Post by mnaz » July 26th, 2019, 1:25 pm

America was one big Vegas slum
full of plastic opiates and booze,
electric snakes and Nixon's jowls.
Hunter mumbled a lot, shot lizards,
froze himself on 220-volt narcotics.
Grace Slick was Alice in a rabbit hole.
Carpet was crawling, people grew tails,
right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo.

mnaz

Re: Fear and Loathing, '71

Post by mnaz » July 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm

I think sometime around '71 is where it all started to go wrong. Might be 1571 though, not sure exactly..

(But I cant prove any of this, of course.)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 27th, 2019, 1:25 pm

mnaz wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm
I think sometime around '71 is where it all started to go wrong. Might be 1571 though, not sure exactly..
all that in one fucking year and '72 and beyond..? whose memory can ever take it all in?

The Mac 512 sure did open the gates... and I don't mean Bill's dreams.

And then the internet! Christ... nothing the same... just more of it.

How is the riddle of time does anyone comprehend not only the 20thC but this goddamn 21stC?
what a bag of bullshit that's turning out to be. eh... no comprendo.

**just think, nazareno... all this ran out an onto this page all because of your post! here's that 'changie' thing again...

Instant delivery of email and instant msgs world wide is too much to comprehend any more...
Last edited by mtmynd on July 27th, 2019, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 27th, 2019, 1:26 pm

stop.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » July 27th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Stop and go. Whatever happens, that ain't gonna change, stop and go until maybe no more go, but I think the rock still has a long way to go. Even Cosmological scientists (like George Carlin) agree on this point. Yet even the Universe seems to be in a quandary about time..

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » July 27th, 2019, 4:47 pm

I used to think that “ guys with long hair “ were cool— if you made me laugh - I was in love- time is like a book - turning each page much slower now-
I had a vision once - I thought it was just “ good weed” - but really- it seems like it’s happening now-
And the focus has to be on “what people are doing about it” other wise I would have to surrender my vision.. that cannot happen- it seems to important - when I read about a millionaire inventing something to clean the ocean-
Or that a whale thanks the divers for untangling him- one by one—
Or that children don’t want to eat meat-
Genetically I have to see the future generations and the ceremonies of long ago( Native) be brought back-
I believe that no matter what century I am in- there is gonna be stuff to deal with—
How?
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

mnaz

Post by mnaz » July 27th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Time is being compressed and partitioned, according to recent humans (like my boss at work). Time has always been a human construct. When Dr Gonzo in the movie said: "one more hour in this town and I'll kill someone," what did it mean? And since when did the Universe ever give a shit about time?

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 25th, 2020, 11:42 am

... no matter what century I am in- there is gonna be stuff to deal with— How?
The first step? Maybe recognize this stuff exists. Can't deal with anything if you're convinced you can just buy your way out of it. Bulldoze it. Pave over it..

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 25th, 2020, 12:07 pm

we are going to need a bigger bulldozer
can we deal with by using an algorithm?
oh yes facebook is teaching the world to sing
I wanna be in the Pepsi generation

time is a human construct? is there any other kind?
maybe we need some other ape's construct? Bonobos are nice.
time is a melody whatever that means
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 26th, 2020, 1:37 am

Awhile ago I heard some fizzycyst say that time is just the direction in which entropy increases, or something like that.

And entropy is the tendency of the universe toward a state of homogeneity. Or something like that. The beige burbs of Vegas circa early 21st century reminded me of entropy...

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 26th, 2020, 10:44 pm

doctor my eyes
"I saw what I saw when I saw it."
Neon Vegas entropy
I thought first semester fizzcycs at U of Md was so boring, timing a ball rolling down a rail, timing, and plotting the results but the first time I come down a mountain pass in a forty-ton semi I realized just how exciting physics could be. Husserl doctored my eyes, before all our modern elegant hardware that we have to observe the universe about us, there was just these guys with pencil and paper
I suppose that entropy is zero beyond the event horizon of a black hole, beats me,
maybe I just need an excuse to write.
thank you for the poetry,
H.L. Mencken was my hero, even more than HST, but that is probably generational and maybe also he is my homeboy.
a real-live nephew of Lord Baltimore
There used to be a Polish plumber in Baltimore whose name was Sam Baltimore when he came in at Ellis Island that asked him what his name was and he thought they asked him what city he was going to. His English not so good,
Sometimes I have a hard time believing what I am seeing.
I can hardly watch certain faces on tv. Trump, sometimes I force myself to take a hard look at his face, the skin around his eyes is so gray, zombie eyes if I have ever seen it. It is because his skin is so orange...maybe if I had more compassion for him my amygdala would not be so spastic
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 27th, 2020, 4:02 am

If you lead with hate, then
we'll come to hate your lead.

Return to “Poetry”