Post by mtmynd » March 3rd, 2020, 12:18 pm

despite your "(c)harming" poetry
I trust you'll respect your vote
just enough to cheer on the winner???

mnaz

Re: Watch the Election

Post by mnaz » March 3rd, 2020, 1:59 pm

OTOH, whatta cosmos!.

Randomly clicked on this: "Ripples in space-time could explain the mystery of why the universe exists"...
"A new study may help answer one of the universe's biggest mysteries: Why is there more matter than antimatter?" ...
Whoa, dude ...

Eff politics. I mean, yeah! Go! go! go! go! go! Ra raw rah!! Yadayada...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 3rd, 2020, 3:44 pm

mnaz wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:59 pm
OTOH, whatta cosmos!.

Randomly clicked on this: "Ripples in space-time could explain the mystery of why the universe exists"...
"A new study may help answer one of the universe's biggest mysteries: Why is there more matter than antimatter?" ...
IMO, bigger than matter & anti-matter is what is holding up the universe... whatever this dark matter is, it is beyond understanding. How can "no thing" possibly be rationalized, i.e. understood for "what is it?"
Whoa, dude ...
Eff politics. I mean, yeah! Go! go! go! go! go! Ra raw rah!! Yadayada...
Come on, mnaz... don't try to convince me (or this group) that you really don't GAS who the next president is..???

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 3rd, 2020, 4:04 pm

Well it would be good to get The Dictator outta there, I'll grant you that ... to get back to the usual Totally-Whored-out Corporate VS. Not-Quite-As-Totally-Whored-Out Corporate Parties. But Bernie? ... Warren? ... "Progressives?" ... Corporations paying taxes? ... Get outta here ... Actual affordable health care? (from proceeds of OUR IRS-confiscated money?) ... when pigs fly ...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 3rd, 2020, 6:09 pm

mnaz wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 4:04 pm
Well it would be good to get The Dictator outta there, I'll grant you that ... to get back to the usual Totally-Whored-out Corporate VS. Not-Quite-As-Totally-Whored-Out Corporate Parties. But Bernie? ... Warren? ... "Progressives?" ... Corporations paying taxes? ... Get outta here ... Actual affordable health care? (from proceeds of OUR IRS-confiscated money?) ... when pigs fly ...
Let's see how this voting period goes. I'm curious about the numbers of folks that turn out. Could be a real surprise. "Dump Trump" would be the best of news for the good old U.S.A..

We all would be asking for far more than we'll ever get as to pleasing each and every voter - it's just not possible.

What carnival mogul said "You can't please all the people all of the time" ain't just a slogan but an astute comment.
Doesn't mean dropping out or ignoring our country which I still feel is a pretty swell country.
Call me a fool? Nah! A sober realist. Indeed!

How would you, mnaz, prefer to see our government do things? May be ideal... but all is doable. ;)

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 3rd, 2020, 6:54 pm

Hey man, when the "choice" is between YET ANOTHER Clinton (or a Bush-- you know that's probably coming up pretty soon) and Donald Freakin' Attila, the whole thing is Broken. Good lord. And now we'll have a "choice" between some near-80-year old DC hack-lifer who fumble-bumbles and can't get his stories straight (due to inability, not outright deceit like Attila), and who voted for the Iraq war as well, and that's supposed to get me excited? Nah man, nah ... I mean, I'll vote for the Lesser of Evils of course, but my God ...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 3rd, 2020, 7:10 pm

mnaz wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 6:54 pm
Hey man, when the "choice" is between YET ANOTHER Clinton (or a Bush-- you know that's probably coming up pretty soon) and Donald Freakin' Attila, the whole thing is Broken. Good lord. And now we'll have a "choice" between some near-80-year old DC hack-lifer who fumble-bumbles and can't get his stories straight (due to inability, not outright deceit like Attila), and who voted for the Iraq war as well, and that's supposed to get me excited? Nah man, nah ... I mean, I'll vote for the Lesser of Evils of course, but my God ...
I'm not suggesting you vote for these examples you've listed (hey, I'm 5 yrs short of 80! ;) , but only think if you don't do ANYTHING or ANYONE, you might as well flush your un-vote down the friggin sewer. Boo Hoo you don't like the possible few men that might win... so what? Pull up your panties and stand up for whatever comes your way. Every one else will be doing just that. Nuthin' will heal the hurts but action that you'd like to see. Note: nobody votes FOR you! You gotta do what you believe is right for America. ;)

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 3rd, 2020, 7:17 pm

"The examples that I listed" ARE the 2 choices (for this election). Bloomberg won't make it. Warren is almost done. Bernie will be silenced. So yes, plug my nose and pick the lesser of evils-- as I said above. And then it's (hopefully) back to more normal bullshit business as usual. Remember, "Citizen's United" happened under Obama/Biden's watch. Wheeee! Demockracy!... (Yes, we have it better than many (most? almost all?) places. Yes, I've got a bad attitude about this. Yes, this stuff used to really get me fired up! But ...)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 4th, 2020, 1:07 am

Re: " Yes, this stuff used to really get me fired up! But ...)"

Obviously your still fired up, you reckon? ;)

Yes, Democracy is in dire need of adjustments. It takes a lot of support by the public, i.e We the People to support democracy in order for democracy to achieve what our Founding Fathers envisioned. But (there's always a "but") as long as the greediest of them all have control over the laws of the land to speak for them (I do *not* believe every billionaire is a danger to our democracy... no proof on that). Regaining control *IS* in the hands of We the People, *not* "they the wealthiest". Votes for those that support our Democratic future cannot and should not be tossed away as a outdated document that built this Nation for 244 years. Giving up would be the wrong choice for anyone who wants a better future for the future generation. Anything less is waving the white flag of surrender.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 6th, 2020, 11:32 am

So now it's down to Old White Men again. 244 years of Only Old White Men Need Apply for this job. Bah.

Return to “Poetry”