calling out truckin and joker

Hang out. Talk trash.
tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 13th, 2005, 11:24 pm

I don't know why those old news reels from world war one used to tear me up so bad. Hell I used to cry at the three stooges. I didn't know it was supposed to be funny when somebody hit you over the head with a sledge hammer. Did you watch much TV when you were growing up? Was it your baby sitter? Or did your parents try to control your access to it. I never saw TV until I was about twelve.

I been trying to read some some Chomsky. Just to see what was causing your tears.
COUNTER - REVOLUTIONARY VIOLENCE:
BLOODBATHS IN FACT AND PROPAGANDA
by

Noam Chomsky
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

http://mass-multi-media.com/CRV/
I found this one on the internet the whole text I think. So far I feel like saying, "So what else is new."

I wonder if I am weird or normal for old folks. I never get bored anymore. But I am a lot happier now that I have a motorcycle.
free rice

I used to be smart

K&D

Post by K&D » November 15th, 2005, 1:11 pm

man i thought i remembered posting a reply to this yesterday but i guess it didn't go through.

what the fuck did i say?

the thing about Noam Chomsky is that he bombards you with facts and information to prove his point, and mostly in some way or anthother his point is that the american government is skrewing people over, that and the media is there henchman. he's a really smart guy, really smart.

did you ask me somewhere on here about when i started watching T.V?" i was born in the 80's so that pretty much means i was watching T.V the second i was out of the womb, luckly i went through faces of childhood and teenagedom where i thouth T.V was a waist of time. in c ollege i rarely watch T.V, often i do watch quite a few movies.
Blah!

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 15th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Yesterday never happened.
A bunch of stuff is gone
No matter

I suppose if I had not met spiderwoman at that time when I had finally got enough sophormore credits after attending college on and off from 1959 thru 1972, If I had stayed I would have gone the route of a major in Cultural Anthropolgy and minor in Pyschology. Seemed like such a perfect fit.

Womb, that is what Culture is to me, a extro-biological womb we enter when we leave the biological womb. Encultruation is there any way to over come it. My room mates back then were seniror Pysch majors in the honors program, that was their holy grail, the un-mediated man.
that the american government is skrewing people over, that and the media is there henchman. he's a really smart guy, really smart.
Chomsky is a linguist I thought. Theorist on post modern linguistics?

I could google and pose but would rather not. Seems like intellectual masturbation.

That glass eye really has a hold on people.

I been trying to think of happy father daughter relationships. I bet LR'sdaughter is a lucky girl.

I remember Gloria Steinem talking about her father and Freida Hughes seems to have had a loving relationship with her father.

Baby Driver, the book by Jan Kerouac about her daddy was kind of sad. But I have heard they had a reconciliation later.

I been watching the Dylan documentary on tape. The bit where Mario Savio is harranging the students to throw themselves beneath the wheels of the machine.

I also thought the bit where Dylan had walked off twenty five flolk albums and the guy tracked him down and was swinging a bowling pin at him. Good story. Dylan kept his cool and kept saying interesting things and the guy would get interested and stop trying to hit him with the bowling pin.

got to get out side feeling claustrophobic as hell

thanks for keeping in touch
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 15th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Chomsky strongly disagrees with poststructuralist and postmodern criticisms of science:
I suppose I will have to google cause I seem to have him labeled wrong. I got a lot of homework to do.

Not sure if I am bored. Just don't want to do nothing but ride my bike today. Just went outside it is gorgeous. A cold front moving in. A change in the monotomous weather. Can't wait until I get my liscense. I have to keep the bike twenty miles away at my sisters house. If it was sitting outside I would be happier I think.

so anyway I will get back to you on the chomsky bit.

B F Skinner was all the rage when I was last in college. Freud was a dam good joke, only the people in the honors department spent much time talking about him. But more as a cultural anthropolgist then a clinician.

I think I have started to appreciate the joys of rewriting so hopefully my posts will make more sense in the near future.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 15th, 2005, 8:33 pm

This is 1972, Levi Straus and structrualism was very big too. So were the Red Guards and the Cultural Revolution in China. One room mate was very inspired by that. He fealt China was really doing something. Who knew about the 70 million people would die.

This was about the time I began to think about writting as a hobby, as something to do.

