The Dalai Lama was on the Lawerence Welk show tonight.

Post your poetry, any style.
tinkerjack

The Dalai Lama was on the Lawerence Welk show tonight.

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 1:33 am

I was watching the lawrence welk christmas special high pressure sales winter pledge campaign on my local Texas Public Radio Station when the Dalai Lama walked on the stage from behind the bubble machine. He clapped his hands and bowed. The bubble machine started blowing intoxicating bubbles that floated down on the singers and musicians. One came out of the tv and floated towards me gently bobbing on a gravity wave. The bubble did not pop when he reached the tip of my nose. It parted and enclosed my head. I could breath in the scent of clarity. Intoxication is all I could do. I ain't living long like this. But I have heard it said, give strong drink to those about to perish.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 4:09 am

on a crash course in how to stop objectifying sensory data.

it don't get no more "blank" for me than these white out text boxes. So much easier to keep a open mind about what is clear. Words loom like semi's on I-90 in a fog bank.

I sure hope I have not offended any Buddhists with this post, just trying to find my own way to my buddha head and heart. Like the man says about five billion religions, and god only knows how many names for the creator.

The book I am reading about the Dalai Lama cheered me up so much I may finish the rest of that bottle tonght but I doubt it. I got a date with the void, I need to stay sober so I can drive to the icehouse up on the highway where they sell those expensive but fine Canadian Cigarettes. I would be better off being drunk. But I get to hook myself up to the pump. Can't face it with out a cigarette, thinking about Homeboy's patient with the COPD and the oxygen mask and the cigarettes and his refusal to medicate her for panic attacks. He said it is not anxiety, it is fear and that is all you have going for you right now. This has been my alcoholic sugar induced lost saturday, now well into sunday morning drinky post. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Today the last sunday for Calvin and Hobbes cartoon revivle :?: in the local news paper. yep that is it REVIVIAL? brain death. dead man typing.

Going to be a sunday morning coming down,
sweet silence them coal trains don't run much on sundays, I hope it will be warm and sunny again. Twenty degrees in the valley of Virginia, thank heaven I am a winter texan.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 4:35 am

correction, he did not clap, I misheard the sound of a buble popping for a clap,
ego death anxiety noted.

He simply placed his hands together and bowed.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 6:02 am

If I was driving now I would be doing about a hundred and ten and running for the Ariizona line with a pissed off New Mexico trooper sitting back at the ghost town exit nursing his blown engine along in the break down lane. Like those garbage haulers out of Florida who blew your doors off and vanish into the night before you even realized a truck had passed. In three more days my medicare kicks in, time to ride almost. Thinking about the kid in the papa john's pizza shirt, thanking god for his miraculous young bones that mend so fast. Trying to catch up to his brother at a hundred and twenty miles an hour on the main drag through town. We are standing by his brothers big Ninja which does not have a scratch on it. He shows me the pieces of his big Ninja on his cell phone camera. He thanking god, and me saying amen. I wonder what the hell I meant. I tried to say something about Homeboy the guy in his seventies that likes to do wheelies at 80 mph, and run flat out 150mph, the guy wass 18, I was sorry I asked his age as soon as I said it. I thought about my grandmother and her belief in the evil eye. I wonder when he will be going over seas. I tried to talk up race tracks, but who was I kidding. I asked him if he planned to ride again. "Oh Yes" , he said take a couple months to put his bike back together. "Well if it didn't kill ya I hope it made you smarter, safer"

Buddha Bikers I bet the creator must love them that is why there are so many.

Unbelievable night. I wonder what it would be like to walk the river walk tonight. Perfect night, temperature, humidity, breeze all nominal, nothing but joy in the sound of the Southern Pacific howling and rumbling by my open window. I got to shut this thing down. listen to the rumble, beep beep my little mechanical pancreas beeps. I got to hook up soon.
free rice

I used to be smart

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » December 4th, 2005, 3:28 pm

Scents of clarity all over the place here Still.
In that beautiful fog of yours.....

enjoyed reading these posts....

H 8)

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 4th, 2005, 10:07 pm

it was ok Hest, a little sloppy :roll: I rate it at three aspirins.

I don't drink very much, I tend to make too big a thing of it when I do. I just thought it was ironic that I was reading this book about the Dalai Lama while I was sipping that low down southern whiskey while watching reruns of lawrence welk chistmas shows, (don't tell me I don't have a life) but I appreciate the flowers anyway.

you know I have paved about a hunret miles on that road of good intentions. Going to clean it up. Speaking of clean prose, what happened to pellerine? Well it ain't a total loss we still got firsty.

feel like I am in two text boxes at once here. Burning A way the fog. Wireman said it all. I was thinking of a darker image. Not so much a negative image, just a dark one. Nightime it is hell on wheels. Foggy night eastern and caroline, the lamp lighter has made his rounds, Light from the gas street lamps glissens on wet cobblestones and steel rail road tracks. Box cars loom in the fog as whispy dark shapes.

I had a jar of moon water that I have been brewing a long time. I am glad I saved something for my golden years.
free rice

I used to be smart

Dylan Wiles

Jack

Post by Dylan Wiles » December 7th, 2005, 3:15 am

Jack, sweetie, you do go on.
Sign of a creative mind.
Well done. . . .ALL of it.

D
It's a funny feelin', bein' took under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you think.

"Gangs of New York"

firsty

Post by firsty » December 7th, 2005, 3:44 pm

ha pel is still writing and so am i except we're not writing that much i guess. did the dalai lama play a tuba with larry w? what the hell. i walked from the west village to uppereastside centralpark to sit in the grass and listen and see the dalai lama. people were pushy, that bugged me. richard gere was there. i liked the humming. the dalai lama was real funny and personable and told a lot of great and meaningful stories. i still sometimes dive into "some of the dharma" by jk and it always moves me. buddhism for me is peaceful and a way to reset my senses. i got into it several years ago and have been a better person for it, i think. anyway i see more than i used to, feel more, and feel better about it, usually.

read a lot of the lists, the rules and definitions and lists, on the ferry over the hudson during the winter months sitting in the very cold wind upstairs because too afraid to go downstairs within the trap in case the thing got blown up or crashed. for a while i had the enlightenment text on my palm pilot, read it all the time, on the way to work, in meetings, in bars, in taxis and on the trains. bookmarked every page for one reason or another. my palm pilot eventually crashed. i knew it would, i wasnt sad, i looked and said, "there it goes."
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 8th, 2005, 12:51 am

firsty I just deleted a post here because I miss posted.
This is more relevant I hope.

I don't know nothing about Buddhism, Must of what little I know I have picked up from people here and at litkicks.
I like it. But I get tired of the east is best, west is worst, I wanta look bothways when I cross the street. I even look bohways on one way streets. Tell me I am not paranoid.

I picked up a book on the Dalai Lama for a quater last week. I like what he says about religion.
buddhism for me is peaceful and a way to reset my senses.
I am trying to work on that too, the non objectification of sensory data. From what little Zen I have read it reminds me of a non interectual kind of Phenomenology.

I use to have an Allen Watts tape that I must have put a couple of hundred thousand miles on. Did not follow all of it but it cheered me up.

Dylan you mentioned the smell of gasoline, number two diesel was my drug of choice.
thank you for the flowers
infriendship
jt
free rice

I used to be smart

Return to “Poetry”