Dream visions — not exactly poetry

Post your poetry, any style.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Dream visions — not exactly poetry

Post by Doreen Peri » May 2nd, 2022, 11:14 pm

Two recent vivid dreams about my son:
1) He was 6 or 7 years old and he was going to go take a bath. I was so proud of him but after a while, he didn’t come out of the bathroom and I went to check on him and all I found was a phone number scribbled on the wall. “Don’t worry. We have your son. We took him to the church,” the note said and then an unfamiliar phone number. The church??? Omg!!! Why? Who stole my son? I woke up panicked.
2) Someone who looked like Ozzie Ozbourn wanted my son to go with him to party at some rock clubs. In this dream, my son was about 15. I said “No! He can’t go with you!” Then I woke up, again in a state of panic.
That’s all I got. Call the dream manager. I usually love my dreamworld. But I don’t like these at all. Both happened during the past two days, one after the other in a row.

judih
Site Admin

Re: Dream visions — not exactly poetry

Post by judih » May 3rd, 2022, 9:04 am

you could try the fritz perls method of analysis. For each character in your dream, use 'I' and explain what's happening.
For example: Don't worry. I have your son. We took him to the church. Call us at this number.
I'm Jason. Someone came and took me to the church. They said not to worry and said you can call them.

What I mean is that dissecting the dream as elements of your own mind, you might be able to ascertain an overall message, something that isn't frightening.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 3rd, 2022, 12:14 pm

Thank you, Judih. That’s very helpful.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » May 3rd, 2022, 7:07 pm

There are so many ways to interpret dreams.. I have heard - that. You are everyone in your dream.. different aspects ..

I don’t remember my dreams anymore
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

saw

Post by saw » May 4th, 2022, 10:34 am

indeed, many possibilities for meaning......the dream world can be disturbing at times, but that's just because we want immediate answers.....just let it brew awhile..... 8)
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Return to “Poetry”