maybe I'll fall in love this one particular tree
you know
like love at first sight
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Re: love at first sight

Post by sasha » April 19th, 2020, 12:49 pm

Just be aware of the ticks. I wasn't, and now I'm halfway through a regimen of doxycycline. My former R&D boss just emailed me letting me know that HE's been bitten, too. Still, I'd rather deal with them than with the human carriers. Ticks just do what they do, but stupid is an entirely different league.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 19th, 2020, 2:11 pm

sasha wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Ticks just do what they do, but stupid is an entirely different league.
Damn! Tick bites and runaway viruses = danger if not worry.

Take heed, SAW.

saw

Post by saw » April 20th, 2020, 10:25 am

I've been in the woods a lot ...the last 5 years particularly... and I make my own tick spray....with essential oils of eucalyptus and lemongrass....20 drops of each in spray bottle of water.....I also Always shower afterwards and use a scrub brush with liquid soap......so far that has worked, but I have heard ticks are expected to be far worse this season because of warm winter.....very sorry to hear you were bitten....do you have Lyme ?.....from deer ticks or was it a blood tick ?.....try making your own spray....you can send away for the essential oils and they last a long time....and it smells good.....and seems to deter mosquitoes as well.....best of luck roy
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Post by sasha » May 10th, 2020, 2:59 pm

saw wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 10:25 am
I've been in the woods a lot ...the last 5 years particularly... and I make my own tick spray....with essential oils of eucalyptus and lemongrass....20 drops of each in spray bottle of water.....I also Always shower afterwards and use a scrub brush with liquid soap......so far that has worked, but I have heard ticks are expected to be far worse this season because of warm winter.....very sorry to hear you were bitten....do you have Lyme ?.....from deer ticks or was it a blood tick ?.....try making your own spray....you can send away for the essential oils and they last a long time....and it smells good.....and seems to deter mosquitoes as well.....best of luck roy
Thanks for the info & especially for the well-wishes. Didn't see the critter, just the hole it left in my groin. I called my PCP immediately, who took me in right away. Probably not a Lyme tick, but rather than take a chance (and lose time testing me) she put me on a 2-week course of doxy anyway. There was some inflammation, but not the bulls-eye, and it's since gone away. Once again I seem to have dodged a bullet. I usually try to stick to open trails, but I was bushwhacking around flooded areas, and just didn't expect them to be active so early.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Return to “Poetry”