Fox Buddha

Post your poetry, any style.
bennie2

Fox Buddha

Post by bennie2 » March 12th, 2010, 5:29 pm

I saw a fox on the scar tissue train tracks of dusk. He was scratching his ear with his paw and looked happy.

Smiling, I looked at the sky, which was amber and turquoise and beginning to fold into origami night

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 12th, 2010, 7:38 pm

damn good short story, Bennie... has a haiku essence within the moment of observation that kick starts imagination.

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » March 12th, 2010, 7:54 pm

thanks, cec'

saw a wee fox the other day. skinny and oil stained (or black marked from birth). he was sitting by the side of the tracks amongst rocks and miserable trees and discarded junk from families over grown the need of plastic trucks and dolls and trikes. he was clawing at his ear like a dog scratching and looked like such a happy picture. satisfied amongst the mess. it made me happy by proxy! It made me think: nothing like a good scratch; nothing like a little thing to make the world seem significant!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 12th, 2010, 8:02 pm

add to that your ability to see past all that junk, the rocks and miserable trees and see something significant... significant enough to write about. write on, rascal scot! ;)

how's the guitar coming along..?

Stinkyfinger

Post by Stinkyfinger » March 12th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Beautiful! To say so much in such few words is something I'm unable to do. I wish I could, and am glad you can

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » March 13th, 2010, 6:07 am

I responded to this last night. huh. my comment fell off the internet!

still playing, cecil. still get that wee buzz when I learn a new song but it'll always just be within the confines of my own home. I enjoy playing but mostly it's just for me.

thanks for the words. you too, stickyfinger. I read your XXX erotitry and had a mental masturbation session ;)

SmileGRL

Post by SmileGRL » March 29th, 2010, 6:33 pm

the fox was cute and happy, but the amber and turquoise origami night made me a little jealous...that i didn't write it...and that i wasn't there. short & sweet, mr. red pants :wink:

bennie2

Post by bennie2 » April 21st, 2010, 6:14 pm

sorry for late reply, MJ. I've read a lot of your recent posts and they all made me feel inadequate. for... whatever reason. you're a very honest writer. I like that.

SmileGRL

Post by SmileGRL » May 11th, 2010, 3:43 pm

no apologies, bennie. life is life.

funny, i feel the same about your writing... :P

Return to “Poetry”