitors.

Human testis size indicates that males evolved under conditions in which their sperm competed inside females, but perhaps not to the same extent as chimp sperm. But the larger human penis suggests that hominids needed to keep females with choice sexually satisfied. Ancestral females would have experienced a sexual freedom denied in Western cultures today and it has been suggested that our ancestors went through a period of matriarchy and enhanced female choice.

When compared with patriarchal chimps, the matriarchal bonobo is a far more sex-oriented ape. Enthusiastic females initiate both hetero- and homosexual activity, particularly when aggression begins to surface, resulting in satisfied, contented and peaceful bonobos. Patriarchy, on the other hand, correlates with a lack of openly displayed female choice.

Women with choice are not all "obsessed with the size of a man's cock". Women are as aware as men that to build a stable relationship you need trust, shared interests and the ability to keep each other amused. But a woman is not going to "put the size of a man's cock right out of her mind", because she can't. Females have an evolved interest in the size of a man's penis, which has been sexually selected for its size and shape. But humans are also selected for creativity – we are highly innovative, imaginative apes. Accordingly, women's minds can be aroused by creativity and being sexually imaginative can be physically arousing, adding satisfying metaphorical inches to one's love life.

References
1) Dixson, A (2003) Sexual selection by cryptic female choice and the evolution of primate sexuality. Evolutionary Anthropology; 11 (S1): 195-199.
2) Diamond, M (1980) The biosocial evolution of human sexuality. Behavioral and Brain Sciences; 3: 184-186.
3) Sheets-Johnstone M. (1990) The Roots of Thinking. Temple University Press.
4) Harcourt, A, Gardiner, J (1994) Sexual selection and genital anatomy of male primates. Proceedings. Biological Sciences/The Royal Society; 255 (1342): 47-53.
5) de Waal, F B M (1995) Bonobo sex and society, the behavior of a close relative challenges assumptions about male supremacy in human evolution. Scientific American, March 1995, 82-88.

Penis size: an evolutionary perspective

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 15th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Couldn't have read a better article today.
Might be healthier to think of sex more often, I'm thinking.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2010, 1:15 am

Interesting article I thought.
I liked her sense of humor a lot.
She asked me if I wanted anything special I wasn't going to go there so I said lets just act naturally.

She was a good friend.
We were friends for about five years before we became lovers.
We probably should have stayed friends
and not lovers. She only slept with me because it was her way of thanking me for helping her out with a guy in a bar one night.
Our affair did not last that long and it was the end of our friendship. I am so got dam ridiculous.
I thought I was being funny when I said
"Thank you Jesus" after she told me I had hit a home run.
It had been years since I had my way with a woman and I was just trying to make a joke but
It spooked her out.
I guess I should have said
"Surrender Dorothy"

Nice thing about a platonic friendship is you can talk about anything.
Have your read Plato?

Have you ever seen this movie?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIRN43cVMHI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIRN43cVMHI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 4:09 am

I knew a guy for a while once that was my best friend. I knew him once, maybe twice and I don't know if I ever knew him.

We had this funny relation.
He'd lie to me and I'd tell him all my truths,
that's the luck of a dame.

Yes, liked that movie a lot.

Sorry to hear you lost a friend, lost a lover, lost her again as a friend, if that's what you're saying.

Friends being sometimes tough to find one that suits, hate to lose that.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2010, 5:58 am

So long ago it doesn't matter anymore. This was thirty years ago. So much for thinking about sex. I would rather think about something else now.
I am reading a good short story, I am just reading it in sips because I don't want it to end.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 11:10 am

Well, when women are never worth it.
More trouble than men.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2010, 1:08 pm

I don't have any regrets about women
well maybe only one
that I never had more trouble with them
such sweet trouble
I have only been in trouble seven times
all of them beautiful.

even an old fool like me can see you are trouble kiddo.
I am sorry that part of my life is over. But I am slowly getting over the getting over part.
after thirty years of no woman troubles.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 1:20 pm

What I mean to say is
I'm not the sort of trouble a man decidedly wants much of...
too much work, too much time to woo and amuse me, dreaded lady I am I can't settle but want what it is I want...

