how adultery fixed rita hayworth

Post your poetry, any style.
jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 7th, 2005, 10:38 am

Monday morning with the day off after working the weekend.
My first read attempt was Friday eve and I was stoned and drunk and tired and could not get through it. Saturday eve after work, a 13 hour day, I checked back in and saw your comment to Still Trucking
frankly, st, i dont owe you shit
I thought this must be some kind of tortured genious.
(ST is my friend and I was offended.)

I worked long yesterday as well and now, awake and rested and no pot for 2 to 3 days, I found your story.

What I did was to copy and paste it into my word pad and to embolden the letters, leaving them all low case like you typed it.

I was then able to read it easily and I liked the low case letters as it made the tone sound low key to me, like Jack Webb's narrating on "Dragnet". The imagery itself was compelling and came through with varying intensities. It became high key enough and very much so, contrasting with the low key low case painting, so iI liked seeing-reading it that way.

I read it through completely and was fascinated.

You don't owe me shit? :roll:
I don't think so.

You put your story here. Praise, acclaim, lauding, loathing, allthe same, so's they say.

But I choose to praise you and state my amazement.
Furthermore, the story itself made me a happier person.

What else could you ask for? Happier in the sense that I know that creative sincerity is afloat and the possibilities are enormous.

It gives me hope. As for your dithering in ungraciousness, most unbecoming for one so gifted.

I am gonna forward this to BeatVibe from LitKicks.
He uses technology in his fantasies. You might find a plumb line partner.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

mindbum

Post by mindbum » February 7th, 2005, 1:57 pm

hey jimbo-

i barely know ST, though he ws the first person to respond to something i posted here. he's a fine guy by my book. he always gives me this line about owing him nothing b.c i always say thank you. so it wasnt dithering ungraciousness but, simply, play.

i'm grateful for every bit of wording and reading in response to what i do. be it naughty or nice.

so i doubly thank you for returning and reading the story even when you thought i was gonna get ST with a floor polisher when he werent lookin.

the best compliment a guy could receive: "Furthermore, the story itself made me a happier person."

thank you sire.

Doreen-
thank you for the work you did in capitalizing and layout. i've yet to cut and past it and do the compare and edit and thought but i see parts i agree with and parts i disagree. just what i expected to see. it's nice to get this sort of response. i've been wrapped up in the excitingly ridiculous world of polar bears where they dont belong. once that's typed up and i finish it i'll be back into massaging rita's flippers.

as far as the basics of caps in prose: when i post whatever on litklicks they capitalize my ass. i've even gotten an editor's note to capitalize. uhhh.... too much instant messenger and pot and typewriter action to remember to capitalize. when i make a more complete edit of something prose that exceeds a page or two i'd likely capitalize. (even if i prefer none for my own aesthetic or lazy)

i'm most happy to be able to throw my roughs down here like a gauntlet before a lord and have it picked up and sniffed and fondled and handed back without a slap across the face. i like to build things semi-interactively. and i'm definitely hoping you or whoever is gonna laugh.

mousey- you are yet unthanked. so the thanking descends upon you and shall cleanse you of all thanklessness.

peace
abum
godless & songless, western man dances with the stuffed gorilla through all the blind alleys of a dead-end world.

-maxwell bodenheim

Return to “Poetry”