Why am I telling you all this boring shit? I guess I am thinking about Mario Savio.

On one of my last days of classes at College Park a group of women dressed in black robes marched the length of the mall carrying a huge paper mache penis, which the burned in front of the administration.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 16th, 2005, 1:56 pm

speaking of wombs, I think I had something pelvic posted here but it was lost on the studio eight day out. They say that having a baby is supposed to rewire a woman's brain somehow. I don't know if that is true. But sometimes when I am having a discussion with my baby sister she will say something that seems so off the subject that I think she did not understand me. But it turns out I did not understand, what seems so simple to me is so complicated to her. It usualy revolves around her son. Anyway I wonder what having a child does to a man's brain. For some men I suppose it is a wake up call, for a lot it is just a hassle. Not sure what this has to do with Savio and throwing oneself beneath the wheels and on the levers of the machine. I wonder what good came out of the FSM. Of all the people I knew from the anti war movement, the poly science students seemed the most full of them selves, full of shit, full of dreams of leading the masses. The most sincere were from the physics department, and the best to me were the returning veterans who were determined to stop the war.

I broke my phone today. I tried so hard for self control, I kept my voice level, I did not rant, I begged, she knows me pretty well I suppose she sensed my frustration. The bear is so depressed, for a man to lose his ability to make a living is a blow. Who planes on having a brain tumour. He has a shop full of tools but he can't seem to find anything to do with himself. He built a house for my sister with his own two hands. I mean he did it all by himself. She really is not that happy with it. She wants to sell it and build a new house. He is ten years younger than her but he is old beyond his time, no way he can build another house. I am not saying the bear is a nice guy, but he seemed a lot more mellow before he married my baby sister. She can just about get anything out of him that she wants. But she pays a hell of a price in self esteem. Oh shit sparky
just venting, did I tell you I smashed my phone today. It was either that or start getting pissed at her. No point.

Did you cry that day after the chomsky movie because you felt so powerless? I been reading some of his stuff about 9/11 makes sense. But I still think it was death lizards from outer space. You know who I like Mike Moore. He was on the Charlie ROse show, and Rose kept wagging his finger under Michaels nose evertime he made some statement about Bush and the stupidity of our government in the months up to 9/11. I wanted to cut his fuking finger off. Hard for Moore to get a word out. Seemed to me that Rose was just preening, being fair and balanced. Now I am watching Rose interview that Chalibi guy who spread so many rumours and lies about the WMD, Rose is much more respectfull and courteous than he was to moore. I don't expect you to read all this crap. Just jump in anywhere anytime.
free rice

I used to be smart

K&D

Post by K&D » November 16th, 2005, 8:33 pm

i read it all, man, i've been looking a long time for someone who writes and responds as much as i do in their letters. have you read any of Neal Cassady's to the rest of the beat generation, man, if we ever do meet, and i'm guessing that its only a matter of time, "spanky/KiDdo" is still kind of young and you know young people 1. don't have that much freedom 2. don't have that much money, if they had the freedom to use it as they wished and 3. are very busy, but when we do, i'm going to bring my Collected Cassady Letters, or course the easier thing might be for you to go out and buy them yourself, but i think it would be a great gift to give.

i showed my film in class today, we projected it cause i had to edit it on a flatbed. people laughed, more so during my film then anyone elses, i looked over at the teacher and he had the biggest grin on his face. so i think i'll get a good grade, not and A because the problem was it didn't follow linnearaly very well but see the thing with that is neither does my brain!

i'd like to write more, and respond more to your post but i got to work on some homework, finals are coming up for this semester.
Blah!

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 18th, 2005, 7:33 am

Maybe sometime you might come to Sanato to see your dad. We could all get together for coffee. One of these years I am hoping to take a motor cycle trip back east. Maybe another time I might be going west, I am telling you KD, i want to live another thirty years just to see what you are doing when you hit your fifties. When you are at the height of your powers.

good luck on finals.
free rice

I used to be smart

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » November 29th, 2005, 2:30 am

i wanna get high with both of youze in 2025
ain't no jive
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 29th, 2005, 2:52 am

2005 would be fine
but it would take a miracle or something like it, 70 million to one shot, all I got to do is win the lotto. Jitterbug used to laugh at me when I bought a lotto ticket. He said it was a lack of faith on my part.
till then cyber space works for me jimbo.
2006 maybe in the flesh? going east I hope. Motor cycle dreaming.

not to change the subject but have you heard anything about this.

