at the stock market, I rule it all!
I can do anything I want, even
shoot someone, right there
in the middle of 5th Avenue.

saw

Re: The President Rages at the Stock Market

Post by saw » February 27th, 2020, 11:08 am

delusional narcissist no doubt
that cares nothing about anything but how he looks and if he is being praised enough
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 27th, 2020, 11:37 am

Nationalism was so 20th Century. We fought it in the Second World War. The fringes of it. WHITE Nationalism. Not saying that this is of chief importance to our current Mobster-in-Chief, but that's a big part of his base. If he was some sort of magician with the capitalist wet dream of the EVERLASTINGEVEREXPANDINGECONOMY, as his non-sociopathic, non-racist voters seem to hope for/believe, then maaayyybe. But mygod, the freight, the baggage that comes with this guy is just too much. Oh shit, I've said too much again .

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 27th, 2020, 11:39 am

Ill Fares the Land:
Freud said that where ever his thoughts took him a poet had been there first.
Ill fares the land, to hastening ills a prey
by Oliver Goldsmith
also:
Ill Fares the Land: A Treatise on our
Present Discontents
by Tony Judt
mnaz said too much again 8)
me too, always too much but I have heard that :arrow:
too much is never enough
btw: there was no second world war, rather shortsighted view of the history of the twentieth century in my opinion.
oh yes those who remember the past are doomed to repeat it. pardon me my age is showing again. :P
Last edited by jackofnightmares on February 27th, 2020, 12:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mnaz

Post by mnaz » February 27th, 2020, 11:51 am

I don't know if it's just personal. Maybe. No, I don't think so. This shit has gotta stop. Nah, I guess it's just personal.. As for the much-worshiped "WW2," with a few more decades between us and it, you start to see more of the disconnect..
ps: his "base" is thing-king more in terms of the Civil War, not the "WW2" horror show .. God, humanity .. And btw, the alternative, the "Democratic" shitshow, ain't a hell of a lot better, but at least they pretend to care. Am I being too negative again?

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 28th, 2020, 11:10 am

but if negativity is your bliss
I think you need to stay with it
Remember the hippy-dippy poster that had a graphic of a clear blue sky with fluffy white clouds and birds in flight? It had words on it, "follow your bliss"
I been thinking about updating it for the twentieth century. Instead of the beautiful picture, I would substitute a picture of President twitter. But I would not change the wording.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 28th, 2020, 12:51 pm

... and so the sick and unreasonable, broken mind of one DJT actually believes the manic virus
that has infected so any countries, to so many innocent people, is a MEDIA PLOT to undermine,
guess who - the Fake President of our United States!!

Weird... sick... the largest known narcissist in the entire world... yes, the ENTIRE WORLD due to
his addiction to TWEETER to "speak to that ENTIRE WORLD... that quickly is showing the world
how meaningless and useless this paranoid egotist truly is. Sad? Only because of his power that
he is not finished destroying what ever likability he had with his "trumpette fans" cheering him on every rally he creates.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » March 22nd, 2020, 2:42 pm

I almost cut my hair today
.. and so the sick and unreasonable, broken mind of one DJT actually believes the manic virus
that has infected so any countries, to so many innocent people, is a MEDIA PLOT to undermine

my own sick and unreasonable broken mind does not know what DJT actually believes
my mind shrinks from going there
but I am an old fucking fool so I rush in
thanks to doublethink
Trump and his fans live in the be here and now

life in the eternal present, what happened yesterday does not mean anything
They can go from hoax to a national emergency in 24 hours.
Just the way Big Brother can switch enemies in mid-sentence and not skip a syllable
Trump and his fans are fearfully and wonderfully made

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm

Feb 27th, this was? At that point he was already at least a month behind in dealing with this thing, and had been trashing intel reports, scientists and their warnings. Then after all that, instead of doing his fucking job and trying to somehow mitigate a major emergency, he threw another tantrum and called people names. Maybe we should only let grownups run the country from now on. Jesus.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » March 23rd, 2020, 10:02 am

Tя☭mp rages at everything except double cheeseburgers. Rage R Him.
Maybe we should just let the Chinese run the government?
The Chinese Virus, he keeps calling it The Chinese Virus.
He is so clever, he is the smartest man that ever lived
He knows more about science and stuff than anybody else, he is the best president we have ever had and he hopes he will be president forever after we win the war against the Chinese and all the non-white unamerican peeps everywhere... I am a true believer in the power of lies.
I dread Tя☭mp, he is an insidious disease.

“The world is beautiful, but has a disease called man.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

that's my two cents worth of insight into the broken mind of our fearless leader. :P

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 28th, 2020, 1:47 am

Things are happening fast, and there are billions of people and millions of centuries of time, whatever that is. Maybe I overreact to shit and don't have enough time, which has always been true.

Return to “Poetry”