Artificial Intelligence

Post your poetry, any style.
mnaz

Re: Artificial Intelligence

Post by mnaz » November 5th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Ran across an article just this morning:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019 ... ket-newtab
At least two children per woman—that’s what’s needed to ensure a stable population from generation to generation. In the 1960s, the fertility rate was five live births per woman. By 2017 it had fallen to 2.43, close to that critical threshold.

Population growth is vital for the world economy. It means more workers to build homes and produce goods, more consumers to buy things and spark innovation, and more citizens to pay taxes and attract trade. While the world is expected to add more than 3 billion people by 2100...
"Stable population"? Good grief... another three billion in the next 80 years?! This is what I mean-- artificial intelligence. Religious belief . . . Note the tagline tenet-- "vital for the world economy"... Yes, the American Way/Slash/Dream gone global... Endless Corporate-based Expansionism. (It doesn't know any other way.) To keep it all going and expanding, women must manufacture enough consumer units... WTH.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » November 5th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Kerouac wrote:
"Pretty girls make graves,. . .”
Saint Jack was a peckerhead, but his daughter loved him. 8)
Sure blame it on the girls.
I keep thinking of pictures of refugee camps, newborn babies at a mother's famine withered breast and I wonder what the mother's reproductive rights were?
I will be 90 years old before my car is paid off. If I live long enough to see that day I hope I will be living in a matriarchal society.
Ten years of evolution in biological time is nothing. Ten years in cultural evolution can be a sea change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo_women
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 5th, 2019, 6:26 pm

I don't wanna sound like some all-around Luddite/Kommie general-purpose sourpuss (though that's probably exactly what I sound like...), but it's astounding how fast and far this (now Global) Culture of Materialism/Money has spread and accelerated. And escalated. I was just reading about the Rain Forest being leveled and overrun with illegal gold mining (because the price of gold tripled in the last 20 years). "Tipping points" everywhere. The fundamental collective mindset will have to adjust at some point. But what does that even mean?! It's probably already adjusting. Everything is always adjusting, the earth organism and all organisms living on it and by it.

wylde

Post by wylde » November 6th, 2019, 4:42 pm

.homesick. but homeless.

wylde

Post by wylde » November 6th, 2019, 5:08 pm

“The rationality of the ruled is always the weapon of the rulers.” 

Zygmunt Bauman 
.homesick. but homeless.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 7th, 2019, 3:23 am

The "Age of Reason" died many a cannon death, so why not rationality as well? We're running out of potential true brain eras in some ways..

But you know, it's always been that way, so why worry? Everything is happening exactly as it needs to happen, the one true Zen wisdom from way back, which Zen of course would disown because it's beyond any one true wisdom..

wylde

Post by wylde » November 7th, 2019, 6:33 am

mnaz wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 3:23 am
The "Age of Reason" died many a cannon death, so why not rationality as well? We're running out of potential true brain eras in some ways..

But you know, it's always been that way, so why worry? Everything is happening exactly as it needs to happen, the one true Zen wisdom from way back, which Zen of course would disown because it's beyond any one true wisdom..
quire so. the water in the river ever changing yet remaining the same...

but. for me (personally) what is and has happened in not exactly which or how it should have; resulting in torment death despair exploitation
mostly unfair slaughter (besides humans) of our natural bio-dome. To enrich a few arseholes.
if that is meant to be i accept that.
not for now.
for now i will continue with the the single starfish returned into the sea at at a time approach.
I will make a difference as much as as i am limited to do; its always the right time to do the right thing.

here's hoping. but without expectation.

it's easier to kill and idea than a movement.

“An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.”
.homesick. but homeless.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » November 7th, 2019, 12:45 pm

“An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.”
"The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion."ibid
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

wylde

Post by wylde » November 8th, 2019, 5:23 am

jackofnightmares wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 12:45 pm
"The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion."ibid
This is very true.
People will forget what you said. people will forget what you did.
But people will never forget
how you made them feel.

thump the tin drum...
.homesick. but homeless.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 8th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Ah, I goof with Zen sometimes. It's so wide-open ... going beyond mind, emptying noise and such. Yes, everything is happening exactly as it should. Including my revulsion to much of it. Starfish, yes.

wylde

Post by wylde » November 9th, 2019, 6:04 am

mnaz wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 2:33 pm
Ah, I goof with Zen sometimes. It's so wide-open ... going beyond mind, emptying noise and such. Yes, everything is happening exactly as it should. Including my revulsion to much of it. Starfish, yes.
.homesick. but homeless.

Return to “Poetry”