I caught a sound byte today about the chairman of the house intelligence oversight committee plead guilty to bribery charges, took a couple million in free gifts from military contractors. Oh well, I hope it all comes crashing down pretty soon. I need to check it out, I think he was from California, but maybe I heard wrong.
Where is K&D i ain't seen her around lately, but maybe I ain't seen me around lately either.

I went to walmart tonight trying to buy a motor cycle helmet. Going on a hundred mile trip today with homeboy on his 150 mph ninja bike and the bear with his 1100 cc cruiser, me on a one cylender 250 cc motor cycle. Scared. My medicare don't kick in for two more weeks. Strang scene unfolded when I was leaving the store

Thinking about Norman James, black man I worked with out of the local 557 freight haulers union back in B'more. I thought of him tonight when I was being checked out at the exit door at Walmart, seemed as if I set off their inventory control system. While this big old texan he must have been about six two about eighty years old, he is going through my basket and studying my reciept when a well groomed (reminded of Norman James, he always looked so together, shine shoes, creased trousers, white turtle necked sweater) we this black man walks in and he has something to return all he needs is for the old boy to put a little pink sticker on his package so he can go to customer service. But the old boy is ignoring him. Finally I say listen I am retired this man just needs a sticker could you just hold a minute and take care of him. I say to the black dude "I am retired I ain't going nowhere." The black dude says I been working all day and I am tired (rosa parks said something like that too) For a minute it was like three buddhas standing there, we all wished eachother a good holiday. A random act of kindness. At first I thought the white guy at the door was an old racist, but I think he was just trying to do his job.

I saw Charlie Rose tonight he had on the soon to be ex govenor of Virginia Mark Warner. A dark horse for 2008. I like him better than what I have seen of the other potential candidates. Maybe Boxer.

dam I must be trying to type myself to sleep here.

good night amigo.
and amiga where ever you are.
free rice

I used to be smart

K&D

Post by K&D » November 29th, 2005, 1:27 pm

i went to Las Vegas to see my mother and my sister, see after my mothers parents died she bought Paul Mccartney tickets, death had reminded her that she should do something with her time other then work and that was one of the things she did after there death. so i carpooled with my friend Heather who's grandparents live in henderson, and we drove the 9 hour drive there. the drive was rather quite, i don't like to talk much when i'm driving, i much rather listen to music and observe the landscape.

Las Vegas sucks ass, too many people, too many fakenesses and way too much over consumerism. i got clausterphobic in the paris hotel lobby when we were trying to go to a resturant and i almost puked.

the most intresting event happened on the way back. i was being a good girl i swear, i was driving 80 the majority of the way there in a 75mph zone but there was theis one time i had the great idea to get in the far left lane and accelerate through all the traffic, i started going 90mph, and sure enough i got busted. the officer was very nice, not like the last one, but apparently i have commited a criminal driving offince in the state of arizona, and they want me to go to court there next month. the officer said there was a posibility for me to get off by going to driving school but i can't even call and find out about what i can do, seeing as how i'm going to be in N.C next month because i have to wait 7 days for them to file my ticket, so i'm kind of nervous.

seeing my sister was awesome though and i can't wait to go home. i only have two weeks before i go home. i cleaned my room last night so i'm all ready to go just got to take the finals and that sort of stuff.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 30th, 2005, 3:01 am

my mothers parents

i got clausterphobic

no decisions in the wind.
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5513

so i'm kind of nervous

Yeah me to KiDo. If you are going to drive in the show off lane you need a foot warmer.

Just working my way down the boards and was happy to see you back here. I never knew you had a sister. I thought you were an only child. Good to see jimboloco down here trashing around with us. He reminds me of an old high school friend of mine.

Claustrophobia not something I felt in LV,
i got clausterphobic in the paris hotel lobby when we were trying to go to a resturant and i almost puked.

Dam I don’t know why but that brings to mind “magical realism” are you sure it was claustrophobia? Being a good girl, well you know I want to smile when I hear you say that but

Not to change the subject but I always like a line from a trashy Travis McGee novel. A friend is some one who you can say any tom fool thing to and still be friends. I told jimbo to go shit in his hat one time and I forgot to use a winky I think. But anyway if you plan on living long enough to be a good old girl, how good are your tires/ you get a blow out at 90 and it sure sets up a wobble.

