My computer and three beer cans have a few words to say

Post your poetry, any style.
neologistic
Site Tech Support

My computer and three beer cans have a few words to say

Post by neologistic » March 4th, 2013, 12:54 am

I have hooked up three beer cans, my computer, and a MaKey MaKey. All gigglewatts aside, they got together and decided they had something completely irrelevant to say.

From the Wikipedia entries on "artificial intelligence," "random," and "Christie Island." The latter was selected by one of the beer cans, the number of lines selected by the second beer can, and the following Dadaist text from all three Wikipedia articles generated by the third:

nature a told out General
and the and Power in The the
specific allocation out incidents they
for provides diversity is and subgroup. Contents by
the University's covered off 1
a emphasized angels for the The Electric

Help us all, the robots have gone mad..

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: My computer and three beer cans have a few words to say

Post by Doreen Peri » March 4th, 2013, 2:21 pm

That is probably the coolest video I've seen in a very long time... or ever!

Help us all, the robots have gone mad..
Mwahahahahaha! I have to try this! I need to get this!

You got that dadaist text from it with your beer cans? hahahaha! Gotta love it!

:mrgreen:

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » March 4th, 2013, 2:28 pm

One thing I'm looking at ordering is a flexible pressure sensor sticker. If I get a pack of those, I can set up a banana piano that plays differently depending on how hard you squeeze it. Banana pudding has never been so musical. In fact, I might create "Banana Pudding: The Musical."

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » March 4th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:You got that dadaist text from it with your beer cans? hahahaha! Gotta love it!
We've all known for some time that one of the biggest true culprits of poetry created throughout time has been sheer inebriation. I figured, why not cut out the middleman and just let the beer do the talking. That way, I could focus on more important items at hand. Such as drinking the beer.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 4th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Ha Ha Ha - o i'm loving this shit - BOOM! Ha - Da-da Ra-da sympatico! and Mad Robots too !

O Radjay my Umlay ! TOO MUCH MINUS NOTHING ! YEAH!

Thx neo !
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 5th, 2013, 3:55 pm

neologistic wrote:One thing I'm looking at ordering is a flexible pressure sensor sticker. If I get a pack of those, I can set up a banana piano that plays differently depending on how hard you squeeze it. Banana pudding has never been so musical. In fact, I might create "Banana Pudding: The Musical."
A Banana Piana. ;) (it's a poem)

And the MUSICAL... can't wait! :arrow: :mrgreen:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 5th, 2013, 9:04 pm

makey makey
oh pleeeeeeeeze
make me a poem
to change the world

cool video make a cool tool for a child to play

dig this thread thanks neo 8)

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » March 5th, 2013, 10:26 pm

The cool thing about MM is that a group of MIT students at the MIT Media Lab started it up and they made both the firmware sketch and the hardware completely open source. There are actually plans online to create your own MM from scratch without buying their microcontroller, so that makes it much more MaKey MaKey (CC-BY 3.0) than (TM).

It's great as a learning platform for kids and even includes output to peripherals and etc. Without anything else than my MaKey MaKey and three beer cans, instead of a Dadaist poem I could control a servo motor.

It's good for prototyping, learning electronics, being extremely lazy, etc. I'm having a blast, but I'm also getting into Arduino and other open source microcontrollers. I just attended an Arduino class tonight at my makerspace (http://www.knoxmakers.org) where I learned how to play with controlling LEDs by uploading code to an Arduino. I was then able to upload a program to an Arduino connected to an LED that blinked "hello world" in Morse code.

It's really fun, but more to the point this IS earth-changing technology. Free for exploration, screw the proprietary BS, upload your code and go.

My largest volume of bucket list items include inventing new musical instruments. I'll try to keep s8'ers updated as that progresses.

Just a note, this Dadaist poem was simply for fun. In no way do I seriously advocate automated poetry as a real soulful art form. Unless we just get AI to the point that we can't tell the difference. Then again, all that's depending on who gets what out of something. But yeah, this was just for fun. Thanks for reading.

Return to “Poetry”