No More Politics!

Post your poetry, any style.
saw

Re: No More Politics!

Post by saw » October 22nd, 2019, 5:11 pm

corporations absolutely dominate policy and thereby politicians...this quid pro quo love-fest gets pushed aside by the media because...well...the media itself is for the most part, corporate....what we see and hear is limited to what OZ wants us to know....and in my mind it's been a brilliant strategy to focus on our differences...who should i pick ?...the Hatfields or the McCoys....one of them I'm sure will make my life better ...yet look at your paycheck ...not much different since 1970....look at the minimum wage....

Yet being the trusting souls we are, we roll the dice, go all in....put all we got on the 6 horse in the ninth race....and we are elated when he comes in first...only to see Nothing change.....oh sure, they throw us some bones to keep us interested,,,after-all the game is getting re-elected to do the bidding of their powerful donors....it's a merry-go-round...we get to choose if we'll ride a donkey or an elephant....but when the music stops the attendant says...Get off....and we realize, HEY, this is where I got on....I've just been going around in circles

In 1988 ( I may have mentioned this B4 ).....The League of Women Voters refused to join a new alliance between the Dems and the Repubs that would dramatically script the debates....TLOWV was exposing candidates with tough questions they were not prepared for...the newly struck deal would eliminate that....each candidate would now be able to prepare their answers....and lots of other changes were coming as well, like who would be allowed in the room....who would ask the questions, the camera angles ...virtually everything would be scripted.....TLOWV realized this would no longer be a debate, but the onset of reality TV as it turned out....they refused to endorse this....I'm paraphrasing here but they said they would not be part of the Hoodwinking of America.

We Need third parties !....but that deal Also made it harder for third parties to participate....

All the bickering, is Jerry Springer shit....rev up the voters with my little practiced zingers

it all began in the laboratory

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/us/p ... bying.html
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

saw

Post by saw » October 23rd, 2019, 8:39 am

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 23rd, 2019, 2:18 pm

saw wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 5:11 pm
corporations absolutely dominate policy and thereby politicians...this quid pro quo love-fest gets pushed aside by the media because...well...the media itself is for the most part, corporate....what we see and hear is limited to what OZ wants us to know....and in my mind it's been a brilliant strategy to focus on our differences...who should i pick ?...the Hatfields or the McCoys....one of them I'm sure will make my life better ...yet look at your paycheck ...not much different since 1970....look at the minimum wage....

Yet being the trusting souls we are, we roll the dice, go all in....put all we got on the 6 horse in the ninth race....and we are elated when he comes in first...only to see Nothing change.....oh sure, they throw us some bones to keep us interested,,,after-all the game is getting re-elected to do the bidding of their powerful donors....it's a merry-go-round...we get to choose if we'll ride a donkey or an elephant....but when the music stops the attendant says...Get off....and we realize, HEY, this is where I got on....I've just been going around in circles

In 1988 ( I may have mentioned this B4 ).....The League of Women Voters refused to join a new alliance between the Dems and the Repubs that would dramatically script the debates....TLOWV was exposing candidates with tough questions they were not prepared for...the newly struck deal would eliminate that....each candidate would now be able to prepare their answers....and lots of other changes were coming as well, like who would be allowed in the room....who would ask the questions, the camera angles ...virtually everything would be scripted.....TLOWV realized this would no longer be a debate, but the onset of reality TV as it turned out....they refused to endorse this....I'm paraphrasing here but they said they would not be part of the Hoodwinking of America.

We Need third parties !....but that deal Also made it harder for third parties to participate....

All the bickering, is Jerry Springer shit....rev up the voters with my little practiced zingers

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/us/p ... bying.html
Spot on!

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 24th, 2019, 1:02 am

Yes, OZ.

Well, Dorothy had her suspicions about the politicians behind the curtain, and so do we..

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 24th, 2019, 1:10 am

I swear, I'm sometimes tempted to write about "no more lies," but then I realize lies are the foundation of politics. Lies might even be nature itself, or so politics tells me.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 24th, 2019, 8:47 pm

mnaz wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 1:10 am
I swear, I'm sometimes tempted to write about "no more lies," but then I realize lies are the foundation of politics. Lies might even be nature itself, or so politics tells me.
Being that "lies" are un-truths one must assume truth is without lies. Politics..? I find it to be a shame on civilization that the true purpose for politics IS for the betterment of mankind. But as we know, politics, thanks to economics buys favors and robs the people rather than aid the people.

