the curtain of time draws back

I hear her voice in the celestial wind
I followed poetry like a candle flame
she dances on the wick as I attempt
to apply words to her moving shape
as the flame winks put, my last words
drip out from my pen, until the ink runs out
'"I love you, I always loved you, and I always will"
Last edited by revolutionR on September 22nd, 2016, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjflowers80

Re: after the storm of flowers

Post by Tjflowers80 » September 22nd, 2016, 12:47 am

Who might "she" be, to leave the lasting impression. Very beautiful.
And above me the stars align
But not yet with my own
And the night birds sing
Whilst the demon haunts this restless soul.

Jessica Taylor

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 22nd, 2016, 3:45 pm

Yes, reconnecting with the cosmic poetry, flowing through windows of its eternity, past barking dogs of dogma, constriction of walls, fears, the not-seen...

Someone recently posted Woodstock photos online, and someone else commented: "Your generation destroyed 2000 years of Western Civilization." "Well, it was time" . . . would have been my response if I'd been in on that conversation...

revolutionR

Post by revolutionR » September 22nd, 2016, 9:19 pm

Western civilization was not destroyed by the people who enslaved the humans and perpetuated wars, disease and poverty, no, it was destroyed by kids with long hair and love beads and Jimi Hendrix. :roll:

thank you for reading.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 22nd, 2016, 10:01 pm

"Destroyed Western civilization" was only what this blowhard on that message board shouted. I disagree; I see it more as adjusting collective vision, seeing the bigger picture, punching holes in the Lie, as Burroughs put it.

And even if we take a different semantic path, even if we allow that Western civilization was/is being "destroyed"-- if we allow that "Western civilization" can only exist and expand on the backs of the rest of humanity, on the back of the earth itself, maximum material extraction, sustained only by taking more of the ruinous roads already taken to build itself up to what it's become-- even if we take that view, then a counter-movement was inevitable. Too many centuries of rattling skeletons in the closet.

And that's why, if I'd been on that message board when Mr. Angry Assclown, who like so many others is either unaware that "Western civilization" is built on the things you mentioned and the things I describe above, or believes "Western civilization" can't sustain itself without them, had made his asinine post saying that "Western civilization" was being "destroyed" (by things like Woodstock), I would have blown it off by simply replying: "Well, it was time."

That's what I meant.

revolutionR

Post by revolutionR » September 23rd, 2016, 3:11 pm

"Punch holes in the lie" Burroughs understood as an artist, that this is what art is for, we can paint beautiful pictures of nature, but true art is about unraveling what we are told is reality.This is how I have always seen it, I knew that things were wrong as a child, as a teenager I had a really bad feeling about the direction America was going in. I was angry because nobody told me anything, or taught me anything, my father worked for an aircraft factory, i think he had security issues, I think he was intimidated by his employers, because he never talked about his job, or his life for that matter.So I was a product of that, I was a teenager in the late sixties and I was caught up in the times, the psychedelic wave, I wrote a poetic novel about my years of 67' 68', because I thought it was important to portray what it was like for a teenager in those two very influential years, the rise of hippies from the beatniks of the fifties and early sixties, the music and the questioning of authority and the demonstrations against the Vietnam war. I really am not happy about the sense that I was a product of trends in the culture, I thought I was thinking like a bohemian revolutionary, and it has taken me a lifetime to see the writing on the wall, poetry was my way of trying to teach myself, to educate myself, but is has been a long hard road because in the beginning when I was young there was still some kind of hope that things could change and my generation could be the catalyst for that, but the powers that be learned very quick how to use their agenda against the resistance, to fund revolutionaries so to control them, to use mind control and programs like mk ultra. I was aware of this all along but in the late sixties and early seventies it was a still a different time, we did not have computers, so to lean about things it really was a lone thing of digging into books in libraries, and word of mouth, but it was a slow process. So what is "western civilization" is it art and great minds that have made inventions that make us great, and or it is the powers that be that want to kill off most of the humans on this planet
through war and disease. And the next question is are there beings from other worlds and maybe from this world that live underground that want to get rid of the nefarious people that have enslaved the humans.

So if they blow the planet up so much for western civilization. I have not mentioned anything about religion, because I think religions were developed to enslave us, but it is very complicated, because the Bible has been changed and translated and made by men in Rome, but there is knowledge of our origins hidden in the passages, but people still cling to certain either/or black and white type thinking, and that is where it gets so complex. The cabal running this planet that have been in control for thousands of years
has a plan for us, and it is not pretty, but the bottom line is there are signs that cosmic forces are at work
that are are on the side of us human poets.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 23rd, 2016, 10:07 pm

Well said.

Even if "Western Civilization" prevails--at the cost of a bombed-out and ransacked/raped home planet, then what would that "victory" really mean?

Return to “Poetry”