mnaz

Mob Hit in New York, The News Said

Post by mnaz » March 16th, 2019, 2:58 am

Shot, more like riddled really,
tried to slide under his Cadillac,
bully bullet boy by the front door
of a comfortable Staten Island home,
that hood where the last mobsters live.
Was it a rift in Family or between them?
Tune in and buy the goddam DVD set
to see if Tony Soprano wins.

gypsyjoker

Re: Mob Hit in New York, The News Said

Post by gypsyjoker » March 16th, 2019, 10:41 am

Hunter S was a martyr to his art.
thank you for the nice!—poem
i am a crow, i swoop down on studio eight and steal tiny bits of shiny writing, string them together in my other brain.
pardon my ramble
hi jack :oops:
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 16th, 2019, 5:27 pm

At least he had a nice car.
Hunter S too.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » March 17th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Tony soprano- went home to Italy- was honored at a dinner and dropped dead that night- pretty sure it is not the pasta-
I dunno who done it or why
But it gets done
The hit thing is always about money and power
The legends of al cApone- Bonnie and Clyde -
And a bunch I of cosa nostra - is padrini devo controlare
Yep site romantic of the moonshine days and the flappers in the 1920 s and then ? Fucking war
I think I like dancing drunks and Italian book makers - and cooks as well
ThAt gavi di gavi sclera white wine
Gave me all the courage I needed to stay married
To the king of kings - the father of
My sons-

Mafia feeds widows and the poor-
But you don’t talk any smack to nobody
That is what happens when you step outside the neighborhood
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 18th, 2019, 2:26 am

They'll die out eventually.

saw

Post by saw » March 18th, 2019, 10:25 am

we should all fear the corporations that are killing the planet....talk about hit-men
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 18th, 2019, 7:59 pm

saw wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 10:25 am
we should all fear the corporations that are killing the planet....talk about hit-men
Amen! Nature is overwhelmingly more powerful than the embarrassing species we are. The same that chuckle and smile ever time DJT tweets his fearful bullshit and only a few fire back at the idiot. The Mob..? they are the ones who raised DJT in Queens and sent him out into the world with with his nasty tongue spitting the worst of the worst at all who cringe but do nothing, those who call themselves "Senators", Congresspeople", our powerful Military generals and a Scotus who is thankful to that mobster fro putting them in office for life...

Mobster of the worst, the very worse kind behind of wheel of our once beloved ans honorable country, in less than two years has become a dirt pit getting overrun by copy cat junior mobsters spreading fear across the nation and across the world. We should be be wary of that scourge, authoritarianism that our fake president continues feeding.

But Nature is on the march... everyday people take the hits and the losses that Se is dolling out regularly... and will do so until common sense, compassion and love returns to this human greed and chaos now in charge and has no clue what to do with that they stole from the rest of us.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 19th, 2019, 2:03 am

Cecil you seem a little biased toward The Left, with all that talk about the "sudden evils of politics" (which now at the moment seem to be decidedly right-wing in DC). See how they did that to us?

Politics is a disease at the end of the day. Bigger issues to deal with.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 19th, 2019, 11:43 am

big issues we must deal with, such things as honor, prestige, and war.

gotdmam me hijacked another thread, I meant to post to your Bauhaus thread and Guernica :oops:

weird psychological quirk of mine every time i think of that painting i think of a song called: whitefreightliner blues steal away my brain

keeps on writin and fightin the good fight thanks for the poem 8)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 20th, 2019, 4:27 pm

mnaz wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 2:03 am
Politics is a disease at the end of the day. Bigger issues to deal with.
What is more important than our Constitution? our Environment? our Freedom of the Press?

Surely you believe all these issues are under threat, the threat of protection of such is in large part what made this Nation what is WAS and needs to return to. "The Right" is certainly in full support of DJT and his demands and spreading the fears for reasons that baffles many in the news corps. Are you aware DJT's continuing attacks of McCain... even dissingthis past weekend, McCain, who died in August of last year.

What I stated in my first reply I view as Truth and not some distorted belief that all is good for DJT. He's a lying, cheating, narcissistic S.O.B. who claimed, more than once, his love for Kim Jong-un. Do you honestly think any President could make that claim and remain in office except for his supporters in Congress? DJT was very wile when he so easily granted reduced taxation for the wealthiest (and most likely to pay for his 2nd four years) who turn a blind eye whenever DJT is mentioned.

