Re: It Only Takes One

Post by saw » March 1st, 2022, 4:57 pm

citizens always get the short end of the straw
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 1st, 2022, 5:23 pm

This U.S. is loosing their minds... especially on the "right side:... praising the madman, Putin... his dreams is to take all of :his: lands back. He's truly a madman (akin to trump.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 1st, 2022, 8:41 pm

Thanks saw, cec. The short end indeed. I'm discouraged after this latest military obscenity, more than I thought I might be affected-- maybe because a dear friend of mine has relatives living in Kiev, as Putin's senseless, soulless mechanized mass-death advances, I don't know. I'm disillusioned, particularly after the last few years, and yes, I have the luxury of bitching about it at a safe distance from unfolding atrocities. Optimism? ... What was I thinking? I know things have been worse in the past, but that's also the point-- the same mass-failure forever repeated in our so-called sentient species, for decades, centuries, millennia, and so it goes. I was thinking of HST's "wave" rumination over the weekend. I know it "doesn't really fit" what's happening now, yet...

" . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .
And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . . So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

Sucks.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 1st, 2022, 11:00 pm

friends with friends in the Ukraine. Digging in their heels to fight till the end, she reports they're saying. Another war, another insane grasp for power. So many war-torn nations, but this one strikes in hearts world-over. Cruelty comes in many forms, as I think back to the past. Why must it continue in the hearts of mankind?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 8th, 2022, 2:08 pm

Give Man power and he will use it... to his favor regardless of any one else.

Note Putin with his many seats ... all near empty... a man fearing the many, many many hurt, destroyed by others.

(Trump: making sure nobody will take his life... the guards around him, so afraid... so in secure...he values only himself.)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 11th, 2022, 4:32 pm

We all live in a yellow submarine...

Return to “Poetry”