that sexy young representative in the short skirt promised

would raise the dead
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: mixing bowl

Post by Doreen Peri » February 4th, 2024, 4:37 pm

Your doctors should all have a list of your meds and shouldn’t prescribe anything that is incompatible with anything else you’re already taking. Ideally, there should be a team leader, perhaps your primary care physician, who makes sure no meds can interfere with each other or cause problems.

Your poem truly reflects the concerns of all patients because our healthcare system is so flawed and complicated.

I also read your other poem about having bad dreams as a side effect of meds.

Having cared for my sister during late stage Parkinson’s, I was never sure whether what she was experiencing was due to side effects of the medications and continual medication changes or
the disease itself.

I guess we have to be our own advocates to try to find out somehow about medication interactions. I don’t know.

All I can say is please take care and be careful!

Also, what do you think about sharing this stanza of your poem with your PCP?
is anyone paying attention
to what this combination
of prescriptions might decide to do
to my dreams
It could start a conversation about your concerns. Just an idea.

saw

Post by saw » February 5th, 2024, 4:50 pm

The problem isn't that they don't know what Im taking,,,,they are simply brainwashed to what the side effects might actually be......they ignore anyrhing anecdotal....and reply largely on what the drug maker tells them side efeects can be, and what the hospital says you should tell the patient......based on how little they know about the drug......your sister I'm sure was affected by the drugs.....these things are powerful......so powerful that missing doses can fuck you up.....it's much like being addicted....nothing happening to me seems serious, but I'm sure my chemistry is being altered ...
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 5th, 2024, 7:38 pm

Oh I am absolutely certain the drugs had a huge negative impact on her! Sometimes I think it was the drugs that killed her, not the disease. Seriously!

Please be careful!

I’m in the camp that thinks it’s wise to eliminate as many pharmaceuticals as possible from our diets! I think many (or most) of them are more dangerous than helpful.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 29th, 2024, 7:05 pm

saw wrote:
February 5th, 2024, 4:50 pm
The problem isn't that they don't know what Im taking,,,,they are simply brainwashed to what the side effects might actually be......they ignore anyrhing anecdotal....and reply largely on what the drug maker tells them side efeects can be, and what the hospital says you should tell the patient......based on how little they know about the drug......your sister I'm sure was affected by the drugs.....these things are powerful......so powerful that missing doses can fuck you up.....it's much like being addicted....nothing happening to me seems serious, but I'm sure my chemistry is being altered ...
I think it’s awful that they are so deaf to actual information from patients. They’re pushers for the pharmaceutical industry I guess.

Thinking of you. Let me know when you’d like to video chat. Maybe others would like to join us. Does the Google chat platform accept groups? Just an idea

Hope you’re feeling ok.

Return to “Poetry”