stages,
until it's unofficially,
proven safe.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 22nd, 2005, 12:57 pm

D.I.D.
You ever hear about
E.M.D.R
Eye Movement Desensitization And Repossessing …also works well with emotional triggers associated with childhood abuse or trauma.
eye-level,
to self,
in the mirror.
She hides behind her Jesus
Her arms are covered with sores
Self-mutilation?
I can see the worst about her and still love her
My daughter myself

Will she rise above her christian comfort zone?
With out corrupting truth I try to witness to her
Out of the blue while we are talking about something totally unrelated she mentions a friends suicide.
Do I want to kick away her crutch, I have to ask her three times why she brought suicide into the conversation.
She has no mercy in her no compassion
Just this rotting corpse of christian values

She can run to that cross and try to hide in the shadows
She has found a comfort zone
I have found a mirror

Don’t mean nothing

Doing the existential strip tease what ever that means

I have no idea what EMDR is, just came to mind when I read your poem.

Thanks for the food for thought
free rice

I used to be smart

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » May 22nd, 2005, 3:20 pm

You know Tink, i've thought you were mad at me and it does my heart good to see this fine response you've made here to my humble little outcry.

My hope in this, was that it was sort of suggestive of a revolution process, within all of us who are willing to look ourselves in the eye and follow through on what we know is right, and that is to stand up to those making us do things, or be a part of something, we don't believe in. I mean it's pretty obvious that many are being bullied by the few in office right now, and I believe we have the power to get them out, by becoming unified via looking at this as individuals together, and not as sheep.

It's a thick wall and my attempts at going through it are rather lame as of yet, but I'm working on it.

Thanks again!
And by the way, were you mad at me at some point?
Or was I just imagining it?
H 8)

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 22nd, 2005, 4:27 pm

I don't think so. I read practically everything you write. You have had a big influence on me. Right now I am very grateful for that signature line of yours from Walter Percy, I have just spent fifteen bucks for Love In The Ruins because of You. I also bought a book by Rumi because of you.

I would like to send you a PM about a situation here in Texas.

All those estrogen jams about sisterhood, very nice but not always true. It amazes me what shits women can be to each other. I got a situation here I would like to write to you about in private. My baby sister could use a big sister more than she needs a big brother. I would like to get your take on it.

Be careful about office politics. I remember an old hog hauler told me a story about a packing plant in Iowa that was treating the truckers unfair. One guy got them all stirred up and they went on strike. Later they saw that guy with a couple of brand new trucks still hauling hogs to the plant. He had got them barred so he could get all the business. sorry for the lecture
free rice

I used to be smart

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » May 22nd, 2005, 4:38 pm

Indeed, women can be a mess, men can be a mess. I'm often more of a mess than anything else, but please, if I can help i'd be honored to....will look for a pm from you.

I got turned on to percy via this studio! by a writer I miss very much and admired while he was posting here, even tho he was exasperatingly insulting at times.

And Rumi, well, seems i've been reading rumi a long time, for sanity's sake.

I'm working today on the entertainment calender for a monthly rag I'm on board with. I enjoy it, and it pays decent. I'll be checking in on and off today and all night too, deadline for the calendar is tommorrow night and i'm barely started. PM me!

By the way, full moon tonite, put yere moonwater glass in the window, drink it up tommorry!

Smoochies Tink
H 8)

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 22nd, 2005, 10:13 pm

Yes he could be insulting, and yes I do miss him too. But I don't take death threats lightly. But he was probably just taking poetic liscense. If you notice I don't make many replies to Creative anymore. Not just you, mnaz, panta, a lot of people over here I read constantly, but I don't reply. Usually there are plenty of plenty of people replieng more eloquently then I do. And most of them can spell better then I can
free rice

I used to be smart

Diana Moon Glampers

Re: Unofficially, proven safe

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » October 31st, 2012, 1:49 pm

testing, testing,1—2—3 testing.
"unofficially,
proven safe"
if it ever gets official approval we are going to be in a hell of a fix :wink:
I just dig your poetry, am just another fan with

"disassociative
isolationism
disorder." 8)

What worked for Nietzsche for a while was his sense of humor, Papa Hemingway had his trypewriter, Virginia Woolf had her friends, and Hunter S. Thompson had a wife.
I got Studio Eight and poetry.

thank you for writing.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

Return to “Poetry”