We used to talk to each other.
Remember those days when we
addressed each other as humans
and not some goddamned political
pawn? Well I do. Or maybe I don't.

saw

Re: All These Political Assholes

Post by saw » October 2nd, 2019, 7:37 am

partisanship has destroyed the ability of our government to function with the interest of it's citizens as their primary function...And I believ at the core is our representatives are, by and large , beholden to their donors....( two thirds of the time in office for most reps is spent raising money for the next election )....Our frustration is being used against us...ie...it's easy to whip people into a frenzy where they hate this or that group, which is a most effective way to not have fingers pointed back at the very folks in Congress that are letting us down....it's also a good way to get re=elected....meanwhile the planet is melting....
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Re: All These Political Assholes

Post by mnaz » October 3rd, 2019, 1:49 am

Completely and utterly broken. I said it over 3 years ago, and it still holds.

Seriously. NOBODY VOTE. For ANYONE. I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY of these sold-out Con-Artists, assclowns and Mafioso who deserve a vote. An exaggeration? Probably. BUT NOT BY MUCH. THROW THEM ALL OUT, EVERY SINGLE DAMN REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT, the whole crooked, corrupt, double-talking pathetic lot of 'em. What a massive cluster****. I think we've passed the point no return with this 2-party nonsense. Total dysfunction.

And for godssake Founding Fathers, why on earth didn't you think of term limits? They should've figured that out. We fixed that issue with the presidency (in theory at least-- we'll see if Blowhardus Narcissus actually leaves when his time is up), but it's BADLY needed in Congress and the Supreme Court too.

Return to “Poetry”