for/from Kailashana, a ghazal

Post your poetry, any style.
joel

for/from Kailashana, a ghazal

Post by joel » September 27th, 2011, 11:32 am

From Kailashana:
When you come, come empty-handed, my Beloved, return to me
nothing but your presence. Nothing but your love.

If you would come, Beloved, come to me with empty hands & give me nothing but your love.
I need your presence more than tangibility, for what is safety?—nothing but your love.

Return to me and change your mind and let our past be gorgeous, purely good and mutual.
A time for every purpose under heaven; nothing, though, is timely—nothing but your love.

With Eden traded for the universe-at-large, a glass of gin evokes true junipers.
An extract is a poor excuse; a substitute for truth is truly nothing—but you're Love.

I wait for you—for you to move, for you to come adore me; maybe I should move to you.
My failures prove that I am nothing—you admit it too: I'm simply nothing but your love.

I long to be a testiment that you'll be loved as you have loved me; I am not enough.
My love is yours; this love that I return to you will be precisely nothing but your love.

"Every genuinely religious person is a heretic, and therefore a revolutionary" -- GBShaw

Kailashana

Re: for/from Kailashana, a ghazal

Post by Kailashana » September 27th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Rumi ~

Where everything is music ~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=]eVAjHxWh7vU&feature=related[/youtube]

Say I am you ~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVBGv2h ... re=related[/youtube]

Poetsden

Re: for/from Kailashana, a ghazal

Post by Poetsden » November 11th, 2011, 4:19 am

Love this piece. I am a Rumi fan and love all of his work. Inspired by his writings, I have a forth coming book of quatrains, "Contemplation in the High Desert (Quatrains inspired by the Poetry of Rumi)...four line verses that I generally write when reading Rumi.

Return to “Poetry”