are u ready for some football?

Post your poetry, any style.
WIREMAN

Re: are u ready for some football?

Post by WIREMAN » November 13th, 2014, 8:57 pm

sounds good to me....got home late, had to miss date and bar....ugh.....i guess i started back in the bars when i moved to sowebo in mid 90's steve....menckens cultured pearl and akiras sushi bar, also the little tom thumb across from hollins market where Joann the owner tagged me as "Wireman" and man it stuck... :lol:
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

saw

Post by saw » November 14th, 2014, 10:33 am

It's an odd sensation knowing as I do, that in Key West i was drinking in Hemingway's favorite bar, Sloppy Joe's....virtually unchanged over the years...or have sipped a cocktail in Paris in a cafe that welcomed Picasso.....it's a great way to let the mind wander a bit
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 14th, 2014, 7:37 pm

....the bar accomodates it all....BS....philosophising.....remember Joe the bArtender and crazy guggenheim?....jackie gleason show...old minnesota fats his self....love a good game of 8 ball in a bar, especially when i know the table.....old bars the best....new bars ok.....my favorite bar was akiras in sowebo, loved that place, appreciated every night it was there.....those sowebohemian nights are fond memories now.....most of the players waitin on the other side...

saw

Post by saw » November 15th, 2014, 9:34 am

loved the bars in the Keys, Sloppy Joes, the Green Parrot ...in Baltimore there were many, some of my faves were the music venues like No Fish Today, but there were the sleepy ones as well like The Rocket on Harford Rd.( the old Cameo theater )....the Cat's Eye in Fells Point

these days I drop in to see the bartender ( and co-owner and general manager) of Maggie's Farm...my son, Matt....he always treats me right, and in this bizzy world it's is a good way to keep up on his life

come to B'mo Mark, and we'll go see him....did I mention the food is killer ?

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 15th, 2014, 2:54 pm

ok....next time im back, i'll let ya know....cats eye a favorite for me, especially when tt tucker used to play.....i did some shows there with lumpy and jamie in between tuckers sets, one night there after i did one of my pieces a man left outta there and jumped in the harbor, we thought he drowned but he turned up later....no BS.....think i was foin that train thing i do about life and love and how inevitably you fall>>>>>>>> :lol:

saw

Post by saw » November 15th, 2014, 6:01 pm

good enuf wireman...give me a heads up

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 15th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Hold up! ... I wanna go, too! ... Mark, come pick me up and take me to Baltimore and we'll hang out bars with Steve. Wanna? :D

Glad to hear that guy didn't drown, btw... why'd he jump in the harbor? What a dumb thing to do. Hmm... Maybe he was going for a swim.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 15th, 2014, 7:46 pm

if u ever saw that water you'd know it'd be suicidal to jump in....its the dirtiest disgrace u ever saw.....who knows why people do what they do....maybe the poetry did it :roll: .....i found out about it later via tommy, then jamie heard they found the guy later alive, he probably was real embarassed about it all after he sobered up, that place, the cats eye pub, was about the rowdiest crowd i ever played to, by far....nothing even comes close, except maybe that country place in the blues bros. movie.....the 2 guys that came from frederick with me backed out it was so wild, so jamie wilson played drums and wayne werner played slide with me doin the vocals..."like a stiff breeze up on federal hill, love will cure all yur f'n ills, like a bowlin ball and your the pin, love will knock you down again & again & again." lines from my performance piece "All Aboard" that i did that night, its on my cd raga celtic delta blues band, easily heard on spotify, amazon, itunes, etc. etc. :lol:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 15th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Sounds pretty wild!

But what about that trip to Baltimore? :D

68degrees

Post by 68degrees » November 15th, 2014, 10:07 pm

I bartended all through college. Neighborhood type place. Great cliental. Good folks. Loved every minute of it (except cleaning the toilets). Always closed up, poured myself a draft, played MY music on the juke and played a couple of games of Donkey Kong.

68degrees

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 16th, 2014, 3:10 am

Hi again Doreen....theres a couple a probs with the going to b'mo....firstly i have no car.....secondly we'd have to line up a driver so we dont get a dui.....maybe i could rent one after the holidaze and we could stay at Steve's....its complicated these daze to do things like this, thats why i live in downtown frederick, i got 20 places i can walk to without the worries here..... :lol:
68degrees....thanks for reading.....as youve been reading we all love bars here, for me its always been on the customer side where i am a pro drinker and a dining connosieur... 8)

Return to “Poetry”