One big gang-bang jerk fest.
Christ will just have to wait.

mtmynd

Re: Creed of Greed

Post by mtmynd » August 18th, 2019, 1:10 pm

So much greed, so much needed to keep up with greed
not anything to do with need, no sir, greed is the reason
never the season for seasons rotate and give pause but
"NOT GREED" for it is unable to survive without WANT.

Meanwhile, Christ has all the patience and more...
waiting is never a problem with the root of Truth
so long, so many, so much time patience is there
always waiting to give and never asking for returns.

Allow not destiny to intrude upon Now

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 19th, 2019, 12:21 am

I read about the Ayn Rand Conference this summer. Good god. Greed is not only good, but anything other than greed is morally inferior!.. Anyway, it does seem like "we'll reap what we sow" with this culture of greed. (And hate.) (And militarism, for that matter). We're seeing it play out.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 19th, 2019, 8:35 am

Congressman Rand Paul (K) was named by his father after Ayn Rand. It seems the (R) factor admires the works of Ayn Rand, believing in her thoughts and ideas as her books reveal. I read Fountainhead in my mid-teens and thought it to be interesting, to say the least. I could've been a convert to the beliefs of greed's superiority. But I grew up and found Truth over fiction to be superior to bullshit. ;)

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 19th, 2019, 9:51 am

It's not so much that all these conceptions are entirely "wrong." More like they're only part of a bigger picture. Like Newton's laws weren't "wrong," just part of a much bigger relativistic space/time picture, as Einstein pointed out. There's arguably a time/place where components of self-interest should govern, but as a universal philosophy of truth? No. Much too narrow. Too short-sighted. Time moves on. (And even accelerates!) Physics and intellect evolve..

saw

Post by saw » August 20th, 2019, 5:14 am

the egoism of Atlas Shrugged remains the playbook for much of the right...They believe that only CEO's are smart enough to run the country, it's the perfect camouflage for greed...always crying about deregulation....they tell the working slobs to shut up and trust them as they blow off the tops of mountains in WV to mine coal, then walk away from their destruction....or figure out ways to commercialize deadly chemicals ala Agent Orange into the more palatable RoundUp which causes hideous cancers...( Monsanto is just now getting sued for this ).....they hate the government over all, but gladly will use it to lift regulations...the greed seems to be more of a game, a competition to see who has the bigger dick... Well, that may be immaterial if we lose planet earth....imagine being indifferent to the damage you cause, willing to destroy the very thing that gives you life....talk about a dystopian novel....I'm sure our reality could out sell Atlas Shrugged...but there won't be anyone around to write it....much less read it
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 20th, 2019, 12:33 pm

saw wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 5:14 am
the egoism of Atlas Shrugged remains the playbook for much of the right...They believe that only CEO's are smart enough to run the country, it's the perfect camouflage for greed...always crying about deregulation....they tell the working slobs to shut up and trust them as they blow off the tops of mountains in WV to mine coal, then walk away from their destruction....or figure out ways to commercialize deadly chemicals ala Agent Orange into the more palatable RoundUp which causes hideous cancers...( Monsanto is just now getting sued for this ).....they hate the government over all, but gladly will use it to lift regulations...the greed seems to be more of a game, a competition to see who has the bigger dick... Well, that may be immaterial if we lose planet earth....imagine being indifferent to the damage you cause, willing to destroy the very thing that gives you life....talk about a dystopian novel....I'm sure our reality could out sell Atlas Shrugged...but there won't be anyone around to write it....much less read it
Wholeheartedly agree with your comment, Steve! Well said.

IMO, the 20thC was built largely by the "Monopoly Theorem", i.e. the winner of the game wins all and the rest..?
Too bad! You're a loser so who cares?

The quicker that "game" is seen for what it is, the far better we all will be. Morality has to take the stand before anything else happens.
Secondly, a fresh and new economic system that aids the masses, i.e. feeds, clothes, shelters and protects... a compassionate economy.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 24th, 2019, 5:35 pm

The 19th and 20th Centuries (like a few before them) were about trying to lock up what knowledge and riches were still left in the known geographical world at the time (which was accelerating all the time). If Money is the Answer, then it needs to survive its share of tests and prove itself worthy (like any earth-born(e) organism), and this endless stretch of Wars too; they should offer up some wisdom, something beyond War Perpetuating Itself.. So saddle up pilgrims. Do we believe in this Creed?

Return to “Poetry”