Losing my religion (the death of action poetry)

Post your poetry, any style.
zero_hero

Re: Losing my religion (the death of action poetry)

Post by zero_hero » April 22nd, 2014, 12:48 pm

I was a registered sex offender on litkicks. :( You are talking to man with an eidetic image in his brain of holding his mother's throat in his hands and feeling the blood throbbing in her arteries,
never for get the expression on her face, not one of fear, it was sorrow. Stopped me dead in my tracks my rage passed in an instant.

i am not a nice guy
i pretend
I always thought brooklyn was a nice guy
I wanted to be a cool cat too

but I had so much sexual karma in my writing and it offended his girlfriend
I regret my stupidity, or maybe it is autism.

I wish I had been more conscious at the time, but I was still an ignorant child, a better friend to him i wish i been

Lord knows he had his enemies, I wish him well, I am better man for that Liktkicks flame board, my Zen board where my old self was burned away and now I hardly know myself anymore because of the studio eight diet.

go, just a jam
dont mean nuttin
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

mnaz

Post by mnaz » April 22nd, 2014, 1:42 pm

litkicks was the shit. when I stumbled onto it in 2003 I couldn't believe my eyes, and it took me all of a hundredth of a second to decide to join and start posting, even though I had little background with "beat" culture back then.

you could see it in the shape of the threads alone ... branching out like starbursts in all directions ...

yeah, that was a great moment, those days ...
Last edited by mnaz on April 22nd, 2014, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 22nd, 2014, 2:23 pm

mnaz wrote:litkicks was the shit. when I stumbled onto it in 2003 I couldn't believe my eyes, and it took me all of a hundredth of a second to decide to join and start posting, even though I had no background at all with "beat" culture to that point.

you could see it in the shape of the threads alone ... branching out like starbursts in all directions ...

yeah, that was a great moment, those days ...
YES! Exactly! I was fabulous! I jumped right in, too.... DIVED in, head first, and loved the swim. I was totally addicted to it. It inspired me to no end. Just thinking about it inspires me to this day. I wish it could have lasted forever.... The memories will, though, as well as the writing. It was absolutely the best community writing site I've ever had the honor to participate in. What a glorious MOMENT!

Lostwire

Post by Lostwire » April 22nd, 2014, 4:03 pm

Just a little sample from way back.....those threads and the way they were presented made for some interesting action :D
Attachments
image.jpg
Jam on me!!!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 22nd, 2014, 4:19 pm

That thread is pretty linear
I liked the curvy ones
I wish I could find it but I never will
a thread that wound its way down the page like a thread of DNA
it would curve way off to the right and that curve back to the left so you had to sideways scroll and scroll down

I remember the thread started like "I been thinking..." and then someone replied, "I been drinking..." and it spiraled its way down the page like a double helix. Anybody remember that one?

Lostwire

Post by Lostwire » April 22nd, 2014, 7:31 pm

I remember em runnin
all kinds a waze
Especially down
Cyber slide
Words for the wise
Moving words
Groovin words
Umpteen sky words
Like they was dancin
Words the main ingredient
With this then new cyber twang
U had to be in the know
Some jumped in
more were probably
Flies on the wall
Whisper in the hole
Call it eternity
Right in that little crack
Where the mourning dove
lays her eggs
Jam on me!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 22nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

It was the same way at The Scroll, my very first stomping grounds on the internet. I loved that place! Open-threaded software that showed the links the exact same way, winding down the page. We did a few joint Word Jams with them and Thom (the owner) then archived the whole place, shutting it down for posts, but keeping all the posts available to read. I spent 1998-2001 on that site before I found Litkicks. A different experience, for sure, but still I loved it and it had the cool open-threaded software. I asked my son if we could get that type of software for our forums here but he told me it was pretty much unavailable unless custom-coded back in 2004. People changed to closed-threaded linear software like this because of bandwidth or something, he said. Took longer and more bandwidth for a page to load when all of the posts were visible like that. Too bad. I don't like change sometimes. I just checked and the Scroll is totally gone now, the domain name bought up by some Christian store when it used to be a poetry site. Oh well. It was nice of Thom to host our Word Jams a few times as well as keep the site up and running for so long. Similarly, it was nice of Levi to keep the spontaneous writing boards up for so long. I guess everything has to change. Speaking of which... I think I better go change my socks. I've been wearing the same socks for 3 days. Ugh.

Lostwire

Post by Lostwire » April 22nd, 2014, 8:09 pm

:D forever socks
Right socks rule
I seem to vaguely remember scroll
Funny how it all turned into facebook :lol:
Jam on me!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 22nd, 2014, 8:27 pm

Yeah, you were there for a couple of the jams we had there. Change sucks sometimes. I miss a lot of things and a lot of people. Many have either moved away or died and I often think of the people who died as if they just moved away and that makes it easier to handle for me. As for socks, my daughter wears a different color on each foot and has been doing that since she was in elementary school. It's her style! Maybe they're all right socks? I don't know. I'll have to ask her. ;)

And yeah. Too weird and strange how FB took over the whole internet. I was stuck there for too long and now it's so boring,I post, then I delete my post within 24 hours. I might delete my whole account. Hah! Then again, I did that 2x and turned it back on a couple of days later. *rolling my eyes* .... Funny how habits work.

At least writing spontaneous poetry is a GOOD habit! I LIKE that addiction. I need to reclaim it.

Lostwire

Post by Lostwire » April 22nd, 2014, 9:18 pm

Jam it out on ~GO! And you'll find gems within, guaranteed.... :D
Jam on me!!!

Return to “Poetry”