Build A Wall

Post your poetry, any style.
mnaz

Build A Wall

Post by mnaz » January 20th, 2019, 11:15 pm

Build a wall! build a wall!
Will it work? It don't matter.
Build the wall! Keepemout, keepemout!
Do the borderfolk want it? It don't matter.
Build the wall! build the wall! Build The Wall!
Hell I'll buy it; they'll take my money anyway.
Footstomping gasbags! Politicky tantrums!
Ah, the stuff of Greatness.

mtmynd

Re: Build A Wall

Post by mtmynd » January 21st, 2019, 4:04 pm

A fake president who came from wealth knows nothing but what he wants always comes true.

The facts are meaningless to the 73 yo spoiled brat stopping millions from working, from buying, from borrowing.

Those facts abound daily but bounce off a man who has no sense, who has no compassion, who has nothing but love for himself.

When will we ever learn, when will we learn wealth never equates with wisdom, wisdom to run the United States for Americans not himself.

When will we ever learn, when will we listen to the collective wisdom of "We the People"...??? When our lights go out?

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 22nd, 2019, 3:14 pm

It's disgusting. Our so-called "leaders" can't even hold any remote semblance of a rational discussion. Even the only (R) border Congressman (Hurd, from just east of the Phar Lepht district) thinks our money-- if it is to be spent on the border-- should be spent more wisely than this foolishness. Staffing up, utilizing technology, etc. I dunno, Cec. The whole thing has just devolved into a bigger shitshow than ever.

Can't get too hung up on it, I guess. These things will pass...

sasha

Post by sasha » January 22nd, 2019, 5:15 pm

El Kapitan is what he is - an ignorant, pampered, self-indulgent oaf compensating for his self-loathing by belittling those more competent while wrapping himself in cloaks of the finest gilded damask... he can't help being what he is. What I find utterly incomprehensible is the continued glassy-eyed, spittle-lipped adoration of his base for whom he has the least regard, those who refuse to recognize what a dumbass they've put behind the wheel. They swallow his lies as eagerly as the ice cream they think he shits......

Makes me proud to be 'Murrican.....
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 23rd, 2019, 10:57 am

Honestly, I'm fed up with the whole lot. This isn't leadership, this is a shitshow of toddler tantrums being thrown, back and forth. Utterly brain dead. Pathologically embarrassing. It's beyond surreal at this point.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 23rd, 2019, 3:23 pm

I just loves me some surrealism! To paraphrase George Corley Wallace, Surrealism yesterday, Surrealism today, Surrealism Forever ! What's this "We the People" stuff? It was never a fact in the first place just an idea, an ideal, something to shoot for and if we made it we could all feel pretty up and walking righteous 'bout ourselves, right? We all should be scared shitless of "We the People" by now - "We the People" elected Dick the Trick, twice - elected Jimmy"Call Them Back" Carter after the fiasco of Dick the Trick and poor Mr. Ford before him who just fell into the job. Then "Ronny Hollywood", twice - Then Bush Sr. then Bill, his wifey, Hillary, and Brother Beer Bob, again twice - then Bushy "Mission Accomplished & Fuck Katrina" Jr., twice, then Barack "1st Black" Obama - twice - seems to me the track record of "We the People" is not only less than stellar all of the time but less than shiny most of the time. Does no one remember the words of Rare Earth from their song, I Just Want to Celebrate? You know the line I'm talking about, right at the beginning of the song, right?

"Put my faith in the people and the people let me down"

Our current president was chosen and elected, legally and Constitutionally, by "We the People" - and neither political party has yet figured out exactly how that happened much less what it means and because their "leaders" lack common vision on that score Mr. Trump stands to a good chance of a second term. For one thing, Mr. Trump does not have a "base" - not in the sense the term is traditionally used, it was not "a basket of deplorables" who elected Donald the T - anyone want to guess who did?

Thought so.

Anyways, "We the People" let the mythic images of Walking Liberty, Seated Liberty, and Standing Liberty disappear from their coinage to be replaced by the idol worship images of dead presidents - says something, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEnkWLEtns
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 23rd, 2019, 3:44 pm

Like I said, the whole thing's a garbage dump at this point. Plenty of blame to go around, and I mean ALL around.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 23rd, 2019, 8:04 pm

Build a wall around the the country club.
Build a wall around the school.
Build a wall around the white it's-so-white White House.
Build a wall around the black-brown prisons.
Build a wall around the low-income housing apartments.
Build a wall around rich rich Wall Street. Wall Street's wall.
Build a wall around the entire fucking metro system.
Build a wall inside your mind.
Build a wall outside of your mind.
Don't let anybody in! Keep everybody OUT!
Get off my grass!
Bring your own lawnmower.
Bring your own bricks.
Bring your own concrete pourer.
Let's DO this!
Wall people in! Wall people out!
Wall wall wall!
Let's hear it for the wall!
WALL!!!!

Gimme a W!
Gimme an A!
Gimme an L!
Gimme an L!
What's that spell?
WALL!
What's that spell?
Wall wall WALL!
Hah!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 23rd, 2019, 8:18 pm

Wall wall wall. Wall is a ball!
Everybody heard about the wall?

:D

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 23rd, 2019, 8:47 pm

Indeed Doreen. OUT is the New IN, so I've been told.

Dunno... It's just too bad we don't have any actual, you know, LEADERSHIP on either side, from ANY side, in this all-consuming, godawful, godforsaken bombed-out tar pit waste dump of national 'discourse' we've descended into. Too bad we can't, you know ... actually DISCUSS and DEBATE in an intelligent way, for example, the various merits and drawbacks of a border wall, or the larger questions of whether or not more money for border security should be spent, and if so, how best to spend it-- paying careful attention to what the PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIVE ALONG THE BORDER have to say... you know, like ACTUAL ADULTS IN A FREE DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY might do, and not this constant, petulant posturing and flinging of feces back and forth like little two-year old hellions bickering in a sandbox.

OTOH, maybe I should've posted this to the politics board, not here. Oh well, sorry ...

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 24th, 2019, 2:29 am

This is a great and perfect place to post this! All I can say is... and we thought the GWBush era was bad! Haha 😂

saw

Post by saw » January 24th, 2019, 12:01 pm

If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 4th, 2019, 12:09 am

Okay, so I'm selfish. If I ever return to that beautiful stretch of the Rio Grande between desert peaks on that road in the Big Bend area of Texas (maybe, or not, but nonetheless), I would be disappointed if I saw The Wall cutting through and blocking my view, trying to wall off the desert..

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » February 4th, 2019, 1:09 pm

The power of nightmares
The politics of fear
FDR would say . . .
Don't let the devil steal your joy.
saw:
I really liked that video a lot, thanks 8)
We got to convince we the people to put those parasols down.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 4th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Thanks Jack. I have a pretty good photo of the Rio posted on page 6 of the photography board in the Arts Center, under "The desert all looks the same..." Pretty amazing...

(For some reason I can't find it on my photo-hosting site. Oh well...)

Return to “Poetry”