I remember, because the world
seems to be full of assassins and
gangs and fast cars, because we
voted for them, for promises.

Greed is strange.
I'm just watching the races,
maybe to see how they turn out,
and money is a funny thing.
Last edited by mnaz on October 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mnaz

Re: This is Just the Tip of the Iceberg.

Post by mnaz » October 5th, 2019, 4:23 pm

I have faith in us
to do just the wrong thing
when we mostly do the right.
Hillary wasn't right either.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 5th, 2019, 5:30 pm

I still worry a little about the Deep State..

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 5th, 2019, 5:39 pm

sorry you worry
if it is any consolation your poetry and politics posts are an analgesic for my worried mind. so thank you and keep on keeping

the deep state gives me deep elum blues oh lordy I got them too 8)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 5th, 2019, 6:13 pm

mnaz wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 5:30 pm
I still worry a little about the Deep State..
and that is exactly what those who preach "deep states" want you to do - worry. worry yourself sick.
so in desperation to encourge worrying, the farce becomes a little more spread out on the world... thinly... too thin to be effective.

Think! 7.6 BILLION and counting humanity multiples in quantity like it never has ever done before.

"It took over 200,000 years of human history for the world's human population to reach 1 billion; and only 100 years more to reach 7 billion."

"Deep State" is pure bullshit devised too scare the scared. The 'deep state" is the depth of the grave of ignorance. Ignorance to believe ANY power, ANY theory, ANY race, creed or religion can control 7.6 BILLION humans. Think about that! We are unable to control our anger or our sex life, and yet any slug who thinks he can control humanity is a joke. Quite literally FUCK THEM! They operate on dreams alone. They're doomed to the sewers of life.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 5th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Well Jeez man I've always worried a little about the CIA, but luckily never been caught in that crossfire. If the CIA finally decided to topple Trump (because he pissed them off one or ten times too many, like everyone else), then what can I say?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 5th, 2019, 8:41 pm

and money is a funny thing.
funnier than a fart in a space suit

aah so the tip of the iceberg lettuce
it is the corporate deep state government that worries me a bit.

but what the hell if it is good for silicon valley it is good enough for the USA./...'freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, now that even corporations ride bicycles

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 6th, 2019, 1:37 am

There’s no such thing as “the deep state.” It’s propaganda bullshit.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 6th, 2019, 5:50 am

I see I touched a nerve. Good. It's about the only way I can make myself feel "better" about what has gone down in the WH the last 3+ years. "Someone was finally fighting that." Yeah right.

I'll just (try to) leave it at this: All these issues that have been DREDGED since 2016: can we not simply forget them when this guy finally leaves? Can this be our "wake up call?" The border. Our institutional worship of War, especially the Cold War. Yes, BULLSHIT. And it's not like Democrats haven't had a hand in it too. Seriously.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 6th, 2019, 8:20 am

Hard for me to see you speak against DJT & Gang followe by the (D)'s in the same breath.

DJT has done so much damage to the Nation that anything you can say about the opposing Party is just an attempt to make sure "our government of We the People" is just as guilty as the Fake President screwing the anyone and everyone that disagrees with this absolute danger to democracy.

It is the (D)'s in a counter-attack to save America and our Constitution. Where is any one (R) going to stand up for the instant removal of the madman in the WH?

This is one hell of a distraction from a "Creative Writing - Poetry" you, mnaz, have stripped any meaning of the word 'Poetry' from this board. Are you in cahoots with DJT..??? Silently enjoying the dismantling of this board... you need to be watched, amigo, very closely. What Party do you support today? hmmmm...

saw

Post by saw » October 6th, 2019, 9:02 am

If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 6th, 2019, 3:43 pm

To me, the more disturbing underlying issue is how such a piece of work could even remotely be electable, let alone actually squeak out an electoral win. This is on We the People at the end of the day, but it's also on the broken system of "government" that fewer and fewer people actually believe in. Both "sides" have been piss poor stewards of the considerable sums of money they extort from us to feed into their corrupted institutions-- not always, but far too often IMO. As far as "deep state," I think it's pretty well known by now what nefarious things our Agencies have been capable of doing. In this case I applaud any effort to FINALLY do something about this Menace, but on some levels it's still unnerving.

Which side do I support? I have to go with 'D' as the "lesser of evils," but I am profoundly disillusioned with the whole thing. And I'm far from alone or isolated on this. Sorry if I'm taking up too much space here. That's a valid criticism. I'm capable of better.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 6th, 2019, 10:11 pm

:shock:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 6th, 2019, 10:17 pm

Sorry for the shocking reaction.... I can't help it. "The Deep State" is a conspiracy theory by ultra right wing radicals. It isn't real. It's bogus.

"The lesser of two evils" statement actually shocked me. Really? You really believe that?

I'm absolutely dismayed that the current so-called president of the US is still in office. Completely dismayed. There is evil in this administration. Lie upon lie upon lie upon lie. It's awful! Our constitution and our republic are both being dismantled and it's not being stopped.

You're not "taking up too much space" by expressing your opinion. Of course not.

What has taken up too much space is a narcissistic power-hungry asshole and those who blindly follow him.

sasha

Post by sasha » October 6th, 2019, 11:47 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 10:17 pm

.......What has taken up too much space is a narcissistic power-hungry asshole and those who blindly follow him.
(emphasis mine) And therein lies the real problem. DJT by himself is just one more self-absorbed, delusional nincompoop. That he's somehow amassed a cadre of bootlicking ass-kissers willing to follow him into Hell itself is the frightening part. Even if by some miracle the Senate should belatedly discover its moral compass and convict, his worshippers won't quietly accept his removal. Likewise if he's defeated at the polls. A dragon without a head is still a dragon.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Return to “Poetry”