[enough]

Excuse me for hijacking your poem, amigo.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 20th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Oh I agree about the plague of Trumpism. I guess I was being a little too "cryptic-contrarian." I wouldn't say The Right is in "full support" of all of Trump's demands (numerous GOP Congresspeople just voted against him on the Wall issue, for example), but yes, I'd agree that he's still getting too much unconditional support based on little more than party affiliation. Far too much, arguably.

I was just thinking in more general terms. Every time I think it can't get much worse in high-level politics, and The Left is starting to piss me off almost as much as The Right, The Right just takes it to new heights of scorched-earth ugliness. Ultimately in this age of escalating Divide-and-Conquer Left vs. Right bullshit, such falsified incitement will become increasingly pointless as the Rape and Pillage of our national wealth keeps growing. Wasn't it Obama who escalated the Afghanistan war? And who got us entangled in Syria? And you'd be surprised (or maybe not) at some of the shit that went down during Obama's run ("enemy combatants," anyone?) Neither party is snow white when it comes to hacking away at the Constitution, though I agree, what's going on now seems to pose the biggest threat(s) yet. And if THAT doesn't bother people (for some inexplicable reason!) then the utter sellout and TRASHING of our environment sure as hell should.

I'm just tired of the cartoon-ish, BigDickWrestlemania, junior-high food fight Farce our government has become. It has become massively dysfunctional, delusional and delinquent overall. There is no real leadership, governance, communication, meaningful debate/discussion or genuine attempts made to compromise and actually solve problems. While I have pretty specific ideas about "who started it," at some point that becomes less important.

I also agree that there is NO WAY IN HELL a Democratic president would ever get away with some of the shit DJT has gotten away with. Jesus man, the first time a DEMOCRAT tried to pull shit like cozying up to a tryant like Jong-un (or Putin, for godssakes), or relentlessly trashing a guy like McCain like some juvenile degenerate, he'd be tarred, feathered and impeached as a dirty rotten Communist bastard and run outta DC on a rail. In some ways we've become a nation of right-leaning hypocrites. I think decades of "Conservative" indoctrination on radio and TV has a lot to do with that. Enough, for sure.
Last edited by mnaz on March 20th, 2019, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » March 20th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Allan watts
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 20th, 2019, 10:39 pm

I miss e-dog, I think he was one of the most perspicacious persons posting about the science of politics, poly sci we used to call it in the days before A.I.
I think e-dog was close to the truth when he said this shit started with the franky prussian war in 1870. Then it took about 30 years to reach the USA. Public opinions, god save us from true believers.
Nietzsche died for our sins 8)

Whatever happened to FDR
We need another president with disabilities.
So who you going to vote for at this point?
how about a draft hillary movemnt ?

saw

Post by saw » March 21st, 2019, 11:14 am

sadly both parties to the largest extent are in bed with the corporations that propelled each individual into office.

and it would certainly not be disingenuous to characterize members of the gang such as Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort , and of course the Trump family as mobsters. The closest thing in american politics might be Warren Harding and the Teapot dome scandal...I mean Roy Cohn's work speaks for itself

I never would have believed, that so many elected officials would be so complicit ( both parties) in turning a blind eye to suffering....their donors hold sway on every single decision they vote for or against....for many representatives, their main focus has become raising money for their next election

Nancy Pelosi according to Open Secrets is worth 100 million dollars....even as Speaker of the House her salary is a little more than 200 k per year...so how does one increase their wealth in that dramatic fashion ?...might she be tabling certain legislation or pushing other legislation which will benefit her investments ?........of course....it is simply the deep state of so many that choose to run for office.....

It is refreshing to see committed representatives like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.....if only there were hundreds more

Democracy is being tested....do the 3 branches really keep each other in check ?.....will Robert Mueller unearth an un-detonated landmine ?

or will things keep chugging along with more and more citizens being thrown under the the double-decker bus ?

stay tuned

interesting article for those that have the time and the stomach for it

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06 ... lationship
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » March 22nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

Diplomats and presidents
All dresses up in magical inspiration

Yet- how is it possible that so many atrocities
Have been committed in the name of law and justice

Maybe I am a bit rusty on the facts
But the Mind is like a welding torch
Cutting through walls of steel
Created to allow new freedoms to many

Yet pilgrims will

Make up all kinds of rules

Then it seems - that all those dreams went down
D

Return to “Poetry”