as we held eachother in pain
this is just what we are given
let us hope
and never forget
There is no empty space

stilltrucking

Re: xmaswarisover

Post by stilltrucking » February 8th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Never celebrated Christmas till I became an over the road truck driver. After that I tried my best to celebrate Christmas on the road. The company would ask for volunteers for those loads that would keep a driver three thousand miles from home on Christmas day. I used tell the boss I volunteered so that drivers with children could be home for Christmas. That was my altruistic reason. In truth I was greedy for the sweet solitude of trucking on Christmas morning, I had the road to myself, even the C.B. radio was silent! Just me and the sound and the road and the view from windshield of star ship eighteen wheeler, a serene scene, as if I was intersecting the universe across all its spectrum, everything was passing through me, one with the road, my brain intersected by the horizontal plane of the the space time continuum :? I knew where I was, must have been something like a trucker's satori
I think?

sorry for the ramble :oops: I did have a point about memory, poetry is the best memory. that is why we have poetry so we never forget :!:

thanks for writing the poem
it was inspiring 8)

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » February 8th, 2014, 2:51 pm

was going a long just fine- and i just said 'whatever'
then this snow hit-and i got that feeling again-
but i dont think this poem is about xmas at all-
competition and loss- coming together over the game
i guess it is best- that
the snow angels came- and busted up that crazy energy that was floating around before-
huh?
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » February 8th, 2014, 8:24 pm

the snow angels came- and busted up that crazy energy that was floating around before-
huh?

:? did I tag another poem with some idiosyncratic off topic literal reading of it?. Sorry. For some reason I thought the poem was about women and their sons.
which is kind of like what Xmas is about too come to think of it.

But I now I think your take on it is closer to it. 8)

son of the son please pardon the multiple replies, I don't know for sure what your poem was about, I just went with the spontaneous flow of thoughts I got from a first reading of it. I would not have replied to it if I did not think it was a very nice poem indeed. thank you for writing
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » February 8th, 2014, 9:25 pm

triggers- when i hear this i see that
i cannot stand tv music-
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » February 8th, 2014, 9:47 pm

I guess I am trigger happy cause I don't have a clue. :P :mrgreen:
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

sonofthesun

Post by sonofthesun » February 9th, 2014, 3:58 am

Still trucking no need to apologize, I ama shithead that takes and almost never gives on here. But internally, ywithin my mind I go over responses and appreciate them 100 percent. Creativesoul was right, it just happened to be on christmas when I was 17. I asked my mom why people can be so shitty, or something to that effect, and she said"i don't know", and we cried togther. I was listening to john lennon merryxmas/warisover. I played the song and cried as I wrote this.
There is no empty space

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » February 9th, 2014, 4:43 am

You give plenty 8)
thanks for being here and posting your poetry

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » February 9th, 2014, 12:21 pm

8) i do not know what you define as giving- but i know- that you are and gave given of yourself- not to be confused with sainthood- gotta get out of this snow soon-- kauai anyone? 8)

Return to “Poetry”