Not the regular Saturday Part ll

Post your poetry, any style.
mudshark

Not the regular Saturday Part ll

Post by mudshark » March 14th, 2009, 9:06 pm

When the hand narrowed in to a stop, I removed my hand of his head. Stretched my arm out, and grabbed the book of witch his index finger suggested. “ The marvels of Mallorca”.
It didn’t count. We agreed on that. We where there 2 years ago.
- Not that it wasn’t cool. He said
- I know! I said. Its nice to get around.
- It was a cool trip.
- Tell me about it.
- I do it one more time then?
- I'm down.

We looked at each other with a relived smile, and sighed.
We both remembered that fucking dump.

Just kidding.

So we gave it another shot. Same routine. Finger stopped. I fetched another book.
This time it was the name of the country that flashed itself so seducingly in forth our eyes.
The kid said: yeahssss!
The Father: Mothafucker…

It all flew above me. Over my head. The moors. The wind. And the whisky. The story of the clans. Isle of Skye. Haggis on the Mcleods Table. Getting kilts. Heather on the rise on a mountain field, look at the stars see how you steel away to banish sorrow…
- finally get to see the monster, The Kid said.
i looked down. we where gonna find Nessie.
- lets go see about this, Mutha… thing! I said.

Outside the travel agency. I sat down on my knees. It was really no need, all the time the kid was breast high. But it showed him I meant serious about the shit. I can be pretty hard to interpret at times. And he has a hard time cutting through pale black sarcasm. I pointed a finger at myself.
- now you listen. I said.
He was confused.
- I do the talking. I might get the price down. You with me?
- ok.
We stepped in.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 15th, 2009, 12:55 am

cool...

keep on, lasse...

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » March 15th, 2009, 2:56 pm

more!!!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 16th, 2009, 2:38 pm

I remember a similar scene in Heart of Darkness, but the searching was not holiday-oriented! :lol:

saw

Post by saw » March 17th, 2009, 8:22 pm

I was just doing that and my finger landed on Trondheim, I'll be there in July...looking forward to it.....flying into Amsterdam, then off to Oslo then to our meeting place....how is July ?........Steve
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mudshark

Post by mudshark » March 18th, 2009, 2:01 pm

no shit, saw! trondheim is a very different town from Moss.
-they got a hell of a fotball team. fuckn hate them.
- they got a great deal of rockn roll up there. nice bands
- nice music scene, anyway. got the clubs and all...
- oh, and the students. real underground-artistic-like.
- they speak like i do when im realy packed.
- shitty weather
- extraordinary church!
- coffe and moonshine. (96%)
- fucking drunkards.

thats it for them.
about 170.000.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trondheim

cool choice.
you going from the states?

saw

Post by saw » March 18th, 2009, 6:36 pm

thanx for the insider info mud, yes, I will be leaving from my home town, Baltimore, Maryland.....In 1997 we had a 17 year old boy from Trondheim spend a year with us, went to high school, even graduated with his American classmates, and he will be getting married in July...
He has graduated from college now and is working as a journalist on for a Trondheim newspaper.....his father is deceased, but his mother came to visit us, and he and his fiance' were here 2 years ago...this will be my first trip to Norway.....Skoal !

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » March 19th, 2009, 1:32 pm

trondheim.
been there once (hell, twenty years ago!)

all i remember of it is a motocross hill right outside of the city. it was the only place we found when we arrived late in the evening where we could roll out our sleeping bags and still be close to the city center. it was june, and the night was very cold and very light. i remember endless sleeping bag talks, wondrously twisted philosophizings about words and worlds and wonders... i remember the cold and the scent of grass, and the tiredness of my eyes and how the sun dipped below the horizon shortly before midnight, leaving a glowing red sky for maybe half an hour, the rose again, and we were freezing and talking and happy, and the light was as endless as time seemed to be.

the morocross bikes came early next morning. we convolved our sleeping bags and went into the city. i think it was nice there, though i only remember the overall impression of colour: a friendly gray (but maybe that was just in contrast to all the snow we had just come from in dovrefjell and femundsmarka). i think we ate fish. but maybe that was in bergen....

yeah. trondheim.

saw

Post by saw » March 24th, 2009, 5:59 am

hi panta, i hope to be in the Black Forest, as well this summer, have friends near Frankfort and Munich......I was at the friends home near Frankfort, three years ago, but only traveled north to hang out at a lake north of Berlin.... also went to Mainz and Dresden ...what would recommend as must-see locations ?.......thanx, steve

Return to “Poetry”