Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » January 31st, 2009, 7:31 pm

it's obvious that I need discipline
could we start with spankings?
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

K&D

Post by K&D » January 31st, 2009, 11:48 pm

i quess your wondering why I haven't jumped in yet.

well i will tell you. I was on a film set today, the only girl- minus the hair and makeup crew.

As you can imagine for many reasons I can speak to this and as usual i'm with the ladies.

I was on a set of a movie about men, for men made by men- except for me of course.

and since sweetwater is no longer with us i'll also have to add that you can't easily be a man and be post-feminist.

i know you can't really be serious and yet i see dors point.

its easy for people like us, philosophizers, poets, artist to put things into one or the other categorieze cause that can be romantizied, evaluated more easily understood in narrative form...but it doesn't make it true.

even if you say gender develops because we are raised by people raised under the notion of gender- shit happends. Look at me and my family, i live with women, a mother and a sister- when something needs to be done we don't have a man to convincently shove the role on, or to take that roleaway from us..etc etc etc

yeah going to work making a cop film about the main character who mearly sleeps with women, all the other roles are male, and working on a set with only men...i don't know, its not something i loath, i just see room for change. [/b][/i]
Blah!

K&D

Post by K&D » January 31st, 2009, 11:54 pm

also its interesting looking at this convo in the context of some of your more recent poems L-rod.

I've been thinking about them a lot lately, the subject matter- hookers and whos best in bed little rythms. its off putting to me, not to say you don't have a right to write them, so much as to say i don't understand where they come from.

which is interesting because i too love women, but i've trulley never been able to seperate their bodies from themselves---i mean i do it to myself all the time but not to other women-not the ones i'm intimate with anyways.

i'm not critizing just bringing up something i've thought about. our poems about women are quite different. or at least of late. some of your pems make me as a women feel like an object, which is what's scary to me.

its not to say i'm some sort of stone butch top lesbian who's afraid of succombing to someone else's power- shit i love that! its more i feel theres a disconnect that i'm faceless and the fact that i'm faceless is being romanticied in song is even worse to me.

but maybe i miss the irony?
Blah!

Return to “Poetry”