No More Politics!

Post your poetry, any style.
saw

Re: No More Politics!

Post by saw » October 22nd, 2019, 5:11 pm

corporations absolutely dominate policy and thereby politicians...this quid pro quo love-fest gets pushed aside by the media because...well...the media itself is for the most part, corporate....what we see and hear is limited to what OZ wants us to know....and in my mind it's been a brilliant strategy to focus on our differences...who should i pick ?...the Hatfields or the McCoys....one of them I'm sure will make my life better ...yet look at your paycheck ...not much different since 1970....look at the minimum wage....

Yet being the trusting souls we are, we roll the dice, go all in....put all we got on the 6 horse in the ninth race....and we are elated when he comes in first...only to see Nothing change.....oh sure, they throw us some bones to keep us interested,,,after-all the game is getting re-elected to do the bidding of their powerful donors....it's a merry-go-round...we get to choose if we'll ride a donkey or an elephant....but when the music stops the attendant says...Get off....and we realize, HEY, this is where I got on....I've just been going around in circles

In 1988 ( I may have mentioned this B4 ).....The League of Women Voters refused to join a new alliance between the Dems and the Repubs that would dramatically script the debates....TLOWV was exposing candidates with tough questions they were not prepared for...the newly struck deal would eliminate that....each candidate would now be able to prepare their answers....and lots of other changes were coming as well, like who would be allowed in the room....who would ask the questions, the camera angles ...virtually everything would be scripted.....TLOWV realized this would no longer be a debate, but the onset of reality TV as it turned out....they refused to endorse this....I'm paraphrasing here but they said they would not be part of the Hoodwinking of America.

We Need third parties !....but that deal Also made it harder for third parties to participate....

All the bickering, is Jerry Springer shit....rev up the voters with my little practiced zingers

it all began in the laboratory

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/us/p ... bying.html
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

saw

Post by saw » October 23rd, 2019, 8:39 am

If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 23rd, 2019, 2:18 pm

saw wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 5:11 pm
corporations absolutely dominate policy and thereby politicians...this quid pro quo love-fest gets pushed aside by the media because...well...the media itself is for the most part, corporate....what we see and hear is limited to what OZ wants us to know....and in my mind it's been a brilliant strategy to focus on our differences...who should i pick ?...the Hatfields or the McCoys....one of them I'm sure will make my life better ...yet look at your paycheck ...not much different since 1970....look at the minimum wage....

Yet being the trusting souls we are, we roll the dice, go all in....put all we got on the 6 horse in the ninth race....and we are elated when he comes in first...only to see Nothing change.....oh sure, they throw us some bones to keep us interested,,,after-all the game is getting re-elected to do the bidding of their powerful donors....it's a merry-go-round...we get to choose if we'll ride a donkey or an elephant....but when the music stops the attendant says...Get off....and we realize, HEY, this is where I got on....I've just been going around in circles

In 1988 ( I may have mentioned this B4 ).....The League of Women Voters refused to join a new alliance between the Dems and the Repubs that would dramatically script the debates....TLOWV was exposing candidates with tough questions they were not prepared for...the newly struck deal would eliminate that....each candidate would now be able to prepare their answers....and lots of other changes were coming as well, like who would be allowed in the room....who would ask the questions, the camera angles ...virtually everything would be scripted.....TLOWV realized this would no longer be a debate, but the onset of reality TV as it turned out....they refused to endorse this....I'm paraphrasing here but they said they would not be part of the Hoodwinking of America.

We Need third parties !....but that deal Also made it harder for third parties to participate....

All the bickering, is Jerry Springer shit....rev up the voters with my little practiced zingers

it all began in the laboratory

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/us/p ... bying.html
Spot on!

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 24th, 2019, 1:02 am

Yes, OZ.

Well, Dorothy had her suspicions about the politicians behind the curtain, and so do we..

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 24th, 2019, 1:10 am

I swear, I'm sometimes tempted to write about "no more lies," but then I realize lies are the foundation of politics. Lies might even be nature itself, or so politics tells me.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 24th, 2019, 8:47 pm

mnaz wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 1:10 am
I swear, I'm sometimes tempted to write about "no more lies," but then I realize lies are the foundation of politics. Lies might even be nature itself, or so politics tells me.
Being that "lies" are un-truths one must assume truth is without lies. Politics..? I find it to be a shame on civilization that the true purpose for politics IS for the betterment of mankind. But as we know, politics, thanks to economics buys favors and robs the people rather than aid the people.

We are collectively so far behind our full potential do better... a near-civilization that is far too consumed by greed and power.

Return to “Poetry”