We are collectively so far behind our full potential do better... a near-civilization that is far too consumed by greed and power.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 5th, 2020, 7:52 pm

mnaz wrote:

No way Totenkopf, are you kidding me?
Though he was smart and necessarily nasty.
A Chess master. What is it about chess?

He seemed to be a troll. Hell I'm a troll depending on what you believe, but none of that has to do with the state of politics, which seems almost beyond repair.
I think he had more user names than I do.
Hester_pryne liked him
I did too, but he was high maintenance wrote some of the best stuff I have read here and also a lot of boring shit

hi doreen
everywhere I go these days
i aways say hi doreen
Last edited by jackofnightmares on February 5th, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 5th, 2020, 7:57 pm

nothing to do with politics well maybe I am a troll too
it seemed to be political to me
here is an interesting song about totenkoph's avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwR1kuejRE
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 8th, 2020, 12:14 pm

mtmynd quoted New York Times article:
yes, in Freud's lab,
he charted the abyss
The Unconscious Abyss: Hegel's Anticipation of Psychoanalysis (Book Review)

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 13th, 2020, 4:58 am

Right. No more politics. Wishful thinking.
God how I wish for that.

What a fucking hijack of our spirit.

wylde

Post by wylde » February 13th, 2020, 7:03 am

mnaz wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:58 am
God how I wish for that.

globally the picture is more or AS bleak in the USofA.

Good news, if it's not for the "hot meat" pangolin eaters in China - the causation of cardi0v19 (whatever) virus.
At least China the world's factory is closing down.
We've already run out of materials previously sourced via Europe before their move to low cost mass Chinese options.

perhaps it will give time for contemplation.
Even as unlikely as that be.
.homesick. but homeless.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 29th, 2020, 4:42 am

Future shock (as in now). I always wondered where these global viruses came from.

saw

Post by saw » February 29th, 2020, 11:39 am

Trump lies with every breath he takes
but yesterday was by far the most shocking distortion
that any world leader could utter
at a rally he called Coronavirus a Hoax

It is hard to fathom the depth of his depravity and madness
this man really needs to be institutionalized
somewhere where he cannot harm any more people than he already has
it's one thing to eschew climate science, but to call a possible pandemic a hoax

is unforgivable, dangerous, and a wake up call
about a week ago I commented on another thread here
he has become more than merely an annoyance
He has become a grave danger.......and that danger grows !

is it really possible that possibly more than half of our country like him and will try to reelect him ?
this is truly dystopian shit man.....holy fuck

wylde

Post by wylde » February 29th, 2020, 11:34 pm

There is also growing evidence that Covid-19 can be found in people with minimal or no symptoms, and that asymptomatic people can be contagious. Very likely, there are far more cases than are being detected all around the world. This will almost certainly get worse.
Harvard University epidemiologist Dr. Marc Lipsitch provided a startling estimate: within the coming year, 40 to 70 % of people around the world could be infected with the virus that causes Covid-19.

Trump and his dy.nasty.
will be safe.
His doctors hiding ice-cream away from him. And secretly mixing in cauliflower to mash potato. True fact.
Ivanka likely 1st woman president of the usa.

Just musings...

I don't care about anyones political party. Anywhere on the globe.

but where is the kind in humankind.

the human race is over.
the rats won.

...or so it feels.

love & kindness to all hear (sic)
my small oasis of electric ink connections.

as i struggle for inner peace
with concomitant amounts
of torment.

i repeat this:

thank you for giving me a place & space to park my never mind.

as you feed me from feeling your own seeings in return.
✋🏻
.homesick. but homeless.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » March 2nd, 2020, 11:31 am

God how I wish for that.

Churchill said the twentieth century was highjacked by Bismark and Rockefeller.
if we are in trouble the rats lost too.
I am putting my money on green slime mold
just musing hear
inner peace is not the result of a struggle
it is a gift to those who no longer seek it
Sorry Mnaz, you punched my God ticket
I wish I was in love with a beautiful woman again

Return to “Poetry”