Mere Anarchy

Post your poetry, any style.
Nazz

Post by Nazz » September 29th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Control of my TV set was returned back to me, after a mangled Yeats-speak mumbling of mine-- though no doubt that was a meta-forical TV, done up faux retro channel promo style. I'm corn-fused. But then, I've never seriously tried to deny my overall corn-fusion..

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » September 30th, 2009, 12:33 am

Poets are nice guys
I am hell of a nice guy
How come I can't write poetry?

No no, it was about me
It is always about me.
Everything is about me
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

revolutionrabbit

Post by revolutionrabbit » September 30th, 2009, 12:41 am

the phrase..."Control of your TV set"...was, you know, from the sci fi TV show called Outer Limits, that actually was a rather intelligent, show for the times, it followed on the heels of the Twilight Zone.A lot of the sci fi that came out of the 50's and then the 60's was intentionally done to make the Whole UFO's thing look ridiculous, where as The Day the Earth Stood Still, which is been done in a rather crappy remake, was actually a positive message, except now the military industrial( media pharma) complex, that Ike warned us against, is just as hell bent as ever, on Controlling your TV set.

as an aside, i don't think that with the beginning of TV, other then Percy Dovetonsils played by Ernie Kovacs, that there was any real attempt to make poetry look cool, from the 50's on.Thus, unless people are exposed to poetry from a family member or friend, then most people still see it as,
like the stuff in a Hallmark card.

obviously a lot of people write poetry that is a notch above Hall mark cards, mentality, and a lot notches above it, and classic poetry or romantic revolution poetry is, well, its not like the sugary sentiments of a Birthday card, say, but, anyway, best leave this conversation for now.As i might suddenly become possessed, and begin channeling Percy Dovetonsils, or the church lady even.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 30th, 2009, 12:53 am

Dear Craig aka rabbit -

was hoping to jam with you... just wrote some dynamite poetry in response to yours!

oh well

i'll just keep writing

jam with me if you want.. i love to jam.. i'm a POET... not a "poetESS" or a "poetRESS" or any other demeaning term

thanks for your time

your friend,
Doreen Peri

Return to “Poetry”