I'm like these long braids, many of them and a man has thick fingers
and less time. Not worth that sort of trouble. I know my worth
I'm worth it to myself, which is why I've gone to so much trouble to be finely independent
and capable, willing even.

If I have to then I'll always be lonely.

I'm funny today :P
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 1:33 pm

I wrote a poem on it once
on braids and mr. Belvadear.

I don't care if I'm not liked,
well I do, but just because I do doesn't mean I'm about to dislike myself with it, so I'll not be soft or endearing, nor will I be suitable.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2010, 2:07 pm

I am really becoming a fan of the chemical industry. I think it is going to be our salvation. Thousands and thousands of chemicals added to our biosphere. In our drinking water, gender bender chemicals, endocrine disruptors. They test them one at a time but not in the cocktails that become our drinking water the synergistic effect when you have seven or eight different chemical molecules interacting. The upshot is declining sperm counts, feminization of male aquatic animals. We are at the top of the food chain and that shit flows up stream. So hopefully human fertility will decline, and men will become more like women. We will spend more time braiding our hair and shopping for clothes and not making constant war on each other.

I think about those complex bodies of yours and how much time you spend taking care of them. I probably would too if I was a woman. we men think we are gods detached from our bodies. We have no cycles to deal with. We hardly ever go to doctors till we get old and frail. That was what Raymond Chandler called women in his novels, "Frails". I live in a senior housing complex. Ten of us old farts here, nine old women and one old man. Goes to show you who the weaker sex is.

Well that is my rant for today, my paranoid castration anxiety ramble.

meanwhile we will have three women on the supreme court. It gives me hope. Now if we had more female petroleum engineers I would feel like I was walking in tall cotton.

Yeah I misunderstood about the trouble. I think my fly must be open.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 2:27 pm

I'm sorry I'm being such a brat, I get so damned defensive. I never understand.

I don't want to get rid of men.
Men make life exceptionally interesting for me,
if not for men I'd be bored or sumpin'.
Last edited by SadLuckDame on May 16th, 2010, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Yeah I wonder about that. You must think I can read your mind or something. I am trying to think of the word. Ah...
I can't think of it
What I think is you say things for affect, or effect? have to check that I forget the difference.

I mean you like to make ripples. You like to amuse yourself.
by toying with me.

I aim to please, happy if I can amuse you.

I know you Hannah :P

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdb--NSa_kA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdb--NSa_kA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Sorry for the edit...
was just gonna move it to my diary cause it seemed so miserably whiny. Nothing attractive in that when I go that direction, as you know.

Here's the deleted. My apologies.

I miss my guy bud P, a friend of mine and he just let me know straight up that I was cool enough to him. Once in a while he did hate me, he'd ignore me for weeks, but then we'd make up and be buds again.

The thing with the other best friend was he got pissed and didn't accept me back, that being over a year ago. What an ego crusher. Kind of thought I was special to him, at least as his friend, because truly I'd wanted that. To find out I'm nobody special, not special...that is a hard pill to swallow. To be a no one.

I don't think you and I've had these big blow-ups yet.
Thanks for being friendly towards me.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2010, 3:08 pm

One thing in Alzheimers to look forward on
and I only just thought of it...
is that when I do get it someday
it might make me a more kinder, and gentler
creature, because I was a sweet-hearted child.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2010, 3:14 pm

I been reading the print out about Plath and Brautigan.
I can not tell you how many times I laid myself down to die.

I was having a problem a few years ago, mourning for myself

This poem by e_dog turned a light on for me
fear is good
if ya don't be
leave it.
don't lie
down there
over here
where the air
is cold.

your young
er soul