fuck up or try to fuck you.
"You're just biased."

Names aren't necessary.
We know who we are.
Politics is a scourge.

mtmynd

Re: False Prophet

Post by mtmynd » March 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm

False prophets abound through the world. The only way to stop the falsity is theoretically be wise enough to see through the false-prophets.

Realistically - the masses either don't have the time to question, are incapable due to lack of good teaching, or actually believe the prophet to be legitimate and honest.

I disagree that "Politics is a scourge" but those who call themselves "politician" are not what politicians are meant to be. It's far too easy to elect a person to do what they are expected to, but there are forces within that oftentimes stymie the honest and fair amongst them. In today's political gamemanship we certainly know DJT is corrupt and on the other hand, Biden has played the game pretty much by the book in the eyes of his supporters... a man that has been in the politic business most of his life ; why? i believe it's because of his (fairly) clean records in all those years.

There is not a soul in the world that claims their purity. We are all flawed to varying degrees... it's human to be flawed, i.e. imperfect. But when a politician is running they are under the microscope watching everything they do (by the corrupt, usually) or investigating their lives for anything that would lessen their ability to do a good job.

(I've blabbered enough)

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 10th, 2020, 12:36 am

If you are invoking "God" to justify endless war and bribery and graft and killing as a means to something better, then good luck. You'll need it.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 10th, 2020, 4:30 pm

mnaz wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 12:36 am
If you are invoking "God" to justify endless war and bribery and graft and killing as a means to something better, then good luck. You'll need it.
Perhaps you've been indoctrinated from the early years of a religion that certainly disdains the behavior of anyone that isn't christ-like. It's a disease so many are subjected to - follow the Bible and the words of Jesus to keep humanity off the darken paths of wrongdoing. The solid christian follows the words of their Lord to join him in Heaven on their judgement day.

We all know, (though not all will publicly agree), that is the cherished wish most followers of the words of the Prophets who are behind the religion of choice engage their faith to. There is certainly no argument that will stand up against anyone who has cast their choice or religion, acceptance of Faith those words will give the believers the Path to Heaven (Nirvana, enlightenment, 20 women for every man... etc,). IMO NO, religion deserves to be ridiculed or belittled in any way, for every religion has something good and honest, a hopeful purity that the believer accepts as Truth. Why else is there so so many religions scattered across the globe? The real sin the so-called religious are guilty of is being convinced their religion is the BEST, the Truest, the Best of any other religion... a silly game humanity has played with lives at stake over the twisted belief that their religion is the ONLY region and all others are unable to stand hand-and-hand with them. Wars have foolishly been fought over the ignorance of "my-beliefs-are-better-than-your beliefs" or even sillier - "my prophet is better than yours"...the ultimate in ego worship.
mnaz, I've never felt the "need" to have good luck. Luck is an acceptance of a fortunate occurrence that transcends "need". It's a gift from an unknown factor that on either accepts *or* rejects because they do not feel worthy of.

As usual, amigo, I enjoy conversing with you, be it online, a phone call *or* a face-to-face conversation. May those remain between us. :wink:

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 12th, 2020, 1:31 am

I'd like to think I haven't been "indoctrinated."
That seems a bit anti-Christ(ian) to me in the first place,
but what do I know?

To me, "heaven" was always suspect.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 13th, 2020, 10:01 am

mnaz wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:31 am
I'd like to think I haven't been "indoctrinated."
That seems a bit anti-Christ(ian) to me in the first place,
but what do I know?

indoctrination : teach (a person or group) to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.
"broadcasting was a vehicle for indoctrinating the masses"

I use that word because of the word Bible... sacred, without flaw, THE word of GOD.

Never to be questioned is the way the Book is taught, is it not?
To me, "heaven" was always suspect.
Heaven, inmo is more "heavenly" which is more understandable, i.e. think of the Buddhist and other far eastern definition for one "Nirvana"
and take it from there. People "*can* achieve a "godly" experience, including "heavenly".

Please, DO NOT accept these words. That would be foolish. Keep on questioning all but do not eliminate all you know. :lol:

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 14th, 2020, 4:33 am

We can get lost in theological outlays and twistings until the cows come home, but at the end of the day if you're still promoting The Bible as the unquestioned "Word of God," then good luck.

In 2001-2006 in particular, recently, some "Christians" believed the Iraq invasion to be the start of the End Times Gog-Magog War, as foretold in scriptures.

History is long. The Bible covers some of it, if not all. And God of course is beyond history...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 14th, 2020, 5:41 am

"but at the end of the day if you're still promoting The Bible as the unquestioned "Word of God," then good luck."

not at all! i was expressing how the bible has indoctrinated the believers...

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 14th, 2020, 3:57 pm

I didn't mean you in particular.

What's interesting about "evangelicals" is that they are so eager to vote R these days-- ANYONE who throws them their religious moral legislative bones (pandering)-- that they don't recognize the subtle undermining of some of their End of Days doctrines. Pulling troops from Syria? Why? Syria was supposed to fall-- under Israeli control, or just off the map entirely, according to End Timers in the wake of 911. Pulling troops from Afghanistan, with little or nothing to show for it? Unthinkable for these folks, a decade and a half ago. Hypocrisy. Blatant hypocrisy and willful ignorance.

Leave religion out of politics and vice versa, that's all. Theocracy hasn't worked, and never will. Religion is between you and your God, you and your universe. And if you're going to be a Christian, maybe be Christ-like. Shit, we all come up short, but at least try...

Return to “Poetry”