Check out those pre paid legal deals at a truck stop. I think you better get a lawyer they hire you one in Colorado, a lot of those out of state tickets are just a dog and pony show unless you got a CDL, then it becomes a federal offense. Are you driving home, I mean are you flying low or high?

happy landings.
free rice

I used to be smart

K&D

Post by K&D » November 30th, 2005, 1:34 pm

no i was good in las vegas. sort of by accident...this is really going to make you laugh, before i left i thought hey, i'll just put some vodka in orange juice before i leave for my sister and i latter, and i got some orange juice i thought was pack full of preservatives that wouldn't go bad, i put it in a small cooler i had already mixed with vodka. it made it there alright but i forgot that we wouldn't have time together for a while without my mom being around, so i ended up not drinking it and transporting it back, and now its all gone bad.

i never actually planned on drinking it myself, was going to give it to my sister, it was only a little bit anyways.

can you imagine having to tell the officer that you were coming back from Las Vegas. i did explain that we were seing our parent and grandparents their.

i'm flying home. thankgod, see heres the thing jack, i think that they need to be just a little bit more easy on me, i mean i won't do it again, jez it scared the hell out of me, that enough is to keep me from doing it again, some fine or going through definisive driving school isn't going to change that, its always the fear of getting pulled over....proscriptive laws are stupid, i should tell the judge that, go on a rant about how the way societies laws work are not benifiticial, that the only motive they give me for not going 90 is that i could get a fine or whatever.

i'm not going to need to hire a lawyer, don't say things like that, they will probably just make me come back after break and take definisve driving here in New Mexico.
Blah!

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 1st, 2005, 11:32 am

Fangio

http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/fangio_bio.htm

Ascari

http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/ascari_bio.htm

Stirling Moss

http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/moss_bio.htm

I can’t tell you how much driving means to me. My hero Moss told the story of Fangio throwing up before every race because he was so nauseous with fear. But he always got into that coffin and drove.

http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/drv-vonwol.html

Wolfgang Von Trips was fearless, he would come through the turns sideways, ass backwards, he never backed off. It was hammer down all the way. I cannot believe some the stupid things I used to do in my twenties. I had a Porsche 356A cabriolet; I loved to slide through turns. Trucking was as close to Grand Prix driving as I ever got. Kerouac could not drive, but he sure could type. Happy landings and I do sincerely apologize for preaching at you again. Believe me I was a terrible driver in my twenties. But I have used up my beginners luck and try to be more of a Zen driver in my old age. I got my license at seventeen and lost it three weeks. I used to go around the traffic circles in DC on two wheels, no ship. Do you check the air pressure in your tires, how is the tread? You did not make me laugh with the “being a good girl” it was more of a big smile. I would love to see you as a good OLD girl some day.

Happy landings. I was glad to hear you have a sibling. I learned friendship from my siblings. Ten four on the defensive driving course. They got these pre-paid legal services you can find brochures at a truck stop. They count on out of state drivers not appearing for court dates. Usually you can make arrangements for the classes and the ticket never shows up in your home state.

What I practice now is the art of Zen driving. It is all about controling the space around me on the highway. Flowing with the traffic and courtesy sounds boring but it ain't. Almost an omnipotent feeling the effect you can have on those idiots.
free rice

I used to be smart

K&D

Post by K&D » December 1st, 2005, 1:35 pm

checked the tire gage before i left Las Vegas, i know that the front right tire is brand new due to the fact that a month or so ago i had someone patch it because it had a leak, the other tires aren't bald or anything i can't remember how not bald they are though.

i'll call on friday get this thing all figured out, i'll take definsive driving school over a criminal ticket anyday.

me and my sister are the closest, probably there are two major contributing factors 1. living in paris surrounded by kids who either lived on the other side of town or spoke french 2. certainly our parents fucked up relationship caused us to bond more, also i find that we seem to be uniquely different from our parents, though in general my sister is more like my mother and i am more like my father, my sister is a spitting image of my mother now that she's gotten older, its pretty strange to see them walking down the street together.
Blah!

Return to “Trailerpark”