Funk bands tried to keep going,
but then Reagan got elected and
people took more drugs and it was
all about money and conquering
more lands to make more money
and I kind of lost interest at that
point though I'm still interested
to see how it turns out.
Last edited by mnaz on April 15th, 2018, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

creativesoul

Re: I love the old Funk sometimes

Post by creativesoul » April 8th, 2018, 1:19 am

I love funk- my very first love husband - I was 17- he was a Cajun drummer w/ green eyes- he got so slap happy about music it was almost scary- talking to me in eighth notes on the snare- I once slept w/ my head in a bass drum-
These days I would rather listen to old blues and tower of power- Carlos Santana-
I liked so much music- when I traveled- music was a part of the journey
But this one club that used to be open all night in Oakland- my God Dncing and drinking all night long- I don’t know what Reagan was snorting but I was definitely redesigning my nostril-
Tonight I tried to learn Dutch on an app to be able to do more than cough when I get to Amsterdam- but since I’m going to chile in may maybe spanish is better to learn- for now— I speak fluent italian-‘ but I really am not so sure that I have anything to say except without music my life would have been less spicy- romantic- and the “ bump” was a great dance⛩🌇
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » April 8th, 2018, 1:23 am

I think John travolta in “ disco inferno” was really a strange influence on men of that era- at around the same time - Saturday night live had -Steve Martin -“ two wild and crazy guys” Dan akroyd and the blues brothers!
Which road are we walking?
Joni Hendrix- Joni Mitchell-
But Earth Wind and Fire
I still think Lionel Richie is an imbecile
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

mnaz

Post by mnaz » April 8th, 2018, 4:56 am

Ha, I liked the bump too until I danced with a woman who bumped me into next Tuesday. And Lionel, well, he just got soft. Kool and the Gang too. Soft. Maybe that's how it works with the Funk.. Well, I guess P-funk never went soft; they kinda just stopped. (After Reagan got elected.) (Everything changed after that; it all went to greed and materialism... And everything went digital; it was never quite the same...)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 8th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Zapp....doo-way-diddy.....it was the time to do your thang....baby😎
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

mnaz

Post by mnaz » April 8th, 2018, 8:59 pm

More Bounce to the Ounce... EPMD did a nice sample back in 88 or so. About as funky as it gets ...

saw

Post by saw » April 9th, 2018, 1:06 pm

George Clinton got it all over Bill and his saxaphony...
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Post by mnaz » April 14th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Yeah, true. He didn't stop; he just went on to Atomic Dog and whatever comes next, stay tuned... And Slave had that one tune in '77, Slide, which messed with radio DJs when Drac launched into his guitar solo only 2 and a half minutes in-- too early to fade out... Ah, memories... There is something about a groove after all...

Return to “Poetry”